What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor Appointed Full Time

krispyredv

Juniors
I'm happy with this news, no one else really seemed like a perfect fit so Mary was the best option. He has 3 years to get us back to the top.

dragonreddy

Juniors
No point everyone being so negative, get behind him.. hes with us for atleast a year or 2.. hopefully we can have a dramatic improvement over "The Price Era", I definitely prefer what im seeing so far, even though it wasnt hard to improve on zero.

3yrs is a bit long, but we need to lock down our coach so Dousty can speak with potential recruits/re-contracts.

Mate i wish i could be positive ,but am too hard bitten after the PRICE debacle,can only see this happening again next season after 3 seasons in a row of failure.

krispyredv

Juniors
Mate i wish i could be positive ,but am too hard bitten after the PRICE debacle,can only see this happening again next season after 3 seasons in a row of failure.

MATE Mary has a little lamb have you heard of that nursery rhyme? Just sing along to it and be HAPPY!!!!!

Cagey Mac

Bench
Well I won't be happy unless we win twelve in a row and break that damned eleven in a row curse.
I mean really! How embarrassing.
I like the footy that we're playing now & overall we're bottom of the eight quality and a couple of players short of being a legitimate challenger.
Prepared to enjoy the ride for a while.
Cagey

blacksafake

First Grade
Wow 3 years,:? Doust must be desperate to cave into Mary's demand for 3 years. I was always worried that the club had no interest in looking anywhere else & this just proves it for Mary to "demand" 3 years.Doust had no plan B or else he would have said it's 2 years or not at all.I hope the majority on this forum me included are proven wrong by Mary (although I doubt it) but imo we needed a coach with more experience & at least from outside the "boys" club.So what happens if it does not work out the other "boys"club members Hornby&Young will then be promoted with no experience?.That is not an attack on them as they were favourites of mine.

Mr Red

First Grade
I'm with you Nick....happy about Mary getting the gig. Most involved with the club, and almost all the players wanted Mary as coach. They would know better than 50 or so disgruntled fatties spending most of their day on LU forums. Btw....I include myself as one of those fatties on LU forums. Just not a disgruntled one.

Go Mary.....go hard son.

Just like all the players wanted and supported Price as coach....:sarcasm:
What the hell are they supposed to say??

Mr Red

First Grade
“Over the next weeks and months I will look deep into our systems to ensure a thorough understanding of all aspects of our department and people and make any necessary changes,” said McGregor.

Look deep into our systems??? What's next ... " playing dragon footy.... Pulled their pants down "
This comment alone is enough to make me hate McGregor ...
Sad day indeed for the dragons... Did they learn nothing after the Price debacle?

krispyredv

Juniors
?Over the next weeks and months I will look deep into our systems to ensure a thorough understanding of all aspects of our department and people and make any necessary changes,? said McGregor.

Look deep into our systems??? What's next ... " playing dragon footy.... Pulled their pants down "
This comment alone is enough to make me hate McGregor ...
Sad day indeed for the dragons... Did they learn nothing after the Price debacle?

This is the dawn of a new era at the dragons, an era of greatness

GT0007

Juniors
The article was about the Warriors job. Try again genius

Of course and it was also stating Brown was happy in his current job and as your such a genius you would know he's under contract til the end of 2015. Happy in current role + under contract = No Brown for the Dragons.

Mr Red

First Grade
Facts? Is it a fact that Brown or Smith didn't want it? Show me the proof. What fact exactly was provided about Taylor.

Who the f**k are you to label people as deathriders simply because they don't share your own (rather dull) view?

Fact: facts are irrelevant to GT007 when he states a fact.

images
4-AAAA-AD7GJ6-9GD8Q7-2KK6E5-PB8HDF-BEAJ3K-4FNGDK.jpg

Care for a medicated tissue to wipe away your sorrow.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
My Gut feeling is making me sad.
I believed that the people running the St. George Illawarra Dragons were of sound mind.
I'm bitterly disappointed. It is clear there are some mightily pig headed people in control.
I can't believe this is happening to our club. It happened to other - Parra
The light at the end of the tunnel has gone out.
This will be my last game this weekend in prime position. My membership expires also this year. I think that will do.
You can't reason with fu*kwits and they don't have to justify their reasoning.
I have the memories of 2010. Bold and beautiful.
Moderate success will only be a smokescreen. This latest Doust decision has floored me.
I'm done - Yep, I'm done
Goodbye

Mr Red

First Grade
Of course and it was also stating Brown was happy in his current job and as your such a genius you would know he's under contract til the end of 2015. Happy in current role + under contract = No Brown for the Dragons.

I bet if a top of the table club like manly or roosters offered Brown the coaching role as opposed to the middle of the table warriors perhaps he would be "less happy" in England ......