What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor Appointed Full Time

dino2170

Juniors
IM BACK- THE THING with this mary appointment is that he is a rookie coach and he came cheap compared to others. i would love to see the contenders but saying this AT WHAT PRICE. Is the price of a premiership worthy of this appointment so we can at least say we have a coach that played for us. I SAY NO

Having a real coach is the differance being an also ran and having a winning culture

having a real coach is one that can extract excellence from his players

having a real coach can win games no matter in what circumstance

having a real coach can increase the crowds

having a real coach can instill confidence with the fans

do we have one for the term of the signed contract

I SAY NO

GT0007

Juniors
The timing will be right when Doust is gone.

That may be the case. I wonder if he habours any resentment at being punted for Bennett. Currently he has St Helen's on top of the table 3pts clear and smells a premiership so only an idiot would blame Doust for not signing him as he was not going to come. It's the same for Henry as he would've know the Gold Coast job was coming.

Fingerbang

Bench
My Gut feeling is making me sad.
I believed that the people running the St. George Illawarra Dragons were of sound mind.
I'm bitterly disappointed. It is clear there are some mightily pig headed people in control.
I can't believe this is happening to our club. It happened to other - Parra
The light at the end of the tunnel has gone out.
This will be my last game this weekend in prime position. My membership expires also this year. I think that will do.
You can't reason with fu*kwits and they don't have to justify their reasoning.
I have the memories of 2010. Bold and beautiful.
Moderate success will only be a smokescreen. This latest Doust decision has floored me.
I'm done - Yep, I'm done
Goodbye
My memory isn't so good these days....was Ridge married to Brook then, or Taylor?

And......bye!

mickeylane

Bench
Im unashamed Sheens fan and thought he would have bought instant success (top 4 finish)..nonetheless Mcgregor has been Ok in his brief tenure...the backline has some structure and looks threatening they attack near the line....the forwards are playing w some sort of mongrel - we just need some size up front and I think we will be a top 8 team..

Compared to Steve Price - Mcgregor seems like Jack Gibson has been appointed...

I'm generally disappointed but not shattered with his appointment...he has sound man management skills, seems like the players respect him especially the senior players and looks the "angry" type when pushed which I like in a coach a-l-a Hasler, Toovey, Bellamy.....

More over Im hearing that Parish will be appointed the ass coach which means we have 2/3 of the NSW SOO coaching team on board..

Bring on Kasiano, Mason......

Fingerbang

Bench
IM BACK- THE THING with this mary appointment is that he is a rookie coach and he came cheap compared to others. i would love to see the contenders but saying this AT WHAT PRICE. Is the price of a premiership worthy of this appointment so we can at least say we have a coach that played for us. I SAY NO

Having a real coach is the differance being an also ran and having a winning culture

having a real coach is one that can extract excellence from his players

having a real coach can win games no matter in what circumstance

having a real coach can increase the crowds

having a real coach can instill confidence with the fans

do we have one for the term of the signed contract

I SAY NO
You mean someone like Ricky Stuart?

gypsy

Bench
Im unashamed Sheens fan and thought he would have bought instant success (top 4 finish).

I don't get the Sheens love-in that many here seem to be in on.
He made the Semis 3 times in 10 years at the Tigers. He made 0 Finals appearances in 5 years at the Cowboys before that.

He has been irrelevant for a long time - only gaining regular wins coaching Australia, because that's a tough gig...

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
I bet if a top of the table club like manly or roosters offered Brown the coaching role as opposed to the middle of the table warriors perhaps he would be "less happy" in England ......

Maybe, maybe not only Brown knows that but he's coaching a top of the table team ATM and I'm sure he wants to win a premiership even if it is just the ESL. I'm not sure why its so hard to believe that he's happy there when the words came from the horses mouth

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Ps. I'm done with the incessent B.S. that come from the stream of Fu%Kwits that continually drone on with snide remarks to one another.
My goal finish the rewrite on my first novel then 2015 have my second done and then off to research my third and fourth.
The money is coming in. Once I had grand plans my Dragons - I won't be blowing my hard earned on that pipe dream.
You'll never know who I am - and F%ck I don't even care.
Yes this is Goodbye.
Goodbye
No it won't be see ya
Ps Save your Breath or your efforts at typing. I wont be opening this forum again.

St Georgio

Juniors
COACH-Making the top 4 and winning the comp is like winning lotto or having lots of money.
COACH-Making the top 8 is a top player becoming top coach who played at the highest level..Hail MARY

bottle

Coach
Ps. I'm done with the incessent B.S. that come from the stream of Fu%Kwits that continually drone on with snide remarks to one another.
My goal finish the rewrite on my first novel then 2015 have my second done and then off to research my third and fourth.
The money is coming in. Once I had grand plans my Dragons - I won't be blowing my hard earned on that pipe dream.
You'll never know who I am - and F%ck I don't even care.
Yes this is Goodbye.
Goodbye
No it won't be see ya
Ps Save your Breath or your efforts at typing. I wont be opening this forum again.

Ok, geez.
More swansongs than Dame Nellie.

Lifetime Dragon

Juniors
Well congratulations to him and I wish him well however....
This is a very risky appointment and will very likely end in tears and another example of poor decision making from the guys running the club. Plenty of other options in terms of timeframe could have been adopted. Feels like more of the Doust arrogance and total disregard for the members who pay his salary.
Time for a change at the top and if enough of us stand up it can be done.
Are you willing to attend the meeting and vote or just whinge.?

bottle

Coach
Well congratulations to him and I wish him well however....
This is a very risky appointment and will very likely end in tears and another example of poor decision making from the guys running the club. Plenty of other options in terms of timeframe could have been adopted. Feels like more of the Doust arrogance and total disregard for the members who pay his salary.
Time for a change at the top and if enough of us stand up it can be done.
Are you willing to attend the meeting and vote or just whinge.?

What meeting?
What vote?
Are you a Leagues Club member? If not, you are wasting your time.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=436169

Fingerbang

Bench
:lol:
:lol:

This guy sounds like bring back choc.... Remember him???
f**k this, f**k that... f**k you all ..
Bring back choc....:lol:

What a crack up he was....and so damn easy to sh!t stir.

Jersey no 14.....you mustn't be much of a novelist if you say we will never know who you are. Some of us maybe sh!t merkins and childish, but we do still read stuff other than Dr Seuss books.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Under mcgregor will probably see similar results like we had under Farrar in 2001-2002. 7th or 8th finish, possible first up win only to be bundled out in week 2 of the semis. The next coach after mcgregor will probably have the more success, especially if we have 3-4 players from the NYC who look to be decent first graders, Duffy, bird, Leulia come to mind.

BigH

Juniors
Get off his back everyone, we should all be 100% behind the coach and players! to many f#### wits here putting Mary down, for god's sake give him a chance and don't judge him on the next three games