What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor extension

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Before the State of Origin the team was easily the best side in the competition. At one point nearly every eligible player was pressing for selection. After the series, except for Frizell the SOS players looked jaded and their form suffered. SOS players from other teams held their form or greatly improved after the series. A good experienced coach would of built on the players SOS success and this is where McGregor failed dismally. He has the players he wanted and he still could not get them to perform for second round of the season. McGregor has had more chances than any other coach in the NRL, he should be replaced before preseason training begins.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Before the State of Origin the team was easily the best side in the competition. At one point nearly every eligible player was pressing for selection. After the series, except for Frizell the SOS players looked jaded and their form suffered. SOS players from other teams held their form or greatly improved after the series. A good experienced coach would of built on the players SOS success and this is where McGregor failed dismally. He has the players he wanted and he still could not get them to perform for second round of the season. McGregor has had more chances than any other coach in the NRL, he should be replaced before preseason training begins.
He's lauded by our management

WepnutV

Juniors
Y
So how did you think his original job interview went?

Something like this

OK Mary you have applied for the head coaching role and with what you have in your CV where do you think the team will finish join the comp with you as coach?
Well I think we can finish just outside the 8 for 3 or 4 years and then we might just fall into the top 8 but you can forget about top 4 or winning the comp or anything outrageous as that.

or

Yep give me the job and the team I want and I will deliver you some really hot results and a premiership wouldn't be out of the question.

or

I can deliver what others have been unable to do since Bennett left
Oops hang on a minute I have been part of all that, shit I take that back it's all chinless' fault.
You cant be serious.. Your funny

WepnutV

Juniors
Because he and the rest of us know we are not up to it.
The problem is, McGregor refuses to acknowledge he isn’t as well.

You are entitled to your opinion, however, most of us have higher expectations of the team.

We must aim to win the comp, aiming for second is not good enough.
wow.. How did you come to conclusion that our aim was to come second?
What do you mean by " up to it"?higher expectations is your fault not Marys, see he overachieved in my book.. He was ment to coach for a year or two while we chased the Bennetts and bellemys, as he was all for stepping aside if a big name came but 1 year in we found ourselves playing a semi final against a dogs team (that went on to the GF) that we really should of won if only Eastwood didn't take out Benji's knee. Our team was full of misfits that was not expected to make the semis that year. We neally won one. And we def did look the better team that day, only lost by a point. Its not the 60s no more mate it's 2018..

ouryears

Bench
wow.. How did you come to conclusion that our aim was to come second?
What do you mean by " up to it"?higher expectations is your fault not Marys, see he overachieved in my book.. He was ment to coach for a year or two while we chased the Bennetts and bellemys, as he was all for stepping aside if a big name came but 1 year in we found ourselves playing a semi final against a dogs team (that went on to the GF) that we really should of won if only Eastwood didn't take out Benji's knee. Our team was full of misfits that was not expected to make the semis that year. We neally won one. And we def did look the better team that day, only lost by a point. Its not the 60s no more mate it's 2018..
Come off it
Mary has won 50 PER CENT of games
That is failure
That is in the bottom 7
Not the top 8

We have the right to expect a premiership
If Mary’s expectations is just to make the top 10.....or even top 8
That’s his fault!!
Not ours buster

If you think top 10 is sweet, you are one of the reasons our club has fallen to this
Uncle Nick Politis expects a premiership
Tell him that’s his fault
Any fan, coach, player or board that expects less than FIRST, should not be in the role they are in.
Dead set tool, dead set Mr Average, M.E.D.I.O.C.R.I.T.Y.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
He's lauded by our management

Just who in our management? On Nov 1 we will have a new Board with the St George side mainly unchanged but the Illawarra side replaced with WIN delegates.

Doust will be replaced by Johnston and Millward forced to putll his head in and report to the head coach who will be replaced for the 2019 or 2020 season.

I'm hoping no more Illawarra faction.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
We got beaten 40-4 by Parra the wooden spooners and 44-0 by the bulldogs a team vying for the spoon and also well under the cap as they had to let players go.
The way that this board treats the supporters is apalling, even if they are not going to resign him they just drag it out.
People may not like Phill Gould but i bet you McGregor would be gone if he was our CEO.

That defeat at Kogarah by the Bulldogs which coincided with Nighty's farewell should go down as a day of infamy for the club. It was embarrassing to sit through it and if McGregor was a more honourable and less egotistical coach, he would have offered his resignation on the spot. Shame on those at management level who ignored that result and the other thrashings we endured from Parramatta and the Storm and continue to support this bloke.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That is what we get with Mary coached teams. Either a great performance or an absolute Shocker. There is no in-between. If they played OK for the games they lost they would have won but they played so bad that their for and against go smashed and they missed the 8 because of it.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
That defeat at Kogarah by the Bulldogs which coincided with Nighty's farewell should go down as a day of infamy for the club. It was embarrassing to sit through it and if McGregor was a more honourable and less egotistical coach, he would have offered his resignation on the spot. Shame on those at management level who ignored that result and the other thrashings we endured from Parramatta and the Storm and continue to support this bloke.

And I should add that the only two teams to beat us both times in 2017 were the Bulldogs and Souths and we know what happened to messrs Hasler and Maguire- they were sacked. In other words, coaches who can lay claim to being consistently superior to Mary were judged by their clubs to be not NRL standard. Go figure.

71saintsimon

Juniors
And I should add that the only two teams to beat us both times in 2017 were the Bulldogs and Souths and we know what happened to messrs Hasler and Maguire- they were sacked. In other words, coaches who can lay claim to being consistently superior to Mary were judged by their clubs to be not NRL standard. Go figure.
It's outrageous when you think des Hasler , Micheal McGuire are available both premiership winning coaches out of work while this corrupt board at the dragons stil won't addres the poor coaching this club has had to endure since Wayne Bennett left the place