What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGregor extension

possm

Coach
I remain in hope that Doust will sack Mary prior to Johnston being appointed CEO however, normorly the new CEO would have already indicated his feelings on this matter and so may be called on to sack Mary first week in November.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It's outrageous when you think des Hasler , Micheal McGuire are available both premiership winning coaches out of work while this corrupt board at the dragons stil won't addres the poor coaching this club has had to endure since Wayne Bennett left the place

I’d use a much stronger word than “outrageous”.

Gareth67

First Grade
Open letter to the gentlemen who are thinking of extending Paul McGregors contract - yet again . You are all in dire need of good professional assistance Use what little brains the good Lord gave you and wait - wait until the end of his current contract before even considering the idea - for the peace of mind of all sane Dragon supporters.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I remain in hope that Doust will sack Mary prior to Johnston being appointed CEO however, normorly the new CEO would have already indicated his feelings on this matter and so may be called on to sack Mary first week in November.

If there truly is a Santa Claus, possm.............. the stars will align, however, l'm not holding my breath on this one. I've been oxygen starved for the past month!

With his polished melon, think we need to call him The Teflon One ............. nothing sticks!
Bad results ............ wash off.
Disgruntled fans ....blows them away.
Proven poor history ..... just keeps bouncing off him.

melon001.jpg

Wittenberg

Juniors
Few, if any, on this forum argue the case to keep Mary. I think he should go but he won’t. My guess a two year extension. Yeah these anti Mary posts help us vent our frustrations but they are a waste of time. He won’t be going, he will get an extension and our frustration will continue.

BLM01

First Grade
Few, if any, on this forum argue the case to keep Mary. I think he should go but he won’t. My guess a two year extension. Yeah these anti Mary posts help us vent our frustrations but they are a waste of time. He won’t be going, he will get an extension and our frustration will continue.
funny about that, why do we do it to ourselves. Maybe as a Red V member 1 day i will get voting rights at a AGM or something where i can vent my frustration legally out loud in a controlled environment

blacksafake

First Grade
Should he get an extension it will only reinforce most people's opinion that the club is poorly run & not interested in success.How can a coach be in charge of the same side for the length of time that L plate would be if extended & achieve little if any success.Arthur at the eels is the only other coach who has been in charge for an extended period will no success.Are we heading down the same path as the eels. All other NRL clubs move their coaches on within 4 years if they have no success or show no signs of improvement, not to mention having trouble convincing players to sign under their current coaches.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why extend when nobody is after him. Seriously. It's not as if he is a coach in demand. He has 1 full year to go so let him prove himself as he has shown he can coach but not one that can get Saints a premiership. If Madge, Green and Robinson can win a comp in their early years, no reason why anyone else can't. They had decent squads but so did Mary in 2018. 2015-17 were re-builds so we keep hearing so 2 years with a solid roster should be more than enough to prove yourself.