What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McKinnon our long term fullback

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Wade McKinnon has been nothing short of brilliant for us this year. He was outstanding again tonight and is consistently one of our best. He is a courageous, tough bloke who gives his all every game. He was touted as a future rep player when he left in 2001, struggled at Souths but looks back to his best.

He should be signed long term.

Aussiehurrikane

Juniors
Wade has done a fantastic job for us this year, he has been one of our best in the last few weeks, he plays with a lot of heart, hopefully they'll see sense and sign him up to a long term contract

Eels Dude

Coach
I think a lot of us were critical when we signed him this year. Even early this year when he wasn't playing first grade he was labled 'dead wood'. He's been going great guns for us in first grade though, aint it grand our two best buys were original Parra boys. I think this should be remembered whether we decide to buy players or retain our juniors, the passion is back for Wade and Eric.

HAVEFAITHBOYS

Juniors
ill put my hand up and say when we played the sharks i gave wade a serve saying he wasnt that good...

just finished eating my humble pie.. and would like to apologise to wade..

great game man... u and grothe are going to be spear heading this team for many yrs to come..

nöyd

Staff member
Wade McKinnon is impervious (great word) to pain. He gets absolutely pizzled week in and week out and still he goes hard whether it's the 1st minute or the 80th...

If Witt is the Iceman then Wade is the Ironman 8)

AlexTheEel

Juniors
HAVEFAITHBOYS said:
ill put my hand up and say when we played the sharks i gave wade a serve saying he wasnt that good...

just finished eating my humble pie.. and would like to apologise to wade..

great game man... u and grothe are going to be spear heading this team for many yrs to come..

Very good of you mate. Some people have trouble admitting their mistakes but credit to you for doing this.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
After the Dragons game I didnt want to boo, I wanted to jump the fence and shake hands with Wade McKinnon, because in the last few weeks he's been outstanding.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Wade McKinnon is impervious (great word) to pain. He gets absolutely pizzled week in and week out and still he goes hard whether it's the 1st minute or the 80th...

I know another player exactly like that. ;-)

I'll admit I laughed when I heard Parra signed McKinnon but he has been brilliant so far this season.

half

Coach
mckinnon is the hot stuff

he must've listened to tony robbins, watched both steve prefontaine movies and had his weeties before turning up to parra this year

Suitman

Post Whore
AlexTheEel said:
Wade McKinnon has been nothing short of brilliant for us this year. He was outstanding again tonight and is consistently one of our best. He is a courageous, tough bloke who gives his all every game. He was touted as a future rep player when he left in 2001, struggled at Souths but looks back to his best.

He should be signed long term.

I hope you are right Alex.

There are no arguments here about his consistency, courage and toughness.

He should be given at least a couple more years.

You don't EVER sign anyone long term (unless it is a Johns, Lockyer or Lewis etc.....)

Suity