What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McKinnon our long term fullback

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wade has made the number 1 position his own bar none.
I think Eric Grothe jnr has made one wing position his.
If we can get the same group of guys playing together consistantly then other positions will be owned the same way, then we will be very dangerous. I believe Vella is on his way, Hindy is there.

Hopefully in coming weeks Langi, Dykes, Witt, Cannings and others can do the same.

The Godfather

Juniors
So good to see the love...but does the coach that decided to release an expensive, injury-prone, weak tackling fullback and sign up a relatively unknown reserve grader get any credit ?

fish eel

Immortal
but does the coach that decided to release an expensive, injury-prone, weak tackling fullback and sign up a relatively unknown reserve grader get any credit ?

your kidding aren't you???

Misty Bee

First Grade
That weak tackling fullback is killing it at Wests, just like Wade is doing here. If Wade DIDN'T step up, we'd all be lamenting missing Hodgeson.

yy_cheng

Coach
THe only good thing about getting rid of mckinnon was that we no longer have to read JJ's rants !!!!! ;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
I think you will find a mixed answer.

I personally think that he is a fantastic player.

Great in Defense, safe under the bomb or grubber, Great Support, Great bring the ball back and can beat players one on one.

Yes, he would have the odd brain explosion like making a break and then running away from his support but hey, at least back then we wer 50-60m down the track after his break. Now, we a tackled deep in our quarter line.

When Parra was poor before '05, Wade would shine in attack and defense and gave his all. Like Hindy. When Wade had the brain explosions or lost some form, people criticized him but not hindy.

I guess, we had Fullbacks to cover his position and with the salary cap, it was the right?? decision to let him go.

Latest posts