What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McKinnon our long term fullback

Eelectrica

Referee
McKinnon has earnt a contract extension. Hope he get's it so we can once again have the fullback position "Locked down" for a hopefully a couple more years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Another amazing performance by a bloke who wasn't even setting the world allight in Premier league only 5 weeks ago.

CrazyEel

Bench
Must admit I didn't think much of McKinnon but can't fault the guy over the last 5 weeks.

Suitman

Post Whore
Mackinnon is one guy I was sorry we let go, and was glad we got back.

I wouldn't say he is a Hornby, or Wesser, or a Bowen, but he is doing the job, and that is the first bloke that has done that for us on a regular basis since Hodgson in 2001.

Suity

Parraren

Bench
I'll eat some humble pie too because I thought he was a wasted signing when it was announced last year that we got him back from Souths. He was a good player at Souths at times too but he was very inconsistent and looked a little fragile. He's obviously worked hard on his deficiencies and is playing really well now and consistently too. Well done Wade :clap:

Well done to Brian Smith too, he always resurrects someones career every year :clap:

redeel

Juniors
the guy shows plenty of emotion, in those games we lost at home he seemed really pissed off ala hindy, unlike dyke who was seen sniggering and laughing as he came off the field agais-=nst saints, a real heart player. i hope he can get plenty of confidence and start running through holes, as hodgo did a few yrs back keep it up macca job well done :clap:

Utey

Coach
Mckinnon left parra very undone is 2001 but his form has shone. I was veyr critical nospam46 ee what he did in premier league and he only impressed me. The team started their losing streak when burt was moved around from fullback to centre/wing but Mckinnon is an answer as Parramattas long term fullback. :) :D :)

fridge

i love it !! when a player goes on a break by himself, i trust that mckinnon will clean him up. i never had that same confidence when burt/hodgson were our fullbacks.

he plays like schifofske (is that how u spell it) but is so young i'm sure he'll improve.

Suitman said:
You don't EVER sign anyone long term (unless it is a Johns, Lockyer or Lewis etc.....)

Suity

Geez mate...that's 2 queenslanders in the three players you mentioned there. Good to see you know where it is at!!! ;-)

Wade reminds me of Tim Brasher a bit....not the same running style but I like a fullback that has a crack at the defensive line with a bit of gusto.

A great game by him...well done Wade.

The Colonel

Immortal
One good thing about Wade is that he is never going to die wondering about what if's.

I was unsure about his return. I was under the impression as many were that he was here for that dreaded word called "depth". I'm glad to say the Bunny Boy proved us wrong.

He attacks the ball at the back and returns the ball like no one is in front of him. He puts his body on the line in defence and follows the ball like he owns it. Starting to remind me of a bloke I used to like watching play in the number 1 jersey..... ;-)

Misty Bee

First Grade
Wade is sensational. He's positive, and has really been the bloke who has provided the impetus for our revival (if a decent 5 minutes in 6 games can be called that)!

It's absolutely imperative we sack Brian Smith before he gets in Macca's ear and makes him a nothing player like so many others!

strider

Post Whore
Oh yeah good call....if not for Brian Smith, Wade would probably be playing PL for Souths.

Avenger

Immortal
Misty Bee said:
Wade is sensational. He's positive, and has really been the bloke who has provided the impetus for our revival (if a decent 5 minutes in 6 games can be called that)!

It's absolutely imperative we sack Brian Smith before he gets in Macca's ear and makes him a nothing player like so many others!

Strider is right. A ridiculous comment Misty.

Eels Dude

Coach
strider said:
Oh yeah good call....if not for Brian Smith, Wade would probably be playing PL for Souths.

he wouldn't even be in premier league, he'd probably be playing in the jim beam cup somwhere.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Wade has been playing great since coming into FG. I waited a couple of rounds and he was consistenly performing. During the Saints match, I knew that this was a player that I have a lot of respect for and decided to change my avatar (since the blue and gold flame is now part of my sig) for the first time since joining these forums last year. Wade has not disappointed in the 2 matches since then, and as everyone else has stated in this thread, he doesn't look like disappointing any time soon.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I better grab a piece of that humble pie myself. I thought it was a crazy decision to bring him back.

Mc Kinnon is playing great footy and he has the passion others have been lacking.