What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mckinnon requests permission to negotiate with other clubs : DT

Bigfella

Coach
The club may have some issues, but a dispute with a player over whether he has a two or three year contract, in a position in which we have ample depth, is hardly the most pressing of them...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
The club may have some issues, but a dispute with a player over whether he has a two or three year contract, in a position in which we have ample depth, is hardly the most pressing of them...

I agree, Wade's a good honest first grader in his mid 20's...he's definitely not worth a three year term.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, it doesn't read like he definitely wants out, he just wants 3 years when the club will only give him 2.

Only your top stars should get 3 years I reckon, rep level players. We've signed kids on 4 year deals before and been burnt. Let Wade test the market, and if he can find the 3 years he seems to want then good luck to him.

bradeel

Juniors
My God!! What a bloody beat-up. Like, could the Tele-crap work any harder at trying to kick a club when its down?? Club offers player 2 year deal. Player wants 3 Year deal. I am no player manager but is this not a totally standard negotiation issue in this whole business???

To suggest that as a result of this impasse Wade McKinnon hates Parra and Parra hates Wade McKinnon is idiotic.

All of that being said, if he goes then so be it, Joel Reddy is a more than adequate replacement as most of you have acknowledged.

dazeely

First Grade
eelavation said:
cya Wade!!

Hello Joel and Jarryd.

little harsh eela. then again you are lucky enough to see the youngsters coming through week in week out. i suppose you would have a pretty good idea on their talent.

dazeely

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
You guys are nuts...seriously.

Wade made 3 line breaks on the weekend and I think nearly 200 metres...

and your saying he played bad...

I agree Reddy is your future but seriously...Wade isn't as bad as some of you are making out.

I agree. Says alot about our year when he has been one of our best.

Hurriflatch

Referee
McKinnon isn't bas I've at least never said that but I do beleive both Hayne and Reddy are better options.

that doesn't automatically mean that McKinnon is a bad player.

Hindmarsh is a better player then Waterhouse but that doesn't make Waterhouse a bad player

Bigfella

Coach
Hopefully one change in the new era will be an end to longer contracts?

Of the people I can think of who we have signed to 3 plus year deals since 2001 the only one who has performed at the top level has been Hindy (he can have a lifer)

Sterling

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
You guys are nuts...seriously.

Wade made 3 line breaks on the weekend and I think nearly 200 metres...

and your saying he played bad...

I agree Reddy is your future but seriously...Wade isn't as bad as some of you are making out.

i agree ... without wade our line breaks would be a big fat 0 !!

wade is in better form than joel is in premmies ... what does that say about joel coming up to firsts? .. hes no where near wade .....

eels to lose another good fullback ....

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think Morris is a must re-signing.

Wade...If he wants to go, give him the boot and promote Reddy ASAP IMO.

booeycollector

Juniors
Twizzle said:
Brian Smith said in his interview last night, "tough decisions had to be made about certain players futures"

Some people cant make up thier mind about Wade, he's been one of our best players yet some are hapy to see him go.

Agree Twiz

lucablight

First Grade
Eelementary said:
I think Morris is a must re-signing.

Wade...If he wants to go, give him the boot and promote Reddy ASAP IMO.

Why is Morris a must re-signing? Marsh and Riddell (when in form) are better Hookers and if Lyon comes he would probably be a better five eighth because he's an infinitely better ball runner if nothing else.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, I said "I think", because he's a very good player in my opinion.

I believe he played very well against Canterbury, handling aside.

Latest posts