What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MEDIA STATEMENT - Official site

yy_cheng

Coach
I was thinking exactly that Bartman. If Taylor or D Anderson doesn't get it, I'd rather Hindy & Caylo become co-captain/coach.

bartman said:
If they are officially saying the want the new coach involved in retention recruitment of players from when an announcement is made in February, that would make it hard for someone coaching an existing team in the same competition to do that impartially, unless they quit early.

So to me this announcement boosts JT's chances or maybe Daniel Anderson doing it from across the globe?

Good Point, so lets see who that takes out of the List of 12

1 JT
2 Sharpie
3 Rocket
4 Noble
5 Chris Anderson
6 Daniel " "
7 Shane Flanagon
8 Dean Lance
9 Ian Millward
10 Brett Kenny
11 Michael Hagon
12 Tim Sheens

So Cross off 12 and 11.

Cross off 10 because of what Fitzy Said on the BSB.

Promotes 1, 2, 3 possibly 4, 6, and 5.

Does it promote anyone else ?

Utey

Coach
It would be intresting to see what the players think and who they would really prefer.

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Also isn't Flanno out of a Job at the roosters because of Newtown ??

Cartwright is moving to the Gold Coast to start overseeing his side and I believe Flanno is moving into the assistant role with Ricky....

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Good Point, so lets see who that takes out of the List of 12

1 JT
2 Sharpie
3 Rocket
4 Noble
5 Chris Anderson
6 Daniel " "
7 Shane Flanagon
8 Dean Lance
9 Ian Millward
10 Brett Kenny
11 Michael Hagon
12 Tim Sheens

So Cross off 12 and 11.

Cross off 10 because of what Fitzy Said on the BSB.

Promotes 1, 2, 3 possibly 4, 6, and 5.

Does it promote anyone else ?

It would count out Anderson, Noble and Millward as all three still have head coach roles in England.

So Out so far are 12,11, 10, 9, 6 , 4

1,2,3,5 are strong.

7 is old school eels, but if what colonel says is true. Might not move because of recent promotion.

Who is 8 I have heard the name . . .

The Colonel

Immortal
Dean Lance - has been assistant coach with a few clubs - in Melbourne at the moment I think. Waqs the captain of Canberra when they made their first GF. Tough as old boots second rower. great fronty on defender.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
It would count out Anderson, Noble and Millward as all three still have head coach roles in England.

So did Brian Smith when we signed him.
He negotiated an early release.

Suity

PB

Bench
The Colonel said:
Dean Lance - has been assistant coach with a few clubs - in Melbourne at the moment I think. Waqs the captain of Canberra when they made their first GF. Tough as old boots second rower. great fronty on defender.

I thought Dean Lance had joined up with Wayne Bennett and the Broncos.:?

bartman

Immortal
I think the three coaches currently with English clubs could be appointed a year in advance and it not be seens as the same conflict of interest or need to pick one job over another as it would be if they were coaching in the same competition against Parra?

Actually, remember how Smithy came on that short trip over here and visited some Superleague clubs in early October? ;-) Wonder if he visited his brother in a personal or professional capacity :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Of course Smithy could have been visiting England as part of starting to sort out his own future given the timing. Club allowed him opportunity to do so before taking the decision at Board level, hence he's lack of apparent displeasure at the news of his non-renewal?

Silly me now automatically starting to assume that visit was scouting work for his Eels successor, when it might have actually been the opposite... Clubs I remember reports of him visiting (sorry no links) were London (Tony Rea), Leeds (his brother), Bradford (virtually next door to Leeds) - not sure if he got to St Helens or Wigan?

number8

Juniors
I'm pretty sure Dean Lance had the Western Reds for a bit (97) & took over at the Adelaide Rams after Rocket Reddy finished up!

The Colonel

Immortal
number8 said:
I'm pretty sure Dean Lance had the Western Reds for a bit (97) & took over at the Adelaide Rams after Rocket Reddy finished up!

Coaching career
Reserve Grade Coach under Tim Sheens 92 - 95
Assistant Coach 1996
Perth Reds (Super League) Coach 1997
Adelaide Rams (NRL) Coach 1998
Leeds (English Super League) Coach 2000 - 2001
Canberra Raiders QLD Development Manager 2002

number8

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Coaching career
Reserve Grade Coach under Tim Sheens 92 - 95