What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Vs Knights

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
What matter's is Tinkler's gaining support from people with community respect. From what I gather he is not the only one.

It's why I started this thread mate. Tinkler is going about this the wrong way. Using the media to put pressure on the club is stupid. Using people like Johns to make the community vote for him ignorant. He is trying to make people vote on something that they have no idea what they are voting for. Sadly not a bad tactic as more often not people believe what they are told. It's why we are still scratching our heads. All the media has said on the matter is ..

KNIGHTS

100 MILLION

JOHNS BOYS LOVE TINKLER

KNIGHTS IN DEPT.

What do you think people's reaction will be?

Rusty

Juniors
It's why I started this thread mate. Tinkler is going about this the wrong way. Using the media to put pressure on the club is stupid. Using people like Johns to make the community vote for him ignorant. He is trying to make people vote on something that they have no idea what they are voting for. Sadly not a bad tactic as more often not people believe what they are told. It's why we are still scratching our heads. All the media has said on the matter is ..

KNIGHTS

100 MILLION

JOHNS BOYS LOVE TINKLER

KNIGHTS IN DEPT.

What do you think people's reaction will be?

Tinkler is not making people say anything. They are speaking against the club out of there own accord.

Big Tim

First Grade
Mate, the general idea people have about this deal is that the Knights tried to stop a deal where they would received either
a) a cheque for 100mil
b) a cheque per year for 10mil over 10 years

Where did they get that idea?

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
This article was behind this thread.

THIS is the kid Nathan Tinkler couldn't save.
Boyd Cordner, 18, is one of the hottest footballing talents to come out of Newcastle in years.
And guess what - he plays for the Sydney Roosters. As one good judge pointed out yesterday: "If not for injury, Boyd probably would have captain-coached the Australian Schoolboys for the last two years."
But on Saturday night Boyd's father Chris will travel down from his home at Forster to watch his young bloke make his return in Toyota Cup after 18 months out injured.
This is about when Newcastle fans should start feeling angry. Because in no way is it meant to be a criticism of the kid - or the Roosters' proactive recruitment. Rather, it is the sad reality of life at the Knights - when they simply don't have the money to match rival offers.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Perhaps it's another reason why Newcastle could do worse than at least listen to the offer Tinkler wants to put forward to club members.
Some say the Knights can live without Tinkler's money - then get used to life without gun kids like this.
Cordner recalled he was 15 and playing under-18s for NSW when the Roosters first spotted him.
"[Roosters recruitment guru] Peter O'Sullivan spoke to me first and it sort of went from there," Cordner said.
For O'Sullivan, it was kind of like spotting the moon on a black night.
Everyone knew who Cordner was - but the Roosters gave him an opportunity. The kind that makes bank managers smile.
So Cordner took that opportunity and moved to Bondi.
And here we are today.
This is the reason why talent identification is not a fair fight.
It doesn't go on the cap. But it sure makes a difference. And most often it doesn't come down to who spots who first but rather who carries the biggest stick.
Which is perhaps another factor in Tinkler's true value to the Knights.
Or should that be lost value now?
When Cordner was 16 and training with first grade at the Roosters guys like Craig Fitzgibbon and Willie Mason were already saying he was going to be something special. Then injury almost swallowed up his talent.
He broke his jaw and had two knee operations.
For 18 months he's been out injured.
On Saturday night, he returns.
And don't blame the Roosters for giving him a chance and being patient.
That's what winners do.
But Knights fans have every reason to question why it ended this way.
This whole thing isn't just about lost Newcastle first-graders who have gone to other clubs.
It's also about the kids who disappeared along the way.
Kids like Boyd Cordner.
A kid Nathan Tinkler might have saved - if only he had the chance to do it

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/knight-that-got-away/story-e6frexni-1226010409979

It gives nothing further on Tinkler's deal yet a suggestion that these things wont happen if he was in charge. Just a suttle way of pis*ing on the club.

Serc

First Grade
I clicked on that article too this morning, thinking it could be a useful addition to the forum...but no, just another piece of the media campaign.

Tinkler is not making people say anything. They are speaking against the club out of there own accord.

At the very least, Tinkler and co are being very smart and giving the media some key quotes and making moves at certain times in order to assist their (and his) agenda. Of course people are entitled to their own opinions, but the media knows that the have the power to control what a significant percentage of the general public thinks...and any advantage that can be gained in a duel such as this is an advantage worth using!

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
There was 2 more on top of that. The other one was about how Tinkler is picking up the legal bill for the entire negotiation process, and thats why he pulled out. I just feel someone who is going to take over the club shouldn't be pulling this crap

Last edited:

Matt23

Staff member
I wonder long it will be before a little girl with crayons writes a letter to the papers#-o

Jobdog

Live Update Team
"Burraston and Tew are ruining my club" - Sarah, five-year-old from Blackalls Park.

:sarcasm:

perverse

Referee
ahhh little Sarah Matterson... her heart must be crushed right now. get Rothfield or Beccie on it, quickly.

macavity

Referee
well you read bullshyt.

Burraston isn't on the board, and took a paycut to take the Knights job.

Please, don't start with this sort of crap.

TooheysNew

Coach
Wheres Chief in all this..he was on the board.And i read that byrreston is paid handsomely to be on the board ..hmmmmmmmmmmm
Did you read that on the Knights' facebook page by any chance?

RHCP

Bench
Sadly this isn't the stupidest thing the Telegraph has ever done.

It's getting close though.

Latest posts