What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Watch to do a job on ACA/4 Corners Tonight...True?

Interesting they only chose to take on the reporters that didnt agree with the original 4 corners report.

That was a very poor piece by media watch.

Not one criticism of any journalist that supported the 4 corners story.

badav

Bench
It did sound far fetched to expect media watch to do a job on 4 corners and it certainly was. All they did was on a job on Channel 9 and Danny Wiedler.

sportive cupid

Referee
I was told to watch it tonight because they were going to do a story ripping into ACA and 4 Corners, but their website has no details on tonight's episode. Does anyone watch the ABC during the week to confirm if this is the case?

I will get in early and say I am not 100% sure if they are as I don't watch ABC at all, but tune in anyway just in case they do, I guess.

I hope they do rip the sh*t out of both programs.
I wouldnt be too worried about trying to find the ABC if I were you-:lol:

Haha! Most of the boys in here will be disappointed. Waiting for the attacks on Media Watch's credibility to start rolling in .......

Basically it skewered Weidler's reporting on 9 and the newspaper he writes for, backed most of what 4 Corners said, and agreed with what Gould said on the Footy Show.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looked like a Weidler-bashing exercise to me, they made every attempt to defend the poorly-researched 4C program and absolutely none to address the issues of credibility the program had questioned.

ibeme

First Grade
At the start, they explained that there are two sides, the legal, and the moral. Then they decided that they'd take the moral side. It's hardly a revelation that Weidler is a hack.

macavity

Referee
what a joke.

apparently our "media watch dog" only watches the shows that demonstrate the bias in ABC shows.

my mrs is writing to them as we speak.

absolute hatchet job.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What, ABC News when a reader says poo instead of prove? Please.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They asked AFL reporter Caroline Wilson for an opinion for FFS, couldn't believe Chewbecca idn't get a run :roll:

Downie

Guest Moderator
That bloke presenting it seemed such an arrogant wanker as well.

Oooh, look at me, I host Media Watch. f**k off.

Media watch do often attack ABC programs.

Very true.

Tonight they did nothing more than take sides in the morality debate. Which is not the charter of the show.

They are there to report on the reporters. So what did they do with last weeks biggest story ? they only criticised the reporters on one side of the debate.

that was a very poor show tonight from Holmes.