What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup Winner 2015

chigurh

The worst thing is my brother and sister put $20 on that horse EW and they won more than I did...

I'm winning more at Ascot for crying out loud!

Well at least you are winning!

I do not think I have ever been up after a Cup day. It's just a black hole, albeit an incredibly entertaining one haha

Im not bitter about it. I have no reason to be bitter about it. A horse winning a horse race is about as legitimate as a WWE wrestler winning a fight.

no name

Coach
I'm not bitter about it, but I'm going to keep going on about it.
If you don't like it, don't put your money on it.
I think everyone knows that the horse racing industry isn't the most trustworthy industry.
Everyone knows what they are getting into.
There is no reason to bring the sex of the jockey and the fact that her brother has Downs Syndrome into the conversation.

I'm not bitter about it, but I'm going to keep going on about it.
If you don't like it, don't put your money on it.
I think everyone knows that the horse racing industry isn't the most trustworthy industry.
Everyone knows what they are getting into.
There is no reason to bring the sex of the jockey and the fact that her brother has Downs Syndrome into the conversation.

Why not? The sex of the jockey has been a major talking point since that horse crossed the finish line, No female has ever won the cup, therefore it would seem unlikely that a female would win a cup. And having a strapper who has Down syndrome makes it even more unlikely. If you take offense to this then you need to get out more.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well at least you are winning!

I do not think I have ever been up after a Cup day. It's just a black hole, albeit an incredibly entertaining one haha

Let's not go that far I'm still well down today! I'm recouping my losses and have ended $150 down so it isn't awful at least

Exsilium

First Grade
And having a strapper who has Down syndrome makes it even more unlikely. If you take offense to this then you need to get out more.

Geez mate, tough line.

The horse ran a good race, she timed the run perfectly and the horse gave her the plenty on its own accord between the 200 and 100m mark.

Great race to be honest

no name

Coach
Why not? The sex of the jockey has been a major talking point since that horse crossed the finish line, No female has ever won the cup, therefore it would seem unlikely that a female would win a cup. And having a strapper who has Down syndrome makes it even more unlikely. If you take offense to this then you need to get out more.

Oh noes, there is no way a female jockey and a horse strapped by her Down's syndrome brother could ever possibly win the Melbourne Cup without it being set up by the entire racing industry. :oops:
And I'm the one who needs to get out more???

Looks like Frankie was the one who got the holiday, was it just me who thought Schofield instigated the kerfuffle, or was I looking in the wrong spot????

chigurh

Yep, cannot argue with that logic.

You are obviously a man that gets out a lot.

Yep, cannot argue with that logic.

You are obviously a man that gets out a lot.

Oh please, spare me your feminist nonsense. History is the greatest indicator we have for making some sort of prediction. History shows that no female has ever ridden a cup winner, making this win even more against the odds.

It seems we are all a bit precious in here.

Oh noes, there is no way a female jockey and a horse strapped by her Down's syndrome brother could ever possibly win the Melbourne Cup without it being set up by the entire racing industry. :oops:
And I'm the one who needs to get out more???

Looks like Frankie was the one who got the holiday, was it just me who thought Schofield instigated the kerfuffle, or was I looking in the wrong spot????

Where did I say that there was no way this could happen?

Someone

Bench
Oh please, spare me your feminist nonsense. History is the greatest indicator we have for making some sort of prediction. History shows that no female has ever ridden a cup winner, making this win even more against the odds.

It seems we are all a bit precious in here.

so when Cronulla win the NRL competition it will be proof of corruption.

that's understandable, couldn't possibly happen without outside interferences. it I just physically and historically impossible.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Just double checking because I'm much more drunk then I was at 3pm, but surely the Prince of Penzance didn't just win the Melbourne Cup?

It seems like some type of kinky dream, hopefully Michelle Payne gets her kit off in it though,

lockyno1

Post Whore
Detorri fined $20k and handed a one month ban

Merkin got off lightly as far as I'm concerned

I know there are not provisions for disqualification but surely this could be one. Completely wrecked the whole race!