What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup

Macca_

Coach
In my opinion the winner of the Cup did not go around on Saturday.

Geez there's some donkeys about this year!

NK Arsenal

Juniors
stuke said:
i think you are a little confused....you have picked them from order of entry...not the barrier draw that you wanted earlier.

You're correct sir, my mistake. :lol:

4. On a Jeune - Win $21, Place $6
7. Maybe Better - Win $18, Place $5
11. The Fuzz - Win $26, Place $7

Odds: Centrebet

Its easy to work out guys, you just multiply the number of possible horses per place. Example -

If you box six horses, then you have six possible first place getters. One of those has to run first so then you have only five possible place getters for second, which means you have only four possible third place getters. Multiply that out -

((6 x 5) = 30 x 4) = $120

If you box 11 horses

((11 x 10) = 110 x 9) = $990

Therefore if you were to box 11 horses for $11 you would get only 1.1% of the end dividend. Pretty poor return really! (In NSW you can pick your maximum spend on Trifecta's and then the system automatically works out your percentage return)

My tip is to box 5 or 6 horses for $20 if you are just a once a year punter. Then you have a fair chance of getting the Trifecta.

My other tip is to have a Trifecta syndicate at work. Charge everyone $10 each to go in. If you get 12 people to go in, you can box 6 horses for $120 (100% return) then you just get each of those 12 people to pick a horse. You will find that some will double up so out of 12 possible selections you will probably end up with say, 7 or 8 horses picked. The ones that have been picked more than twice automatically go into the trifecta and then you just put the couple remaining into a hat and select as many as you need to fill the remaining places in the Trifecta.

Foz

Bench
Before the horses get weight allocated to them I think Efficient and Princess Coup are the 2 best horses in the field.Zipping looks the best weighted though and you cant rule out Master O'Reilly, Mahler,Purple Moon and about 10 others.
Get the kids to pick one out and have a real bet on the other races (I think Nolen can get a winner tomorrow-Cup ride wasnt the only reason he wanted to get out of that suspension by one day).

Freak2

Juniors
Macca_ said:
In my opinion the winner of the Cup did not go around on Saturday.

Geez there's some donkeys about this year!

I think your right Macca!!

Master O'Rielly has had the perfect preperation and the penalty for wining the Caulfied Cup is minimal when still carrying 53.5KGS.

I like horses that have not run the great race previously.

I also like Jockey's that have not won the race previously. Not too many multiple Melb Cup jocks in the last 20 years. Darren Beadman, Damien Oliver, Glen Boss the only 3 I recall.

Can a horse by O'reilly win a MC??

I guess that is the big question

On A Juene the hole is my other tip! Want at least $10 the place though.

Macca_

Coach
chiana said:
Dolphin Jo and Sculptor because they have the best jockeys.
I thought Lisa Cropp wouldn't have been let back into the country after her ride on Miss Finland in the Cox Plate last year! :crazy:

Macca_

Coach
Freak2 said:

Master O'Rielly has had the perfect preperation and the penalty for wining the Caulfied Cup is minimal when still carrying 53.5KGS.
Probably will be my quinella, the 2 best runs in the Caulfield Cup (MO and Purple Moon).

Already on PM at fixed, got 30/1 the double with Kibbutz. PM meets MO 3kg's better from the CC and PM ran into a wall about 3743 times with that ride from McEvoy who had him 257 wide the whole race!

If Olly can get this pommy a decent spot in running, I think he'll winning...

chili pepper

Bench
Freak2 said:

I like horses that have not run the great race previously.

I also like Jockey's that have not won the race previously. Not too many multiple Melb Cup jocks in the last 20 years. Darren Beadman, Damien Oliver, Glen Boss the only 3 I recall.

Can a horse by O'reilly win a MC??

I guess that is the big question

On A Juene the hole is my other tip! Want at least $10 the place though.

J Cassidy has won at least twice too

Funy you tip On a Juene - even though his jockey has won previously and he's lining up for his 4th Cup. Kinda goes against your ow rules haha

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did anyone see the farce on Today tonight???? Phar lap and Carbine would have run nearly last in the virtual race. The diva is the most overated horse in Australia's history

hineyrulz said:
Did anyone see the farce on Today tonight???? Phar lap and Carbine would have run nearly last in the virtual race. The diva is the most overated horse in Australia's history

its today/tonight, what do you expect? listen to 2ky from 7am tomorrow for some real coverage, not media geniuss throwing in their s**tty 2c worth

_Johnsy said:
Moffo

How can you box 11 horses for $11, is it for a 1/2 (50c) ?

Found this, this morning on Sydney Turf Club website.
http://www.theraces.com.au/racing/punters_guide/betting_information/trifecta.html
# OF HORSES BOXED - COMBINATIONS - COST (FOR $1 UNIT)
3 - 6 - $6
4 - 24 - $24
5 - 60 - $60
6 - 120 - $120
7 - 210 - $210

seeing as though moffo doesn't appear to be around ill answer for him

you can put as little or as much as you want, all it does is play with the percentage.

ive boxed 5 to win
into 11 for 2nd
into 11 for 3rd

id have to fork out something like $550 to get the full div. for my $100 i get about 20%

you can box all 24 if you want! it'll pay f**k all though unless you're willing to tip in thousnads of dollars