What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

Butters

Bench
I mean how else could they be coming 1st on the ladder?

It's almost as if the amount players are paid has absolutely no effect on how they perform on the field, and that Melbourne's dominance from 06-09 was a result of a team with a superior culture and greater dedication to their jobs than the rest of the teams in the comp.

So now on behalf of the Melbourne Storm i'll be accepting apologies from those of you who wrongfully discredited Melbourne's achievements of 06-09 due to their "cheating". :cool:

Oh and please note that this is a "troll free" thread so please try to keep the discourse in this thread civil. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

boxhead

First Grade
It shows that they have a bloody good coach and the best spine of any club side in the world. That doesn't excuse the fact that they cheated the salary cap to win premierships.

Stormerz

Juniors
I don't have much doubt that the Storm would have had similar success had they not overpaid their players (or released more players) but cheating is cheating I guess.

Loudstrat

Coach
So the first troll sets up a troll free thread.

If payments had no effect, why did they have to pay over the cap in the first place?

MacDougall

First Grade
Well actually I think that their years of cheating allowed them to BUILD the side they currently have so technically they should be entering the competition for at least that many years with even MORE than a financial penalty. I think they really should be at a disadvantage salary cap wise but eh. They defend unbelievably. Hats off.

LESStar58

Referee
I mean how else could they be coming 1st on the ladder?

It's almost as if the amount players are paid has absolutely no effect on how they perform on the field, and that Melbourne's dominance from 06-09 was a result of a team with a superior culture and greater dedication to their jobs than the rest of the teams in the comp.

So now on behalf of the Melbourne Storm i'll be accepting apologies from those of you who wrongfully discredited Melbourne's achievements of 06-09 due to their "cheating". :cool:

Oh and please note that this is a "troll free" thread so please try to keep the discourse in this thread civil. :)

You have nailed it in the second paragraph. It's the reason we are first but unfortunately the bloke who was alleged to have the best interests of the club at heart f**ked us and the premierships officially count for nothing now. Not that it won't be all the more sweet when we win the comp in 2011.

ceagle

Bench
I still think they are no where near the team they were in 2007-2009, none of their wins have been as strong as they use to.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
They obviously didn't have to if they're still coming first with a team within the salary cap.

I believe that's what Loudstrat was saying.

So why did they feel the need to sysetmatically rort the cap?

Melbourne will get no such apology from me.

Butters

Bench
I believe that's what Loudstrat was saying.

So why did they feel the need to sysetmatically rort the cap?

Melbourne will get no such apology from me.

The supposed cap rorting has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about Melbourne's achievements of 06-09 and how the players salaries are irrelevant to what was achieved in those years, as proven by Melbourne still coming first after having the squad completely gutted by the corrupt NRL.

Now either piss off or apologise troll.

Wato

Juniors
Manly are that far ahead of the Storm its not funny as are the Dragons at full strength. 2011 Melbourne is so similar to 2008 Cronulla. Melbourne have yet to be tested and struggled to beat an under strength Brisbane side a few weeks ago. Good teams will shut down Cronk and Smith and therefore shut down the Storm.

Latest posts