What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

Butters

Bench
Yet another round and the greatest rugby league team to play the game show the rest of the comp how its done. Absolutely slaughtered by the refs with 4 players out "injured" and they still somehow find a way to come back from 18-0. :cool:

And in contrast to that St Merge and Manly continue to show the comp what pretenders they are after being run down when both teams held commanding leads. :lol:

Butters

Bench
What else is there to say?

Melbourne gave a perfect example of how to win a game with everything against you, whereas Manly and St Merge with everything in their favour showed everyone how to lose the unloseable game.

Fingerbang

Bench
Yet another round and the greatest rugby league team to play the game show the rest of the comp how its done. Absolutely slaughtered by the refs with 4 players out "injured" and they still somehow find a way to come back from 18-0. :cool:

And in contrast to that St Merge and Manly continue to show the comp what pretenders they are after being run down when both teams held commanding leads. :lol:
So, you saying....there is no need to play out the rest of the year, or the finals series? Coz you think Storm are 100% certain winning the premiership because they come from behind to beat one of the lesser teams in the comp 5 weeks before the last round of the season?

Aren't you gonna look stupid if the Storm don't win it now.....

Butters

Bench
Please point out to me where i've said that. I'm just commenting on the past round friend. :)

Fingerbang

Bench
well, calling dragons and manly pretenders is a bit of a clue that you think they will not have any chance of beating Storm for the premiership this year. So I guess you think only the other 5 teams in the top 8 are the only threat to you then? Just think it can be a bit silly writing any team off due to performances 9 weeks away from the finale.

Garts

Bench
Well done Melbourne. You just beat world beaters Parramatta, fantastic achievement. Its a real upset when the team coming first beats the team coming 2nd last. I am shocked this is how it turned out.

Butters

Bench
At the moment St Merge and Manly are pretenders yes. They've struggled against teams well below them on the ladder, thus they are pretenders in relation to their position on the ladder. That's not to say they'll be pushovers come the finals.

I haven't written any team off, i'm just commenting on their performances of the respective round. :)

Butters

Bench
Well done Melbourne. You just beat world beaters Parramatta, fantastic achievement. Its a real upset when the team coming first beats the team coming 2nd last. I am shocked this is how it turned out.

It's quite an achievement to win a game when you're resting 4 players and with the refs making up the rules as they go along to all but give the game to Parramatta.

How'd Manly go this round? :lol:

Garts

Bench
At the moment St Merge and Manly are pretenders yes. They've struggled against teams well below them on the ladder, thus they are pretenders in relation to their position on the ladder. That's not to say they'll be pushovers come the finals.

I haven't written any team off, i'm just commenting on their performances of the respective round. :)

:lol: Stick to licking windows Butters.

Butters

Bench
Are you saying St Merge and Manly haven't struggled against teams much lower than them on the ladder recently? :lol:

And don't bother bringing up Melbourne v Parra. Completely different scenarios.

Fingerbang

Bench
Are you saying St Merge and Manly haven't struggled against teams much lower than them on the ladder recently? :lol:
No, I am not. Read it again.....I said writing them off with 9 weeks to go can be a bit silly. Just have to look at this time last year to see that.

Garts

Bench
I am laughing that you type that just after the 1st placed team struggled to put away the 2nd last placed side. Pretty dumb, but it suits you well. I did not say we have not struggled, although if we or the Dragons do struggle against another team it will generally be against a team below us on the ladder. We are coming 2nd, many more teams below us than above. Funny that. Also I am under no illusions that we will win the comp this year, I would be surprised if we made the GF to be honest. However I am pretty confident we will in the 2nd last round.

Butters

Bench
If it was Melbourne's full strength team tonight you might have a point, but there were 4 players rested and the refs were doing everything they could to win it for Parra.

Hutty1986

Immortal
If it was Melbourne's full strength team tonight you might have a point, but there were 4 players rested and the refs were doing everything they could to win it for Parra.

:lol: Of course, those 4 guys were "rested" hey Butters?

Butters

Bench
4 Players all of a sudden succumbing to injury on game day despite being named a week earlier with no hint of those supposed injuries would seem to indicate they were rested.

Latest posts