What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne must still be cheating the cap

edabomb

First Grade
Actually they weren't allowed to take paycuts. The NRL prevented this to stop what happened when the dogs got done.

I meant when their current contract expires and it comes to signing their next deal. If they have earnt an extra $300,000 over the past four years than your average NRL player then they'll be able to sacrifice a much larger $$ amount to stay at the Storm and keep their strong roster in tact.

_Johnsy

Referee
Buters,

They systematically cheated the cap over a few years plain and simple. No RL fan in their right mind would ever be offering an apology.

They are currently sitting in 1st position, with one game left and are a good chance to be sitting in 2nd by tonight. They have been playing good consistent footy thus far and are reaping the benefits via their standing on the table.

It's July not October, there is a long, long way t go. IMO they do not have the team to win the comp IMO. They still have an excellent spine but are lacking in other areas.

Butters

Bench
Buters,

They systematically cheated the cap over a few years plain and simple. No RL fan in their right mind would ever be offering an apology.

They are currently sitting in 1st position, with one game left and are a good chance to be sitting in 2nd by tonight. They have been playing good consistent footy thus far and are reaping the benefits via their standing on the table.

It's July not October, there is a long, long way t go. IMO they do not have the team to win the comp IMO. They still have an excellent spine but are lacking in other areas.

Saving your apology until the end of the season then? Fair enough, i look forward to it. :)

Billythekid

First Grade
Can't you guys just move on. I don't understand why storm fans want apologies or other such nonsense. Just enjoy watching your team.

I guess this is just a troll thread so that might explain it.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Can't you guys just move on. I don't understand why storm fans want apologies or other such nonsense. Just enjoy watching your team.

I guess this is just a troll thread so that might explain it.

Butters is the only one who hasn't, his denial is hilarious :lol:

BDGS

Bench
I mean how else could they be coming 1st on the ladder?

It's almost as if the amount players are paid has absolutely no effect on how they perform on the field, and that Melbourne's dominance from 06-09 was a result of a team with a superior culture and greater dedication to their jobs than the rest of the teams in the comp.

So now on behalf of the Melbourne Storm i'll be accepting apologies from those of you who wrongfully discredited Melbourne's achievements of 06-09 due to their "cheating". :cool:

Oh and please note that this is a "troll free" thread so please try to keep the discourse in this thread civil. :)

Great thread!

GongPanther

Referee
The Storm players are "Juiced Up".

Amazing how you never hear of players (especially Storm players) getting tested.

StormChaser

First Grade
trollface-dance.gif

POPEYE

Coach
In the end it doesn't matter a tuppenny f**k. Melbourne invented the modern way of winning, they supply the nucleus of the best SOO team, everyone talks about them one way or another.

The way the team is run, coached and preserved as champions is the envy of every club. All this from a state that they were put in just to make up the numbers

Ironic that a team that was expected to do poorly by all and sundry have been the yardstick for 7 years.

We don't know how much of an effect Cam Smith has on us, but the more time goes on, the more I believe that the Storm would still be up there even if we had R.Hinchcliffe or somebody else at No.9. Who knows, maybe Matt Ballin would have come down to us.