What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm CRL Thread

Storm Update said:
Training has been comlpeted for Tuesday with all players completeing training without any misshaps.

DJ is recovering very welll and will certainly be right for this weeks game. :D

:sch:

TrainingUpdate said:
The Storm have completed their last training sesion before leaving to the Chook Pen.

The Boys trained well and the Storm are very positive of a good outcome come this weekend.

From the Storm media organisation said:
The Storm have dropped a bombshell and Dropped their leading try scorer of last year Billy Slater to PL. The Melbourne Storms Captain, Geyer Moves the the FB role.
"It was the hardest selection decision that I have even had to make." lamented UM, "Quinn's form was so great that he just had to be included in a revamped backline."
"At the start of the year when Nevcost recruited Quinn I explained to Quinn that the incumbet players deserved to have first crack at FG, but Quinn really knuckled down and now he has his chance, Much sooner that I had ever anticipated."
"Billy knows why he is back in PL and really all he has to do is get a bit of timing back into his play. He wont be in PL for long".
In other sensational news Starting Prop Ben Ross has also been dropped to PL league in an amazing 6 changes to the FG side.
"We always had in mind to rotate the bench to give the guys more game time on a bi-Weekly basis. It also rewards the guys that put in a great effortin PL by giving them game time in FG." then he added, "You never know when this FG expirience will come in handy re injuries."
"Shortland's Game really impressed me last week and Feeny deserves a Starting spot in the FG side this week." UM added thoughtfuly, "I'm looking forward to see how Jermy Smith handles the step up also. He'll only get about 20 minutes but it should be a good test. Crossman and Scotter should be dirty at missing out on playing FG last week and I am sure they'll have a great impact from the bench."
"With B Ross Myself and our defensive coach "Mr Gap" was very dissapointed with a couple of defensive lapses that resulted in tries against us so he knows what he must do to get back into the squad..... And it may not be next week either."
After these unusally cadid responses to the questions put up to him, UM hinted that the Storm would doing thier utmost to beat the Roosters in both grades tomorrow as they are the arch enemy No1 and have been since the Storm's inception in CRLIII all those years ago.

TWT.

InjuryReport said:
The Storm are very happy with this weekends game and have arrived back at OP late last night, Melbourne time.

All of the players came of the weekend unscathed and the niggleing injuries are minimal.
Dr Needles is assessing a couple of minor complaints and if there is anyt further news we will inform the supporters ASAP.

:alcho:

InjuryReport said:
It seems Bretnals Corked thigh is worse than expected and is not healing as it should.
With th short gap between games Dr Needles says that he is a 75% chance to miss this weekends game v the Roosters.
The rest of the list trained stongly today and are eager to play what we belive to be the form team of the competition StGeorge-Illa.
:alcho:

MatchReport_BrizzieNthsvNewtown said:
First game played in rnd 2 was Brizzie Norths v Newtown..

The first half was quite a dour affair and it was only the brilliance of Slater that enabled the Storm come in at half time with a 14-0 lead. The first try was an Origin type solo kick regather and touch down effort. The second from an excellent Bretnall grubber 40 meters out from the line Slater gathered side stepped the FB to score under the posts.
The second half saw the Storm step up a gear and play some aggressive RL.Friend Guided the boys around the park with authoratta and the team as a whole played very well.
It was hard to pick the standouts Slater played fantastic (he will be in FG next week) and was brought of the field to give O’niel some game time at FB, Bretnall Arbusson Friend and B Ross also were in the top bunch of a great team effort.
Overall well done to Newtown who I’m sure will be better for the hitout.
Details: Brizzie Norths 30 - Newtown 0
Tries: Slater 2, Irwin 2,Ross 1, Lalua 1, Irwin 4 goals
PL Clubman of the year Irwin 3 , Slater 2, Bartlet 1 Johnson 1, Friend 1.

Match report_StormvRoosters said:
Second game played in rnd 2 was Melbourne Storms v Sydney..

The Storm squad was well prepared and fired up for this clash. Above all other teams the Storm love beating…. No! ….. Thrashing the Roosters.
After giving away a few penalties for being over enthusiastic, resulting In a goal being kicked against us the boys settled down and ground out a 12-2 lead through great support work from Geyer (receiving a great cutout pass from Smith) and King breaking the line 25m out.
The guys showed great determination straight after the break with King engineering his double and Hoffman running onto a smart pass from Cronk.
To the Roosters credit they did not capitulate and although Smith and Cronk scored late in the game they restricted the Storm to a 30-2 win.

Details: Melbourne Storm 30 – Roosters 2
Tries: King 2, Geyer 1, Hoffman 1, Smith 1, Cronk 1:Smith 3 goals
Top 3 players King 3 , Smith 2, Feeney

pastInjuryReport said:
It seems Bretnals Corked thigh is worse than expected and is not healing as it should.
With th short gap between games Dr Needles says that he is a 75% chance to miss this weekends game v the Roosters.
The rest of the list trained stongly today and are eager to play what we belive to be the form team of the competition StGeorge-Illa.

CurrentInjuryReport said:
Melbourne Storm has welcomed the extra week to prepare fror its all important top-of-the-table clash with the Dragons.

(SOBS) Bretnals Corked thigh is slowly getting better and there is no doubt that he would of missed the game if it was played thei weekend. We are hopeful he'll come up this week.

The rest of the squad are fit and rareing to go although we are searching for ways to improve the form of our halves who are the Storms only concern at this early start of the season.

:achlo:

UndertakerMike said:
8,000 posts and I am still waiting for the Storm list to come back from Iceland. :badgrin:

They've come back and worse for wear appaerantly :(

Too much Beach volleyball :lol:

Bloody cold they reckon also. ( but they had the best martinis and chillas) :lol: