What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne storm stripped of two titles adn 2010 points wtfffff

Father Ted

First Grade
No mate the Victorian government has spent too much and has current contracts with News ltd so we are stuck with them . However one wonders about the Coach ( also of the blues ) and the new Union CEO may have sleepless nights .

Two premierships, three minor premierships, massive fines, and no points allowed for 2010. It's like they've been wiped away.

I don't think the Storm will survive this.

What odds we have two less teams in the 2011 competition?

pepe

Juniors
first of all i'm a storm supporter and it's a tradgedy for rugby league and the fans,a couple of people in the organisation have destroyed our club and its us and players who are suffering the consequences.
we are shell shocked here on melbourne,the radio stations are all over it.
i'm sure the storm are not the only team who are over the cap,i think alot of ceo's will be feeling a little uneasy.

i will say it's a very harsh decision, to strip the club of 2 premierships is far too excessive,i think david gallop was just promoting himself and not doing what is best for the game.

just on a lighter side,was brian waldron planted by the AFL to bring the storm down as he is an ex afl executive.

thanks pepe

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
first of all i'm a storm supporter and it's a tradgedy for rugby league and the fans,a couple of people in the organisation have destroyed our club and its us and players who are suffering the consequences.
we are shell shocked here on melbourne,the radio stations are all over it.
i'm sure the storm are not the only team who are over the cap,i think alot of ceo's will be feeling a little uneasy.

i will say it's a very harsh decision, to strip the club of 2 premierships is far too excessive,i think david gallop was just promoting himself and not doing what is best for the game.

just on a lighter side,was brian waldron planted by the AFL to bring the storm down as he is an ex afl executive.

thanks pepe

You're kidding yourself if you think the players didn't know

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
From a level headed balanced point of view " its a sad day we need Melbourne for the games sake"

From my personal view ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahahahaha

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We don't need Melbourne, we need the Western Suburbs Magpies, The Balmain Tigers, North Sydney Bears and Newtown Jets..

f**k the Mexican merkins!!!

TheRev

Coach
Imagine for a second that there had been some dodgies in the Dragons Management? Maybe not to that extent.... but if the positions were reversed, try to imagine how you would feel as a supporter... its not your fault, you still supported your heart out..

Be angry at the guilty parties, but spare a thought for the supporters, the players (if they didnt know, and many wouldnt, or they would have talked earlier), and everyone else associated with the club..

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Imagine for a second that there had been some dodgies in the Dragons Management? Maybe not to that extent.... but if the positions were reversed, try to imagine how you would feel as a supporter... its not your fault, you still supported your heart out..

Be angry at the guilty parties, but spare a thought for the supporters, the players (if they didnt know, and many wouldnt, or they would have talked earlier), and everyone else associated with the club..

I got a mate who supports the storm and he puts sh*t on me everytime we lose to them...I am thinking about the Melbourne supporters when I say...suck my hairy balls!!!

saintzrule

Juniors
Good riddance to bad rubbish! they have built their success? on cheating, thuggery, favouritism and newsunlimited bs.What supporters? they built that support on fraud, not like our 90 years of class and tradition. Off with their heads and bring in the CC bears! A lot of people are now in hiding or denial. I have said it before,Karma is a wonderful thing! Go the Saints:D:D

I heard the Sharks wanted to run two seperate salary cap books but they were short on pens.

Now they will experience life as a Sharkies supporter, going to the game in the knowledge that there is ZERO chance of any premiership points.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
suck sh*t you cheating pricks BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you and that frigging super league and newsunlimited.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Two premierships, three minor premierships, massive fines, and no points allowed for 2010. It's like they've been wiped away.

I don't think the Storm will survive this.

What odds we have two less teams in the 2011 competition?
Bring on the central coast Bears

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Lick my balls melb storm cronulla and Brian waldron merkin c**k sucker try to put sh*t on Dousty in 09 with premiership t shirts which was a load crock sh*t. And Phil rothfield plastering this all over the telecrap haha who's laughing now bottom of the nrl were the scums belong.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The only thing that annoys me is Manly & Parra fans crying afoul saying they should be the 07 and 09 premiers respectively, thats just BS how do we not know that the teams Melbourne beat in the preminlary finals could not have gone on to beat those teams?
Spot on.

They seem to think it's like a foot race. The winner gets disqualified so everyone goes up a notch. Of course it doesn't work that way in a team v team contest and competition.

A few teams were beaten by a cheating Storm in preliminary finals. Silly to say they should be runners up.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
What about all the premiership tatts. :lol:

Shouldn’t be too hard to get CHEATS inked underneath

Would the players be expected to return their medallions??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I've already had mates sms me saying that if the Dragons win this year, it's only cause Melb won't be there in September.
I'll still take the premiership!!! ;)

Your mates don't sound too bright.

Tell them to do the math.

700K over the cap this year. That averages out to paying overs of 50K for 14 players. Or 100K overs for seven players.

How can opposition teams compete with that? It is the reason why they are able sign and retain a core of top flight players.

If they didn't cheat, they would be battling to make the top eight.

Latest posts