What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne storm stripped of two titles adn 2010 points wtfffff

ghostface

Juniors
Don't hate the player hate the game. 5 years for the NRL to weed out the wrong doers pfffft! Mr Gallop take some accountability. The idiom to use would be 'fall on your sword'

big pat

Coach
Humiliate them until they hand their licence back in. I'm still on a high after yesterdays news came thru.

Big Norm

hey norm, thought you might be ticled pink or purple, maybe all the saints supporters in victoria show a mark of respect and wear your saints gear tomorrow and sunday.

silverex

Bench
We need melbourne in the comp because its a gateway to getting teams in Adelaide Perth and Darwin.

The NRL cant afford to think so narrowly on NSW and QLD. There are thousands of fans in places outside of those two states, and if the game is going to grow we need to think larger. If the game doesnt grow it dies.

The NRL should be a NATIONAL competition not just some game played on the east coast.
I'm not saying what Melbourne did was right, I'm not saying that we need new teams at the expense of current clubs (though would anyone miss the sharks if they moved to Adelaide?) But I like to imagine a NRL comp with teams playing in all the capital cities of Australia, a team on the central coast, another QLD team, another NZ team, a PNG side.

Wouldnt it be great to have your team only play everyone else once and its still a 24-26 round comp?

I hear what you're saying but it still doesn't convince me that it is BETTER if the competition is national. How is it better to have teams all over the country?

The more teams there are, the weaker the teams are going to be. There are only a limited number of 'good' players to go around.

When I first started to follow league, ALL the teams were in Sydney. It was a Sydney competition and it was just as exciting following the Dragons then.

I'm not saying that we should go back to that but I don't see anything wrong with having a league presence only in the areas where league is followed. Why try and force the issue if the punters don't want it?

TheRev

Coach
The more teams there are, the weaker the teams are going to be. There are only a limited number of 'good' players to go around.

Im being silly.. but by that definition, the competition would be stronger if it was only played in my backyard.. or perhaps only played in Sydney..

If you expand, you eventually need to bring more kids into the game, and develop more players of the future. Whether The Storm can eventually get a foothold in an AFL state (like the Swans have successfully done in NSW) is debatable, but with the billions of dollars already invested in the Storm, I would like to at least give them a chance, before we kill them off.

Father Ted

First Grade
apparently a couple of Storm officials were having a chat about what to do for the rest of the year . One of them obviously distraught asked the other how are we supposed to play every week knowing we can't get any points . The other one after a quick pause said hang on a minute while I give Ricky Stuart a call and find out :lol:

QUOTE=big pat;6535503]hey norm, thought you might be ticled pink or purple, maybe all the saints supporters in victoria show a mark of respect and wear your saints gear tomorrow and sunday.[/QUOTE]

Dea

Juniors
The dogs lost there seasons points and so should the storm. There is no way they should have a chance to win points while they have cheated to get better players. IMO the players receiving the money Had to know they were being paid overs. And how did they get away with it for five years? Don't go patting yourself on the back for catching them out, kick yourself for letting them get away with it for so long!

nontime111

Juniors
Hi, as a saints fan since 1977 i must add my 20 cents worth, i think after only being around for 10 years and there associations with news ltd..conflict of interest etc, and with half there whole time being completely corrupt i definitely think the storm should just be immediately ejected from the comp. that way instead of bringing 2 new teams in next year or whatever, you could bring in 3...one in perth, one in central nsw and one in central qld...the people pushing for the inclusion of these teams all seem fairly decent characters, unlike the dubious storm and there whole organisation, considering that we (ARL) WON the damn super league war, how do we stand now as victors? as if it wasnt evil enough kicking out poor old south sydney to accomadate the storm into the comp in the first place(as one of sleazy news ltds demands for re-joining with the arl..) and then the suss '99 grand final (in my view a bit of corruption to get them firmy established) now this massive scandal...lets just kick out the corrupt team who are rotten to the core, we did pretty well for a hundred years without them and now theyve taken over the whole comp like a disease...love to see them fold and more integral teams come in to replace them. and by the way a massive THUMBS DOWN to GUS GOULD for his costant support for the storm even having the audacity to actually BLAME david gallop for the whole salary cap scandal, gus...every other team played fair....the storm didnt...dont stick up for them how about ALL the other poor teams who played fair! seeya storm, you were rotten to the core from day one! and GOOD RIDDANCE news ltd and your whole corrupt influence and corporate agendas....the PEOPLE voted with there feet during the super league war and the final score was ARL 50 SUPER LEAGUE 0 lets make it so and get back to basic democracy and integrity!
GO THE SAINTS IN 2010 and beyond, boy have we sacrificed so many players due to the cap and boy do we deserve a premiership after 30 years!!! GO THE SAINTS PLAYERS YOU ARE CHAMPIONS OF TRUE INTEGRITY AND HONOUR BEYOND MEASURE!!!!:lol:

BigNormProvan

Juniors
hey norm, thought you might be ticled pink or purple, maybe all the saints supporters in victoria show a mark of respect and wear your saints gear tomorrow and sunday.

Mate, last Friday night at the mighty Tooleybuc Hotel - an establishment that has never heard a rugby league debate since Ned Kelly was running about scaring the lawmen, the Storm and their evil deeds was the topic of the night, bar the odd interval when some horses jumped in Singapore.

I was in vintage form, inspiring the aussie rules faithfull with a deranged spiel that even Hitler would have given a tip of his hat to. Forget Chook Raper when you want a comment, I'm your man!!

ps, welcome to the forum, nontime. You seem like a well educated and level gentleman, given your comments about the southern blight on rugby league. I like your early form.

Big Norm

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
The dogs lost there seasons points and so should the storm. There is no way they should have a chance to win points while they have cheated to get better players. IMO the players receiving the money Had to know they were being paid overs. And how did they get away with it for five years? Don't go patting yourself on the back for catching them out, kick yourself for letting them get away with it for so long!

Yes but who would have thought the storm had the real set of payments hidden, they gave the nrl one set of books knowingly they were false payments.I agree the nrl auditor should have check deeper during the last 5 years, but i guess there is have to be some acknowledgement no one would have thought the storm would be this dishonest

Last edited:

nontime111

Juniors
Thanks for the welcome Big Norm and God King Dean, It means a lot to me and my partner to be so warmly and sincerely welcomed, we are avid saints fanatics doing our level best to keep up to date with all things dragons way over here in Perth!
It was fantastic both this year and last to actually see the Dragons play pre-season games here both wallopping Roosters and Eels respectively... We even got to shake Ben Hornbys hand and tell him he's a quote 'true legend and champion'. We look forward to posting more with quick darts down the blind ala Browny at his peak and huge length of the field tries from sneaky intercepts like the one Tinga snaffled in Saints first ever game against the Storm in Melbourne back in '99....yep he sure silenced the whole crowd that night...literally only sound in the stadium was us Saints fans yelling, urging him on...aah memories...

big pat

Coach
Thanks for the welcome Big Norm and God King Dean, It means a lot to me and my partner to be so warmly and sincerely welcomed, we are avid saints fanatics doing our level best to keep up to date with all things dragons way over here in Perth!
It was fantastic both this year and last to actually see the Dragons play pre-season games here both wallopping Roosters and Eels respectively... We even got to shake Ben Hornbys hand and tell him he's a quote 'true legend and champion'. We look forward to posting more with quick darts down the blind ala Browny at his peak and huge length of the field tries from sneaky intercepts like the one Tinga snaffled in Saints first ever game against the Storm in Melbourne back in '99....yep he sure silenced the whole crowd that night...literally only sound in the stadium was us Saints fans yelling, urging him on...aah memories...

welcome aboard mate, lots of good healthy discussion most of the time, except when dumb-ass trollls try to think how tough they can be, if you see the name Quigs, don't take any notice, just some old fart who gets bored in the shark net, and makes his way over here, and i always say you can never have enough st george supporters.