What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne v Parramatta, Sunday 4:00pm in Melbourne - Its Official

We play the storm next week. The boys will be fired up for a big one.

Lets hope some Storm players get injured or suspened against Manly

bradeel

Juniors
it would only be fair if the Storm had players injured or suspended - they'll be playing a half strength Eels team due to those issues.

strider

Post Whore
they'll be fired? :lol: :lol: .... wow I hope not - we have enough injury problems already

bartman

Immortal
I take it that's 4pm on TV, 3pm actual kick-off?

A few things in our favour:
* Melbourne will have a really tough game against Manly this week, may come up a bit sore and sorry.
* As minor premiers they can't possibly be knocked out in the first week - might play on their subconscious and effect their motivation for the clash.

Clutching at straws perhaps, but we're now the team with nothing to lose, and should play accordingly. It's finals football now - if we put in/last for 80 mins, then we're in with a shot. No-one gave NQ a chance against us last year, and look what happened - that could be us this year.

Eelectrica

Referee
We're back into sudden death mode. Not unfamiliar territory for us.
If we can get some forwards back, who knows?
The extra day off won't go astray either.

parra pete

Referee
join the bandwagon said:
We play the storm next week. The boys will be fired up for a big one.

Lets hope some Storm players get injured or suspened against Manly

I hope none of them get injured. It's a game of sport. If they are too good they are too good. Nothing you can do about it. But the pressure of being favorites can do funny things to teams., The Eels have to turn up and be competitive.
The Eels will be at looooooooong odds to win..It could work in the team's favour.

Hurriflatch

Referee
YAY

Looks like I get to drive all thew way to Melbourne and back

Yippie!!!!

Stupid bloody stupidhead Sharks

strider

Post Whore
we did well when the expectations on the team were low .... well they are low again :D

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh well, I can;t afford to go....wouldn't have paid money to watch the tripe they've been dishing out anyways tbh...disappointing enough as it is.

Eelectrica

Referee
Melbourne are looking beatable on tonights form. I'd expect them to be more fired and up focused next week, but still...

Kornstar

Coach
Melbourne are looking beatable with a team that has BIG forwards, we have nothing and it should be an easy game for them, they won't even have to get out of first gear and they will still put 50 on us. We have no enthusiasm and that is what is going to kill us!!!

parra pete

Referee
Kornstar said:
Melbourne are looking beatable with a team that has BIG forwards, we have nothing and it should be an easy game for them, they won't even have to get out of first gear and they will still put 50 on us. We have no enthusiasm and that is what is going to kill us!!!

Kar......thunk.....there goes your arse being thrown into the corner...

You should add to that- "Thank god Taylor is moving to Souths..Can't coach anyways"

It's good to be a realist...but don't give up hope just yet...Funny things happen in sport......

Bazal

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Kar......thunk.....there goes your arse being thrown into the corner...

You should add to that- "Thank god Taylor is moving to Souths..Can't coach anyways"

It's good to be a realist...but don't give up hope just yet...Funny things happen in sport......

To be fair, we don't have much chance against the runaway minor premiers, given our injury crisis and our form. Sure, stranger things have happened...but it's less painful to expect the worst and be jubilant when it doesn't happen, than it is to hold out too much hope and have it all dashed. I still hold out some hope, of course, we are a talented side and if anyone can get Melbourne down there it's us. But at the same time I realise that we probably haven't got the troops to do it, and that it will be a huge ask for a rookie coach with an injury crippled side...

Bazal

Post Whore
parra pete said:
'Always look on the bright side of life'. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

It can be a hard motto to follow when you support Parramatta :lol: :(

parra pete

Referee
Been there, done that...Just have to keep reminding yourself... "It's only a game...and billions of people in China have never ever heard of the Parramatta Eels"....:lol:
2006 season... 'ain't over until its over'..
The fat lady is gargling, but she hasn't burst into song yet...She has already been seen in the dressing rooms of the Cowboys, Rabbits, Tigers, Sharks, Roosters, Pathers and Warriors and, although she's booked a flight to Melbourne next weekend....maybe she'll miss the plane. :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Been there, done that...Just have to keep reminding yourself... "It's only a game...and billions of people in China have never ever heard of the Parramatta Eels"....:lol:
2006 season... 'ain't over until its over'..
The fat lady is gargling, but she hasn't burst into song yet...She has already been seen in the dressing rooms of the Cowboys, Rabbits, Tigers, Sharks, Roosters, Pathers and Warriors and.
although she's booked a flight to Melbourne next weekend....maybe she'll miss the plane. :lol:

Hmm...maybe someone should take her to KFC for lunch on sunday....:crazy: