What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne v Parramatta, Sunday 4:00pm in Melbourne - Its Official

Eelectrica

Referee
Just announced on the Sunday Footy show that both Vella and Cayless are do back for next weeks game.

This gives us a real chance of causing an upset. We'll still be up against it, because the Storm is a damn good team obviously.

Kornstar said:
Melbourne are looking beatable with a team that has BIG forwards, we have nothing and it should be an easy game for them, they won't even have to get out of first gear and they will still put 50 on us. We have no enthusiasm and that is what is going to kill us!!!

This game will be closer than you think..I am a staunch Storm fan but would never write Parra off in a finals game.

:D

Parra Guru

Coach
Eelectrica said:
Just announced on the Sunday Footy show that both Vella and Cayless are do back for next weeks game.

This gives us a real chance of causing an upset. We'll still be up against it, because the Storm is a damn good team obviously.

If this is true I wonder if both of them will get picked???

You'd think if Caylo's available, he'll start and Josh will get pushed to the bench. Does that really leave a spot for Vella? Would you drop Delaney for him?

It's a real toughie this week if they are both available.

Hellsy

Immortal
Parra Guru said:
mentality? How so?

The boys have come through a shocking start to a season, a change in coaches (the first one to even make the finals), they won 9 in a row with an increasing run of injuries and a lengthy suspension.

Sorry if it treads on your toes, but I'll be proud of them, whatever happens on Sunday!
Me too PG, they have done more than what I expected of them from halfway thorugh this season

Morenito

Juniors
Parra Guru said:

You'd think if Caylo's available, he'll start and Josh will get pushed to the bench. Does that really leave a spot for Vella? Would you drop Delaney for him?

You actually have to ask that question? :lol: :lol:

Angry_eel

First Grade
Parra Guru said:

:lol: i'll drop Delaney for anything.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
We will win this one! forget about match fitness for Vella, the adrenilin will take over and he'll be right.

Im very confident boys, don't know why, but am.

We will be fired for this one, and Cayless and Vella will rise everyones spirits in the camp.

You watch a different side against Melbourne, We will win this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Im confident.....if you noticed over the last 11 weeks......our 9 in a row were done when we were pretty much the underdog....the last two weeks we were expected to win...we lost!

Im confident!

Angry_eel

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
We will win this one! forget about match fitness for Vella, the adrenilin will take over and he'll be right.

Im very confident boys, don't know why, but am.

We will be fired for this one, and Cayless and Vella will rise everyones spirits in the camp.

You watch a different side against Melbourne, We will win this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please don't get ahead of youself. We are playing the only consistent form team of the competition.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Angry_eel said:
Please don't get ahead of youself. We are playing the only consistent form team of the competition.

They can be beaten, and we'll win this week!!! Im so damn confident im placing 100 on an Eels win!!!

Im never this confident!

dazeely

First Grade
its time to kick some Melbornian ass. those delicate little pussies can't match the might of the blue and gold. lets rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the underdog tag......

f**k i wish we were playing the pups (especially after their performance againgst the panthers)

Bazal

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Delaney hasn't played all that bad in the last 2 weeks.

Exactly! I really feel for the guy, he is thrust into a role not of his choosing, does the best he can and then gets calls for his head from some very frustrated fans with nothing better to do. His game on friday was probably one of the best he has played for us. As I said in another thread, it's not his fault he was picked over Taia or Mateo and not his fault he was put in to the pack....yet the ridiculous hatred continues...some people need to have a good logical think about it IMO...FFS stop blaming the guy who tried harder than almost anyone else, blame the guys who didn't show up to play. Or would that make too much sense :roll:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
They can be beaten, and we'll win this week!!! Im so damn confident im placing 100 on an Eels win!!!

Im never this confident!

that's fine mate, but do us all a favour, if the unthinkable happens :roll: and we get beat don't come here carrying on like a pork chop blaming the players, coach and the match officials...ok??? ;-)

Bazal said:
Exactly! I really feel for the guy, he is thrust into a role not of his choosing, does the best he can and then gets calls for his head from some very frustrated fans with nothing better to do. His game on friday was probably one of the best he has played for us. As I said in another thread, it's not his fault he was picked over Taia or Mateo and not his fault he was put in to the pack....yet the ridiculous hatred continues...some people need to have a good logical think about it IMO...FFS stop blaming the guy who tried harder than anyone else, blames the guys who didn't show up to play. Or would that make too much sense :roll:

I agree. Delaney probably had his 2 best games in the last 2 games. He will be a very good player in a few years. He's the type that will get better when he hits 24-25 years. He's not the best taking on other packs yet but i believe he's future is in the forwards. I would have chosen Zeb over him for sure in the last 2 weeks just too give us that go forward that we need.