What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne v Parramatta, Sunday 4:00pm in Melbourne - Its Official

Eelectrica

Referee
We're going to have to be at our absolute best, and probably have to have some luck go our way as well to win. But we're going to be there and give it a shot. Can't ask for more than that.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
parra pete said:
It's good to be a realist...but don't give up hope just yet...Funny things happen in sport......

I've heard that somewhere.. oh that's right, that's what Manly said last year before we flattened them in the finals.

I'd love to say we're in with a shot but with the way Melbourne are playing and our injury toll... it just isn't going to happen. But it's been a remarkable effort by the boys to even make the final and that's enough for us to be proud of.

bartman

Immortal
oneguy said:
As Nine has been touting for some time - all final games shown LIVE
Fair enough, forgot they changed kick off times to fit around Ch 9... that means I get an extra hour sleep in before hooking up with the radio coverage at 7am UK time.

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
Kar......thunk.....there goes your arse being thrown into the corner...

You should add to that- "Thank god Taylor is moving to Souths..Can't coach anyways"

It's good to be a realist...but don't give up hope just yet...Funny things happen in sport......

Nah, Taylor has done a great job, i only hope he stops being stubborn and realises that we need big guys on the bench next week is all.

I know we can beat them, just our form over the last 2 weeks hasn't exactly instilled me with any confidence......if Melbourne don't flog us, then they don't deserve to win the comp! They are at full strength and we have no forwards, it SHOULD be a walk in the park for them......let's just hope they prepare that way....

Redback71

First Grade
we need to get our kicking game and 5th tackle options in order thats whats killing us not the lack of forwards

Morenito

Juniors
We can win... we just need to get rid of the Delaney factor!!!

Once JT has that settled then we are at least in with a shot.

We have won like what.. 2 games this season with that guy... he's hopeless and BAD LUCK.

Parra Guru

Coach
How about we just kick back and enjoy Sunday's game. We should just be grateful we're in the 8.

C'monnn boys. Melbourne are due for a shake up.

lucablight

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
How about we just kick back and enjoy Sunday's game. We should just be grateful we're in the 8.

The wrong mentality to have IMO

Dani

Immortal
It'll be good to see some of ya'll down here.
So who is going to buy me a beer? :D

Morenito

Juniors
lucablight said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parra Guru

I agree... This should be an afterseason thought, not one the week before an elimination game... unfortunately i think the players are starting to think like this too, going by what i heard in their interviews at the airport.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm just going to enjoy the week than sit back and enjoy the 3 games before ours in between a friends party and watch it unfold..we created history by being the first team to make the 8 with a caretaker coach why not be the first team to beat the minor premiers in the first week of the semis???

dare to dream.

eelz47

Coach
dare to dream?

i love it.

try you best boys, try you best and anything is possible

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon we'll be alot tougher and fitter for our two recent hit outs

our boys will be rested up and fired up and I reckon we are a chance

strider

Post Whore
lucablight said:
ummmm - maybe it'd be the wrong menatality for the players to have, but what's wrong with the fans having it?

ffs, we pretty much all thought we were done and dusted about 2 months back and recently we've been playing with a fair sized hole due to injuries - absolutely nothing wrong with being greatful we'll get to see at least one more game

blx

Juniors
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i live in melbourne and have been waiting to see the boys down here but im workin on Sunday :(

Parra Guru

Coach
lucablight said:

Wrong mentality? How so?

The boys have come through a shocking start to a season, a change in coaches (the first one to even make the finals), they won 9 in a row with an increasing run of injuries and a lengthy suspension.

Sorry if it treads on your toes, but I'll be proud of them, whatever happens on Sunday!