What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne v Parramatta, Sunday 4:00pm in Melbourne - Its Official

strider

Post Whore
we could go the full house and blame a group: smithy, delaney, burty, vella and lets throw in wags for sentimental reasons

CrazyEel

Bench
We won't lose, they will beat Melb IMO.

I honestly think they just relaxed when they were finally assurred of a finals berth 2nd half of the Roosters game. That in itself was a huge relief for them as they had achieved what they set out to do, subconsciously the intensity levels just dropped off from that point IMO.

Now that it's sudden death again I believe the intensity, attitude and speed will be back where it was pre roosters and they will beat Melb who won't be expecting it.

pazzaeel

Juniors
We will win this one! forget about match fitness for Vella, the adrenilin will take over and he'll be right.

Im very confident boys, don't know why, but am.

We will be fired for this one, and Cayless and Vella will rise everyones spirits in the camp.

You watch a different side against Melbourne, We will win this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree....i am more confident of beating melbourne then i have been of beating bris and cows....the boys will fire up!

Smartman

Juniors
This could get ugly if Melbourne are half switched on for the game.

Storm by 30-40 points.

Parra Guru

Coach
Smartman said:
This could get ugly if Melbourne are half switched on for the game.

Storm by 30-40 points.

Yeah it could. We'd much rather play the Dogs after seeing their awesome form yesterday. :lol:

Lowdown

Juniors
Good luck Parra, as I seriously think your chances of causing an upset are in need of divine intervention.

I love a bit of one-eyed optimism pre-game; as it's like a poor fool being strapped into an electric chair, still thinking that the last minute call from the governor will come.

The sad fact is: the governor is actually Brian Waldron, and the poor fool is Fitzgerald and we're gunna have one hell of a BBQ on Sunday afternoon.

I love the smell of fried eel...:lol:

GO STORM

Suitman

Post Whore
Lowdown said:
Good luck Parra, as I seriously think your chances of causing an upset are in need of divine intervention.

I love a bit of one-eyed optimism pre-game; as it's like a poor fool being strapped into an electric chair, still thinking that the last minute call from the governor will come.

The sad fact is: the governor is actually Brian Waldron, and the poor fool is Fitzgerald and we're gunna have one hell of a BBQ on Sunday afternoon.

GO STORM

Nice. :lol: :lol:

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowdown said:

GO STORM

I take it your confident as you rightly should be..quick question though, how much do you think you'll beat us by?

Lowdown

Juniors
Pointless trying to pick a margin for this one. All I can say is that the Storm will likely control the tempo for the vast majority of the match and simply grind the eels down. They are a team that will strike quickly as soon as their opposition gets a sniff...bang bang - two tries and its all over, usually just before the half, or directly after. Remember their earlier encounter against the Eels. The Eels had taken the lead, then blink and the Storm had simply clicked into another gear and blew the Eels off the park.

I will say that the Eels only chance will be to get them in the second half. If the Storm go into halftime down, you can bet your boots they will be rampaging in the second half.

Look to the timing of when Nathan Friend comes on. The Storm change completely like a prize fighter altering his stance in the sixth round, and they look to carve up teams in the middle of the park. You can bet your bottom dollar that the bigger forwards will be his target to run at them, then put through a flat pass to a Mick Crocker, Ryan Hoffman or even Slater.

The Eels will have to play the perfect 80 mins to get this one. Their only chance is not their forwards (a battle which the Storm will dominate), but the kicking games of Tim Smith and their outstanding wingers. These are the only areas of concern for the Storm. But the reduced field width, and no doubt blustery Sunday afternoon breeze through the open Olympic Park will need Timmy in Tip Top Form.

What the Hell: Storm by 40.;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowdown said:
What the Hell: Storm by 40.;-)

great! :D

put your money where your mouth is if we get within 30 of you which is 10 points less than your predicted margon how about you chuck in $100.00 send it to me and we'll make sure we send it to the charity of our choice :)

how about that bigshot? ;-)