What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbournes Money

What to do with Melbourne $8 million cash injection

• Total voters

Brutus

Referee
THE NRL refuses to open its books so who knows what the Storm are either making or losing. Who knows how much News LTD is really taking out of the profits?

RUBIKS

Juniors
Slightly off topic however discussion has led there through the defence of Mlb... I hope anyone who is pro Storm also support a Perth team before a Central Coast team for "the sake of expansion".

As for the money, the sad thing is not only does there need to be a team in Mlb for the future of the game, it needs to be a successful team as dwindling support for the Swans has shown. Sadly the Storm will need this money to help them for the near future, however I hope there is a plan in place from both the NRL and the Storm mapping out a time frame for how long these payments will be made and how they will continue to prosper without them.

Billythekid

First Grade
Slightly off topic however discussion has led there through the defence of Mlb... I hope anyone who is pro Storm also support a Perth team before a Central Coast team for "the sake of expansion".

I can guarantee that most if not all the people who want a team in Melbourne also want one in Perth. In fact i would say pretty much anyone who wants to see the game grown wants that.

As for the money, the sad thing is not only does there need to be a team in Mlb for the future of the game, it needs to be a successful team as dwindling support for the Swans has shown.

The swans have shown nothing. It's a different sport and a different city. The sport has been rejected by the majority in Sydeny you only have to look at its ratings. It's help up by bandwagon fans and expats. Thats why they need success to remain relevant. It's been around more than twice as long as the storm and has had mountains of success. They have reached their peak.

Sadly the Storm will need this money to help them for the near future, however I hope there is a plan in place from both the NRL and the Storm mapping out a time frame for how long these payments will be made and how they will continue to prosper without them.

I think for now the obvious plan to increase revenue and make the storm self sustainable is increasing crowds. The storm really push ST holders, even in the small crappy olympic park the storm were close to the top of all clubs in terms of seasion ticket holders.

Big Time

Juniors
Have a think about this for a minute.

Melbourne are being propped up by this $5-6 million a year yes? But how much does Melbourne add to our current and future TV rights? The Victorian market is a big one and I for one think that although the Storms balance sheet looks bad, and are helped by 50% of the NRL, the NRL's balance sheet looks better with Melbourne.

I say that if News Ltd leave the Storm, the new commission should fund the debt that Melbourne may fall into. Melbourne will one day be self sufficiant, but they need help from the stronger Rugby League community, the other clubs. Once Melbourne is strong enough, they will naturally help the rest of the clubs.

I feel the same way if a Perth side was introduced

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Melbourne are being propped up by this $5-6 million a year yes? But how much does Melbourne add to our current and future TV rights? The Victorian market is a big one and I for one think that although the Storms balance sheet looks bad, and are helped by 50% of the NRL, the NRL's balance sheet looks better with Melbourne.

I say that if News Ltd leave the Storm, the new commission should fund the debt that Melbourne may fall into. Melbourne will one day be self sufficiant, but they need help from the stronger Rugby League community, the other clubs. Once Melbourne is strong enough, they will naturally help the rest of the clubs.

My god, might wanna use the quote function.

I feel the same way if a Perth side was introduced.

First page of this thread.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Let me get this straight, you obviously just copied and pasted what I wrote a week ago without quoting me, and in an attempt to regain credibility, you try and make it out as if you wrote it first. Just to shatter the crums of creidibilty you have left

I feel the same way if a Perth side was introduced.
08-10-2009, 09:46 AM
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=346709
Then

Today, 01:57 PM
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=346709&page=17

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Big Time

How very, very embarrasing for you.

i-am-a-thief-i-stole-from-walmart-shoplifting-sign.jpg

You pathetic merkin, you can take out walmart and insert 1 eyed tezza.