What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership drive not working

elevenstraight

Juniors
Once it's received your details, you are taken to a page and issued with a reference number for your application. It is clearly outlined, as someone said earlier, that certain types of memberships will be processed in a certain order, not essentially straight away.

And you know for certain that I was the one who did the ordering.....

If you have any questions about your membership, you can call the club and quote your reference number if you have concerns and they will answer your questions.

I did that remember, I said I sent an email...

Bottom line, if you don't know the info, try finding out about it instead of carrying on like you are. Y'know, taking some personal responsibility?

As above...

The one thing I will agree with you on is that the system is a bit unusual, they should've utilised the generic NRL system that the Bulldogs and a few other clubs are using, which has an automated payment thing.

Thanks..

And instead of trying to publicly shame the club, it might be an idea to put your concerns into writing and forward them to the club itself, so they get feedback on what they might be able to fix.

Did that too....

And this is a public forum to express opinions and views. If I choose to rag someone or an organisation I will. If its deemed offensive it will be taken down by the powers that be.

Doug2234

First Grade
Well lucky you Doug. How good are you, no wonder your not one of the "half the people on here" that are whining, you have your stuff.....

And I give a f**k doug, its called customer service and common courtesy. Simple.

HAHAHAHA!! So you only want common courtesy for yourself! I assume as i signed up first i would recieve my stuff first.

It will come. I assume everything is a bit slow as its the off season and staff can take time off - as well as the Wollongong upgrade slowing stuff down...

If your concerned call the club and speak to Natasha.

Dont know what us on the LU Forums can do to make your membership process quicker.. Sorry buddy

elevenstraight

Juniors
HAHAHAHA!! So you only want common courtesy for yourself! I assume as i signed up first i would
recieve my stuff first.

It will come. I assume everything is a bit slow as its the off season and staff can take time off - as well as the Wollongong upgrade slowing stuff down...

If your concerned call the club and speak to Natasha.

Dont know what us on the LU Forums can do to make your membership process quicker.. Sorry buddy

ugh:roll:

The title of the thread is "Membership Drive Not Working"

So I thought Id put my 2c worth in a say why imo. And no its not just expecting courtesy for myself but for everyone else in my position too.

And it has now come finally:D! but I still stand by my argument, the whole process seems a bit helter skelter compared to the experiences with supporter from other clubs and their memberships.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ugh:roll:

The title of the thread is "Membership Drive Not Working"

So I thought Id put my 2c worth in a say why imo. And no its not just expecting courtesy for myself but for everyone else in my position too.

And it has now come finally:D! but I still stand by my argument, the whole process seems a bit helter skelter compared to the experiences with supporter from other clubs and their memberships.

The thread was started by somebody who obviously didn't take into consideration that STGI memberships only went on sale in the last fortnight, while all other clubs had been on sale for over a month, if not longer. The membership drive is working fine, you're whinging.

And you know for certain that I was the one who did the ordering.....
LOL! Then shouldn't the person who ordered it complain then?
I did that remember, I said I sent an email...
I said call. Emails can go unread at such a busy time.
As above...[.quote]
oh dear.

Thanks..

Did that too....

And this is a public forum to express opinions and views. If I choose to rag someone or an organisation I will. If its deemed offensive it will be taken down by the powers that be.
I'm well aware of that. It doesn't seem like you're rag them, it seems like you're doing your best to shred their credibility. Hell, I'm a Bulldogs fan and I'm hear defending the club from it's own ignorant fans.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm a Bulldogs fan and I'm hear defending the club from it's own ignorant fans.

the force is strong with this one...

we'll convert you yet..

phanaticdarthvader_2.jpg

saint_girl

Juniors
Timmah makes a hell of a lot of good points and thank you for sticking up for our clubs administration.

As for elevenstraight. He is obviously a first time member who is way too impatient. By the sounds of it he won't be a member next year but who cares. The footy starts in March. Plenty of time to get things in the mail, plus xmas being a busy time for Australia post probably slowed down the transaction.

I will be buying mine early in the year after xmas. The hubby and I are sharing a GA one, due to our new arrival expected in January.

Timmah

Staff member
I hope you guys don't mind me putting my two cents in. I am a Red V member in 2010 myself (girlfriend is a Saints fan, makes it cheaper to be a member lol) so I feel I'm entitled to have a say and to be fair, I'm yet to have a bad experience with your clubs management, so I feel they deserve defending.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
timmah - would be happy to hear your 4c worth...

despite your one fatal flaw (the blue & white one) you add a lot of value to this forum (and the board overall)...

shame you can't rub that off on some of the other doggies fans who pop their heads in here..

Draginzaaar

Bench
I got my Country Red V package today. The backpack is small but I didn't become a Red V member for the hat and backpack.

Draginzaaar

And this is why this thread was always premature bullsh*t....

One week later we've gone up to nearly 4k. Basically we're selling memberships at the fastest rate of any club and catching up with the leaders very quickly.

Don't forget we were the closest to 10k last year (for NSW). There are exactly zero indicators that we'll sell any less this year and plenty of reason to expect we can sell more. Plus we'll do it without the bargain basement prices some other clubs have used.

membershipnumbers17122009.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
It's never really been a problem for me, not many I associate with are 'Dogs fans anyway apart from immediate family and the odd friend I've met through this forum.

Everyone I know understands it's only grown from being 'betrothed' to a Dragons fan and it would never EVER overtake my love of the 'Dogs, and in fact stands to be relegated to third place when the CC Bears are admitted sometime in the next decade.

Timmah makes a hell of a lot of good points and thank you for sticking up for our clubs administration.

As for elevenstraight. He is obviously a first time member who is way too impatient. By the sounds of it he won't be a member next year but who cares. The footy starts in March. Plenty of time to get things in the mail, plus xmas being a busy time for Australia post probably slowed down the transaction.

I will be buying mine early in the year after xmas. The hubby and I are sharing a GA one, due to our new arrival expected in January.

congrats!!!

another dragons army member...and with James' baby, we'll have two youngins!!

we'll get the members!

i rekon they put them out too close to Christmas - hence people are spending their $ on presents and the like

by the time the season starts, we'll have the 10,000!!!

saint_girl

Juniors
Absolutely...another dragons fan on the way. What I really want to find is a dragons baby jumpsuit but they are so hard to find. If anyone knows where these can be bought, please let me know :) I want to bring my bub home from hospital in it.

I agree with HLH about the memberships. Too damn close to xmas. We will be ok and get the numbers.

Latest posts