What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership Ideas/Issues?

mickdo

Coach
your number 3 point is a very good one. A few years back, we got an ISC cap and I remember rocking up to our first home game and a lot of people were wearing them. I didn't see many wearing the bright yellow one, that's probably it was pouring.

Yeah, that must've been it ;-)

1. How much is your season membership/seat worth to you?
It's worth is immeasurable. It cost $185

2. How do you rate this season’s membership booklet?
It has a picture of Burty so it's ok.

3. How do you rate the membership items in the pack?
Key ring, scarf and lanyard are sweet. The hat and bag suck arse. The sticker is awesome and sits proudly on my rear windshield.

4. What member’s only events would you like to experience? Coach & Staff Night? Stadium Tour? Trivia Night? Fan Forum?
Pub Crawl

5. Have you used the Ambassador Card benefits program?
Nope.

6. If you had a choice between this seasons membership items or a voucher at the BGA Shop, which would you select?
A voucher. If the items we received were better then I might change my mind.

7. What 2 items would you consider essential in your annual membership pack?
Apart from the season ticket? Sticker and key ring.

8. Do you feel we should have specific member packs to cater females, babies, and the elderly?
Yes.

9. What's the best thing about being a Parra member?
Being better than everyone else.

10. What is the most frustrating thing about being a Parra member?
My abundant humility stops me from Lording it over everyone.

11. How do you feel about the club taking more games to ANZ Stadium? Should we take more? Is 2 enough?
2 fits, considering we can do the swap with Souths and Dogs.

12. Have you visited the BGA Store? If so how do you rate the experience?
I like it.

13. How do you rate your experience with club staff or club correspondence during the purchase or renewal of your membership?
This year's experience was poor. Last year's was awesome.

14. How do you rate the Clubs web sites? Leagues Club? BGA? Parra Eels?
I don't visit it. I get all my league here at LU.

15. How can the club improve your satisfaction at Parra Stadium? Entertainment? Competitions? Challenges?
Get rid of the f**king signs on the North Hill.

They can make up for this year's atrocious hat by making the 2012 gear predominantly green. Oh, yeah, green items that are of a good quality.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
4. What member’s only events would you like to experience? Coach & Staff Night? Stadium Tour? Trivia Night? Fan Forum?
Pub Crawl

:lol:

9. What's the best thing about being a Parra member?
Being better than everyone else.

:lol:

10. What is the most frustrating thing about being a Parra member?
My abundant humility stops me from Lording it over everyone.

No it doesn't.......

Eels Dude

Coach
I mentioned in the Brett Kenny thread that I will post up 15 questions regarding our current Membership packages plus other issues that the club currently has.

Just wondering how we all feel about this

1. How much is your season membership/seat worth to you? Not that important personally, I haven't purchased one as of yet this year.

2. How do you rate this season’s membership booklet? N/A as not seen it

3. How do you rate the membership items in the pack? Last year's were horrible quality and useless apart from the keyring. This years appear the same from what I've seen, but even worse because of the horrible looking canary yellow colour they are. Who's going to be caught dead wearing that cap seriously.

4. What member’s only events would you like to experience? Coach & Staff Night? Stadium Tour? Trivia Night? Fan Forum? Maybe a trivia night or fan forum, the rest doesn't bother me.

5. Have you used the Ambassador Card benefits program? N/A

6. If you had a choice between this seasons membership items or a voucher at the BGA Shop, which would you select? A voucher, they included one last year and it was worth more everything else in the membership pack combined

7. What 2 items would you consider essential in your annual membership pack? Not sure

8. Do you feel we should have specific member packs to cater females, babies, and the elderly? No I don't think it's necessary.

9. What's the best thing about being a Parra member? To be able to say you're a Parra member

10. What is the most frustrating thing about being a Parra member? The fact they ram it down our throats to become members, but don't listen to suggestions or when people make complaints they just throw them aside.

11. How do you feel about the club taking more games to ANZ Stadium? Should we take more? Is 2 enough? Why take any? S**t stadium. Unless we're going to get more than capacity at Parra stadium then no of course not. The Bulldogs and Souths games make sense, but the rest of our home games should be played at Parra.

12. Have you visited the BGA Store? If so how do you rate the experience? Quite like it actually, better than that poky little shop inside the leagues club.

13. How do you rate your experience with club staff or club correspondence during the purchase or renewal of your membership? Not very good i'm afraid.

14. How do you rate the Clubs web sites? Leagues Club? BGA? Parra Eels? Leagues not interested enough to look at it. BGA is ok I guess. Eels website is very frustrating to look at.

15. How can the club improve your satisfaction at Parra Stadium? Entertainment? Competitions? Challenges? I'm there for the footy, don't care about the rest. Cheaper prices for drinks and food would be nice, and removing the two drink per person rule. All that does is make the queues longer. They don't seem to realise people actually do 'shouts' when they're together. Someone buys 4 beers in the first half and shares them... then the other person returns the favour at half time. Not allowing people do that just means that 2 people have to line up instead of 1 which is quiet stupid really and just pisses off everybody else because it makes the lines so much longer than they have to be.

Also to further comment. Until they offer GA season tickets outside the northern or southern terrace then I refuse to become a ticketed member, or allow upgrades if you do purchase GA season tickets. It's not convenient for me and a lot of others to purchase season tickets for this reason. I think Tony Bongo has brought it up with the club but they've done nothing about it. Stuff like this frustrates me especially when they ram memberships down your throat, have girls at their membership office call and then when you explain they do nothing about it or don't even follow it up.

Jodeci

Bench
15. How can the club improve your satisfaction at Parra Stadium? Entertainment? Competitions? Challenges? I'm there for the footy, don't care about the rest. Cheaper prices for drinks and food would be nice, and removing the two drink per person rule. All that does is make the queues longer. They don't seem to realise people actually do 'shouts' when they're together. Someone buys 4 beers in the first half and shares them... then the other person returns the favour at half time. Not allowing people do that just means that 2 people have to line up instead of 1 which is quiet stupid really and just pisses off everybody else because it makes the lines so much longer than they have to be.

Also to further comment. Until they offer GA season tickets outside the northern or southern terrace then I refuse to become a ticketed member, or allow upgrades if you do purchase GA season tickets. It's not convenient for me and a lot of others to purchase season tickets for this reason. I think Tony Bongo has brought it up with the club but they've done nothing about it. Stuff like this frustrates me especially when they ram memberships down your throat, have girls at their membership office call and then when you explain they do nothing about it or don't even follow it up.

Can you explain the last point?

Are you saying a General Admission season pass for the terraces and grandstand?

I mentioned in the Brett Kenny thread that I will post up 15 questions regarding our current Membership packages plus other issues that the club currently has.

Just wondering how we all feel about this

1. How much is your season membership/seat worth to you? im a blue blood $75 is ok

2. How do you rate this season’s membership booklet? havent read it

3. How do you rate the membership items in the pack? im not 6 anymore dont need a schoolbag maybe cap & scarf should be optional blue or yellow?

4. What member’s only events would you like to experience? Coach & Staff Night? Stadium Tour? Trivia Night? Fan Forum? i loved walking out onto parra stadium for caylo's farewell a stadium tour would be awesome as for trivia night are we talking general trivia or sports only?

5. Have you used the Ambassador Card benefits program? not yet but i intend to

6. If you had a choice between this seasons membership items or a voucher at the BGA Shop, which would you select? make it a choice and give members the option of member pack or voucher

7. What 2 items would you consider essential in your annual membership pack? nothing really

8. Do you feel we should have specific member packs to cater females, babies, and the elderly? worth looking at but would it be cost effective? might be easier to give them vouchers

9. What's the best thing about being a Parra member? im part of the family now

10. What is the most frustrating thing about being a Parra member? being under the media spotlight 24/7 sometimes i wish we could slide under the radar a bit

11. How do you feel about the club taking more games to ANZ Stadium? Should we take more? Is 2 enough? anytime we are looking at a big crowd and might sell out parra stadium

12. Have you visited the BGA Store? If so how do you rate the experience?
very good

13. How do you rate your experience with club staff or club correspondence during the purchase or renewal of your membership?
see above

14. How do you rate the Clubs web sites? Leagues Club? BGA? Parra Eels?
bga needs a facelift and to be kept current

15. How can the club improve your satisfaction at Parra Stadium? Entertainment? Competitions? Challenges?
something different for halftime entertainment would be good ideally some kind of challenge that you could have contestants at different home grounds competing and have playoffs during finals then a big prize on grand final day

Eels Dude

Coach
Can you explain the last point?

Are you saying a General Admission season pass for the terraces and grandstand?

Yes of course Jodeci. Obviously not the grandstand, but I really think the club should seriously consider making the end two bays on both sides, on both lower terraces, GA. Similiar to how Penrith Stadium operates. Charge what they already charge the 25 buck price doesn't bother me. The reason being that a lot of people hate sitting in the Northern Terrace because you cannot see the big screen because of the advertising boards. And a lot of people hate sitting in the Southern Terrace because it's completely alcohol free. And they are the only GA tickets in the stadium, both limiting to consumers.

Even though I go to most home games, a reserved seat is useless to me. This is because who I attend games with changes on a week to week basis. Sometimes I'll go by myself, sometimes I'll go with mates that are Parra fans, or when we're playing Tigers or Panthers, I'll sit with mates who support the other sides. But whoever I go with, none of them (including myself) like either on both hill for reasons I've mentioned above. So I'll always end up sitting in either the Eastern or Western Terrace. But it's all reserved seating. So if I were to purchase a ticketed membership to either of those terraces, I would be locked to that seat and unable to sit with my mates (unless I purchased an extra ticket) or sit on my lonesome. If they had a couple of bays at the ends for GA similiar to Penrith, then if you get there early enough with a group you can sit together and problem thus solved.

There's plenty of other people I know who refuse to sign up for ticketed memberships for similar reasons and I'm more than willing to elaborate more if you like.

Rogue.9

Juniors
[FONT=&quot]1. How much is your season membership/seat worth to you?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I am happy with $300 a seat in the stand

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2. How do you rate this season’s membership booklet?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Didn't really look at it

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3. How do you rate the membership items in the pack?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Not really impressed at all.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]4. What member’s only events would you like to experience? Coach & Staff Night? Stadium Tour? Trivia Night? Fan Forum?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I really enjoyed the trivia night they had a few years ago and would like to see a few more of those

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5. Have you used the Ambassador Card benefits program?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Not yet.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]6. If you had a choice between this seasons membership items or a voucher at the BGA Shop, which would you select?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Voucher.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]7. What 2 items would you consider essential in your annual membership pack?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Small key ring like they used to have for the football club membership.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]8. Do you feel we should have specific member packs to cater females, babies, and the elderly?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Issue vouchers and keep everybody happy

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]9. What's the best thing about being a Parra member?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Getting a seat at the home games.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]10. What is the most frustrating thing about being a Parra member?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The only thing I seem to get from the club is Spam e-mails as opposed to some of the other clubs that seem to want to include their members in events

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]11. How do you feel about the club taking more games to ANZ Stadium? Should we take more? Is 2 enough? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I hate the games at ANZ and would be happy for the option to buy a discounted Season pass that just gave me access to Parra stadium games.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The other thing I hate about ANZ is it isn’t similar seats like Parra Stadium like people were originally promised. At Parra Stadium I have an elevated undercover seat in the Cronin stand, overlooking halfway. At ANZ I am 4 rows from the front and have to sit in the rain[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12. Have you visited the BGA Store? If so how do you rate the experience?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
There wasn’t much stock on Friday night but normally it is ok.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]13. How do you rate your experience with club staff or club correspondence during the purchase or renewal of your membership?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Same as normal for me but I am pissed off to hear that other people were not told that their seats from last season would not be available to them until after they had paid. I would have cancelled at least 1 of my tickets if that had happened to me.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]14. How do you rate the Clubs web sites? Leagues Club? BGA? Parra Eels?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The website always seems to be slow & outdate. Only a few weeks ago it had Injuries listed as Shackleton out for the season & Eric Grothe Jr out in defiantly

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]15. How can the club improve your satisfaction at Parra Stadium? Entertainment? Competitions? Challenges?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I would like to see half time be just quick competition with fans including catch the bomb, relays & goal kicking comps)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]interviews with past & present players or a “Where are they now” video package[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I enjoyed the Cayless event at the leagues club before the panthers game but I had to leave early because I wanted to watch the Toyota Cup (wished I had stayed at the Cayless event). Things like this should be held after the game or at the ground between Toyota Cup & First Grade.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Jodeci

Bench
Yes of course Jodeci. Obviously not the grandstand, but I really think the club should seriously consider making the end two bays on both sides, on both lower terraces, GA. Similiar to how Penrith Stadium operates. Charge what they already charge the 25 buck price doesn't bother me. The reason being that a lot of people hate sitting in the Northern Terrace because you cannot see the big screen because of the advertising boards. And a lot of people hate sitting in the Southern Terrace because it's completely alcohol free. And they are the only GA tickets in the stadium, both limiting to consumers.

Even though I go to most home games, a reserved seat is useless to me. This is because who I attend games with changes on a week to week basis. Sometimes I'll go by myself, sometimes I'll go with mates that are Parra fans, or when we're playing Tigers or Panthers, I'll sit with mates who support the other sides. But whoever I go with, none of them (including myself) like either on both hill for reasons I've mentioned above. So I'll always end up sitting in either the Eastern or Western Terrace. But it's all reserved seating. So if I were to purchase a ticketed membership to either of those terraces, I would be locked to that seat and unable to sit with my mates (unless I purchased an extra ticket) or sit on my lonesome. If they had a couple of bays at the ends for GA similiar to Penrith, then if you get there early enough with a group you can sit together and problem thus solved.

There's plenty of other people I know who refuse to sign up for ticketed memberships for similar reasons and I'm more than willing to elaborate more if you like.

Makes perfect sense now

That's a very valid point.

Perhaps Parra Guru may know, is Bay 48 majority season members? I know 44 is full of season members. I wonder if 49 and 43 have season members?

I cant believe the price difference between sitting on half way in the terrace and sitting behind the posts is like $40 I think from memory?

Jodeci

Bench
[FONT=&quot]4. What member’s only events would you like to experience? Coach & Staff Night? Stadium Tour? Trivia Night? Fan Forum?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I really enjoyed the trivia night they had a few years ago and would like to see a few more of those [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]11. How do you feel about the club taking more games to ANZ Stadium? Should we take more? Is 2 enough? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hate the games at ANZ and would be happy for the option to buy a discounted Season pass that just gave me access to Parra stadium games.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The other thing I hate about ANZ is it isn’t similar seats like Parra Stadium like people were originally promised. At Parra Stadium I have an elevated undercover seat in the Cronin stand, overlooking halfway. At ANZ I am 4 rows from the front and have to sit in the rain[/FONT]

I use to sit in the Cronin, i was on th aisle seat in bay 27 next to 26, I was virtually on half way. Went to ANZ and I was placed on the 30 metre line and I gave Jess Roko an absolute spray and she moved me for the second game closer.

The trivia night a few years back was priceless. Every table just about cheated but everyone had a ball

bartman

Immortal
I like reading through other people's opinions in threads like this, thanks J.

Just a note about the Ambassador Card... after reading someone's post about how they'd used it to save money on a hire car, it triggered an idea. I have a hire car booking to make for a holiday in April, so I went searching for my booklet to see what deals were on offer.

I went to the hire company's website, typed in the promo code, and went through all the steps up to confirming the booking. It looked ok, but I was curious and wanted to know how much the card had saved me.

So I opened a different browser and went through the stages of exactly the same booking with exactly the same company (only without entering the code) - and the normal rate came up as around $300 cheaper (around $30/day)! :crazy:

I then searched around the hire car company's website, and found a special that applied to the dates for my booking, that took a further $100 off the normal pricing - which is about $40/day cheaper than using the Ambassador Card promo "deal".

For those who know how these bulk loyalty cards actually operate, you may not be too surprised.... Just thought I should put this example in this thread as a word of warning to Members, to check things out before automatically using your Ambassador Card - as it may not always save you money.

Jodeci

Bench

Just a note about the Ambassador Card... after reading someone's post about how they'd used it to save money on a hire car, it triggered an idea. I have a hire car booking to make for a holiday in April, so I went searching for my booklet to see what deals were on offer.

I went to the hire company's website, typed in the promo code, and went through all the steps up to confirming the booking. It looked ok, but I was curious and wanted to know how much the card had saved me.

So I opened a different browser and went through the stages of exactly the same booking with exactly the same company (only without entering the code) - and the normal rate came up as around $300 cheaper (around $30/day)! :crazy:

I then searched around the hire car company's website, and found a special that applied to the dates for my booking, that took a further $100 off the normal pricing - which is about $40/day cheaper than using the Ambassador Card promo "deal".

For those who know how these bulk loyalty cards actually operate, you may not be too surprised.... Just thought I should put this example in this thread as a word of warning to Members, to check things out before automatically using your Ambassador Card - as it may not always save you money.

Great point.

Only thing I can mention is that the cards are given to us in November and December last year.

I reckon that hire car place would of decided in Feb that for the month of April we will have a special and then May prices will be normal where the Ambassador card applies all year at a discounted rate.

I wouldn't have a clue where to use the card at

born an eel

Bench
a lot of the discounts can be sourced at other places, either on the net through cudo etc or by cards like NRMA.

.-) Daneel

Juniors

Im going straight to Q15, because this is what annoys me most about my game day experience. Dead set, an idiot could run the stadium better than this mob does. My points are relevant to Mick Cronin Stand as my membership is there, however some of the point could be carried over to KT Stand, particularly from a catering perspective.

1) Better use of behind MC stand! Its such an open area, yet it is dark and dingey! Zero atmosphere before a game! They need to work on the areas that they have already, being an outdoor cafe (be it tiny) and a sometimes used bar, and utilise the area better. People would be more than happy to socialise here, but its just not conducive to it.

2) Toilet facilities. Pathetic by 2011 standard. There is at least 5 meters outside the toilet area that is not used, and would be perfect for straight out extensions. people are forced to cram through tiny door ways, wait for 4 or 5 sinks, use 4 or 5 toilets, and a cramped urinal area. Not good enough!

3) Catering Areas!. People are forced to line up at to small entry doorways... these doorways also happen to be the entry to the Bar, so on a busy game day becomes as congested as the lead up to the Epping tunnel, M2 Eastbound! For goodness sake.... change the doors to open the whole area. Change the exchange process, so people walk in, grab the food they require, then pay at registers (preferably in an extended area outside the current doorways).. this will keep the flow happening, and stop people having to wait 30 mins for a bloody bucket of chips.

4) Tables in the bar area. Gees, give the punters somewhere to put their two beers down! Perhaps even a 42" display at each end, linked to the feed on the replay screen.

5) Bar Area - setup railing, entry from either end, where people simply line up in, grab their beer, then pay... similar to SFS. Currently the lines spill everywhere and the place just becomes too congested.

6) BEER/Drink and Food service terrible! Just get someone pouring beers not stop! as many as they can, because I can assure you they will be bought and drunk. how hard is that??!!

7) standard of food. Probably reflects the rest of the facilites at Parra Stadium...... ordinary!

What gets me most is that the Stadium is such a great place to watch football, and a great atmosphere, but the viewing experience is let down once someone leaves their seats - Toilet/Bar/Food/Food Purchase/Common Areas etc are terrible.

Some major changes to those running the facilities, and building additions to the toilet and catering areas are a must!!

Anyway just my two cents worth :)

hybrideel

Bench

I did actually look at all the possibilities bartman. The first 2 times i just did an overnight hire so only saved $15 on the standard rate but next week i'm hiring a luxury car for 3 days and saving $275 on the standard price. There may be better deals out there but i'm pretty happy with that

Latest posts