What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memo to Nathan Hindmarsh

PB

Bench
at half time in Premier League today Hindmarsh recieved the M-O-M award for last week. in a brief interview he mentioned that it was disapointing not to see a few more faces in the crowd this week.

Memo reads as follows;

Nathan, three things
1. You were interviewed an hour before kick off
2. Don't bitch to us, we are the ones there
3. Would you pay your hard earned to turn up and watch that crap!?

Nathan, as they say, sort your own back yard out first champ. Your a great player, a superstar. But your an average captain, and supporting a club is one thing, but if you blokes aren't going to perform why would people show up?

PIG

Juniors
nöyd said:
big call :lol:

far out of all the things to bitch about. Somehow a throw away line by him saying he thought he'd see more faces in the crowd leads to him being a bad captain etc...

what a joke

bartman

Immortal
I think he had a big think about the crowd comment before he made it actually. He was standing there waiting for the mic to work for long enough he probably planned what he wanted to say?

He's probably trying to point out that morale is a bit down at the moment and the players need all the support they can get to help them motivate and perform better. With a head coach and two assistants all apparently looking for other jobs, there can't be much positive spirit around the place...

The crowd did turn up for kick off time, so when they ran out in the first half, Nathan and the team would have felt better about what they saw. Doesn't explain the second half though :(

PB

Bench
Maybe it is a mood point in light of the team performance.

But he often gripes about parramatta supporters, usually the ones like you pig who bitch and moan. If he has a fault it is that the never takes any responsibility when the team is playing like crap! Just blames supporters for not supporting.

PIG

Juniors
PB said:
Maybe it is a mood point in light of the team performance.

But he often gripes about parramatta supporters, usually the ones like you pig who bitch and moan. If he has a fault it is that the never takes any responsibility when the team is playing like crap! Just blames supporters for not supporting.

Geezus- it was a comment on the size of the crowd- not a criticism of the supporters.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Does the crowd really do jack, though?

I ask because I like sitting up the front, because I always felt like my obnoxious voice would help raise their spirits.

Hasn't worked since the Cowboys gaem last year...

bartman

Immortal
PB said:
If he has a fault it is that the never takes any responsibility when the team is playing like crap! Just blames supporters for not supporting.
Yeah, it is a moot point in a game where it ends up like that one.

Can't expect him to openly bag his teammates on the mike - although he very nearly did, with his answer about how he hoped he didn't have to do 63 tackles this week, and that he could get to do more than 3 hit-ups. But I feel for Hindy, he tackles himself to a standstill week in week out, while many around him can't seem to hold their own in that department. He's probably feeling very frustrated as a player atm, but focuses that on the externals like crowds or negaitivity?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I thought the players were good.

The real problem appears to be the crowd. I thought we started off ok but really started to lack intensity in the second half. I know I really could have waved my flag a few more times and I don' think I'm the only one guilty around here either. A couple more cheers and a bit more yelling at the ref, who knows what might have happened.I do believe we the crowd really need to lift our game.

TheParraboy

Staff member
PB said:
at half time in Premier League today Hindmarsh recieved the M-O-M award for last week. in a brief interview he mentioned that it was disapointing not to see a few more faces in the crowd this week.

I reckon the ghost writer for Hindy today was Mr Denis Fitzgerald :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
14,000 at home for a local derby was pretty piss poor.... and Penrith fans made a lot more noise for the majority of the game ( and not just the second half). An hour before kick off isn't a great time to make the point but he does have one.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
14,000 at home for a local derby was pretty piss poor.... and Penrith fans made a lot more noise for the majority of the game ( and not just the second half). An hour before kick off isn't a great time to make the point but he does have one.

The players have to start giving the fair-weathers something to cheer about.
The die-hards will always turn up.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
The Colonel said:

well,

The Bangers test match started at 2pm today

:lol: ;-)

PB

Bench
Suitman said:
The players have to start giving the fair-weathers something to cheer about.

Suity

To be fair It's not just fair weather i think Suity. Not everyone earns $400,000 a year like Mr Hindmarsh. So when the team are playing like they did yesterday, i can understand why there are so few suppporters.

He is going to be even less pleased in a couple of weeks when there are more Tigers fans in the stadium than Eels fans, and whose fault will that be Hindy? Or should we all spend all our cash and turn up regardless of how p!ss poor the team plays!

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:

Suity

The number of STH "diehards" that heaped sh*t about sacking Smith on myself and other staff have said they won't. Not really sure what I can do about it. :roll:

Unfortunately too many can't cop the bad and only expect the good......

The Colonel

Immortal
PB said:
Or should we all spend all our cash and turn up regardless of how p!ss poor the team plays!

Yes. That is what a supporter does. The Cowboys are winning and I think I saw some new jerseys in at Peter Wynns.... maybe those that can't hack a loss should go down there. In the end you end up with a lot of different coloured jerseys in your cupboard. I'm pissed with the result but I'll still turn up regardless.

Latest posts