What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memo to Nathan Hindmarsh

Nikki

Coach
Nathans the only one doing any phucken work out there so you might wanna whinge about someone else mate. He is only human and when expected to do the same amount of work week in and week out he is gunna get tired. The poor bastard walked up to the press conference like an old man yesterday afternoon. He had to put both feet on the same step before he could take on the next one. Not a sight you really wanna see from a 26 year old guy. So change the record coz last time I checked there were 17 guys out there.

James_Hardie

Juniors
I usually only read these forums but i have a question?

Why are you considered only a fair-weather supporter if you don't go to every game?

I earn 40,000 a year and have plenty of expenses i can't avoid so my disposable income is not that great.

I love the Eels, and i was there on Sunday (all day and i actually thought Hindmarsh's comments were a bit wierd), and if they had won I would probably go again next Friday night. But i have to way it up now as much as I enjoy going to the football, I know how I felt when i left the Stadium on Sunday, and I am not sure I want to waste my money like that again when I could use it in another way.

Hellsy

Immortal
James_Hardie said:
I usually only read these forums but i have a question?

Why are you considered only a fair-weather supporter if you don't go to every game?

I earn 40,000 a year and have plenty of expenses i can't avoid so my disposable income is not that great.

I love the Eels, and i was there on Sunday (all day and i actually thought Hindmarsh's comments were a bit wierd), and if they had won I would probably go again next Friday night. But i have to way it up now as much as I enjoy going to the football, I know how I felt when i left the Stadium on Sunday, and I am not sure I want to waste my money like that again when I could use it in another way.

A true fair-weather supporter is one that only attends games when the club is winning and comes out as though they have been supporting them the entire time through good and bad.
If you are unable to afford to attend games or distance keeps you away then that is a different matter all together

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nikki said:
Nathans the only one doing any phucken work out there so you might wanna whinge about someone else mate. He is only human and when expected to do the same amount of work week in and week out he is gunna get tired. The poor bastard walked up to the press conference like an old man yesterday afternoon. He had to put both feet on the same step before he could take on the next one. Not a sight you really wanna see from a 26 year old guy. So change the record coz last time I checked there were 17 guys out there.

Was that in response to me?

Because, as much of a legend as he may be, his hit-ups were soft on Sunday. He didn't make any ground.

Now, I don't know if he was injured or not...He probably was - he doesn't run that softly when he's 100%...

Point is...Eels, there are SIX forwards in the team - why don't you other guys pull out your fingers?

I exclude Riddell, Tsoulos and Taia, who all had good games.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
hindy works himself to a standstill in defence thats why!
*i miss ian hindmarsh* :(

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:
hindy works himself to a standstill in defence thats why!
*i miss ian hindmarsh* :(

realisticaly I think he misses Moro, who's the best backrower outside Nathan that we've had since Ian and Bobby..

Eelementary

Post Whore
That could be true...

But Morro didn't play against the Cowboys, and I thought that, despite making a ridiculous 63 tackles, Hindmarsh still looked dangerous in attack.

Against Penrith, we didn't see any of his trademark strength. So I was wondering whether he was feeling a bit of tenderness in the knee or something...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
That could be true...

But Morro didn't play against the Cowboys, and I thought that, despite making a ridiculous 63 tackles, Hindmarsh still looked dangerous in attack.

Against Penrith, we didn't see any of his trademark strength. So I was wondering whether he was feeling a bit of tenderness in the knee or something...

that's what made the cowbouys game so difficult to swallow, the fact a bloke like moro would of or could of made a difference alone.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's true...

On the positive side, though - it looks as though we've uncovered a good cover in Taia. Once he and Hindmarsh play together, they'll be better for it. I love the look of:

11. Hindmarsh
12. Taia
13. Morrison

Utey

Coach
Id wait for consistancy before giving Taia a starting spot. I think Robbo may come straight back in. Morro also coming back.

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Id wait for consistancy before giving Taia a starting spot. I think Robbo may come straight back in. Morro also coming back.

35 tackles and 11 hit ups isn't consistent?

He's been doing about the same in PL for the first four weeks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If it were up to me, we'd be:

8. Tsoulos
9. Riddell
10. Robinson
11. Hindmarsh
12. Taia
13. Morrison

Pretty good pack, I reckon. Strong in defence and attack.

Utey

Coach
The Colonel said:
35 tackles and 11 hit ups isn't consistent?

He's been doing about the same in PL for the first four weeks.

He struggled to keep up with the pace. Just saying with the players we have back next week, he may not be in the side.

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
He struggled to keep up with the pace. Just saying with the players we have back next week, he may not be in the side.

Early on, yes. With players back next week though I think there are a few who should go before Zeb does.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Early on, yes. With players back next week though I think there are a few who should go before Zeb does.

I had a good look at Zeb as he walked of for his first spell and he was really feeling it out there...all he basically needs is a few more weeks to adapt to the pace and the guy could be anything.

yy_cheng

Coach
I would have him off the bench.

But then I didn't think Cordoba should've been dropped.

Should we have a 1-2-3 for the young PL boys who gets a taste of NRL this year?

Josh
Pete
Marcus
Zeb
Brett

I would leave out O'Dwyer and Petersen as I am interested in tracking their performances for the future.