What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Gronk

Staff member
This is my expertise. It’s a complex beast and the Feds are trying to hand responsibility for childhood ASD supports back to the states. @Eelementary needs rest first and foremost so he can be there as best as he can for his family.
Well said. I was actually thinking about respite. Is that a thing for carers within the NDIS space? I know it is for people that provide care for the elderly.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Well said. I was actually thinking about respite. Is that a thing for carers within the NDIS space? I know it is for people that provide care for the elderly.
Sure is a thing. But it’s sort of 100 steps down the track for Eele based on the little I know of his circumstances.
BTW, if you have heard the media reports of holidays / cruises paid for by the NDIS, calling it respite is how they do it.

It's pretty clear that he's a junky and on the downhill. I hope something good happens for him soon.

I think the best thing that could happen for AOK at the moment is a jail term, tbh.

I'm struggling, at the moment.

Little man - who is a beautiful boy of 4, on the ASD spectrum - is lashing out at daycare, and is close to being asked to leave daycare.

He is insisting I either sit on a chair in his room all night, or that he sleep in my bed.

I'm getting 4 hours of sleep a night - on a good night.

I keep thinking, "When will things give me a break?"

I can't keep getting 4 hours of sleep a night - I'm totally wrecked.
I think they might have some assistance like that under the NDIS - as they used to fund some respite assistance for parents under the previous HCWA (Helping Children With Autism) program.

But also hopefully also some assistance for your little man as he's now approaching the key ages for early intervention strategies, which might make things a little easier in his days - and hence also for you as parents - too.