What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

Fein

First Grade
Who is speaking on behalf of the rest of the Rugby League community again?

Just quietly Fein, no you're not...

Most of us couldn't care less if Saints fans want to claim it as #16.

"Most of us" would be using the same poetic licence though EA, would it not?

The underlying point is the NRL see it as 1 for the merged entity.

taxidriver

Coach

fein, instead of ducking questions please answer the following.

1- why did the broader league community keep referring to the previous 5 grand finals lost?

2 -why did the broader league community keep referring to a 31 year premiership drought?

3 - why does the broader league community keep talking about the glorious history of st george and the iconic red v pretty much every time the current entity takes the field?

4 - why does official nrl merchanise talk about established 1921 and 16 premierships?

Fein

First Grade

1- why did the broader league community keep referring to the previous 5 grand finals lost?

2 -why did the broader league community keep referring to a 31 year premiership drought?

3 - why does the broader league community keep talking about the glorious history of st george and the iconic red v pretty much every time the current entity takes the field?

4 - why does official nrl merchanise talk about established 1921 and 16 premierships?

1. No, ill informed journalists did.

2. As above.

3. They don't.

4. What your club does using the NRL licence should be investigated, particularly when the official records are at odds with some hastily prepared, cheap T-Shirts.

NGR

Juniors
This thread highlights our education system has failed in the kogarah/south coast regions...

RockWheel

Bench

What?

I tend to think "the rest of the Rugby League community" has what I said more than covered.

You don't speak for them. For the record, off this thing I haven't spoken to anyone who gives a stuff.

That doesn't change the fact that Saints fans feel connected to 16.

Adding the word Illawarra didn't make them not Saints.

to_ddeath

Coach
I tend to think "the rest of the Rugby League community" has what I said more than covered.

You don't speak for them. For the record, off this thing I haven't spoken to anyone who gives a stuff.

Exactly. The whole point of this thread is useless when you take the huge sentimental attachment
into account. Which none of the baggers, haters & non-St.George/Illawarra supporters could ever comprehend, nor understand.So, to Fiensy/Feinsy/RP_Dogrooters/VonTwatdor/Eion/etc...your words are hollow, and mean absolute
sweet jack sh*t all to us.

T.

Um yeah it does........

If I have to explain to you why you'll obviously be too dumb to ever get it.

taxidriver

Coach
1. No, ill informed journalists did.

2. As above.

3. They don't.

4. What your club does using the NRL licence should be investigated, particularly when the official records are at odds with some hastily prepared, cheap T-Shirts.

1 - denial on your behalf, if you think it was just journalists you don't get out much. feel free to use the search function here as a starting point.

2 -see above

3 - yes they do

4 - so you don't have an answer?

CMUX

Explain how it is rubbish

Two teams have represented St George. Firstly the St George Dragons, who won 15 premierships. Secondly the St George Illawarra Dragons, who have won 1 premiership. That makes 16 for teams representing St George

No one disagrees with the above. It is a combined 16 premierships between the 3 clubs.

St George Illawarra = 1 premiership

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Um yeah it does........

If a person follows club X which then merges with club Y, does the person have no right to claim that their club has won any premierships prior to the merger?

If that is the case, I guess no person can claim their club won any premierships prior to 1997 because it was under a separate entity whether it be the ARL, NSWRL or QRL.

I've witnessed my club get two premierships in my lifetime, both meant as much as the other. That's all that matters to me, irrespective of how morons such as yourself tell us how we should talk about them.

It's great to see you're so passionate about it though, just like Raiders_Premiers, we all know it's burning you deep inside having seen us get the premiership this year. So carry on, continue to act like a fool, how do the grapes taste?

Last edited:
If a person follows club X which then merges with club Y, does the person have no right to claim that their club has won any premierships prior to the merger?

If that is the case, I guess no person can claim their club won any premierships prior to 1997 because it was under a separate entity whether it be the ARL, NSWRL or QRL.

I've witnessed my club get two premierships in my lifetime, both meant as much as the other. That's all that matters to me, irrespective of how morons such as yourself tell us how we should talk about them.

It's great to see you're so passionate about it though, just like Raiders_Premiers, we all know it's burning you deep inside having seen us get the premiership this year. So carry on, continue to act like a fool, how do the grapes taste?

Right out of the goats mouth a merger, a new team.

You can claim the previous history all you want from the extinct clubs, but the new merged club has new records.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah, I really do wonder what has happened to you since you started seeing this Dragon lady friend of yours.

You truly have become a disciple of their propaganda.

Did Dousty slip you T-Shirt or something?

Anyway, to answer your question, this is not even arguable by the way, stmerge have won 1 premiership.

The only thing that matters is what the official governing body of the game says.

Therefore, wankers like juan & co. can argue all they like that it's 16 but it isn't and more importantly, to the rest of the Rugby League community who actually value the games historical records, are safe in the knowledge that a group of sell out tards like many of the old St George fans, cannot re-write history to suit themselves.

See what's funny is that you actually think "what the official governing body says" is the be all and end all, and that Dragons fans must celebrate commensurate with your wishes and theirs.

Bottom line is they'll celebrate it how they want, regardless of whatever remarks you choose to throw. This thread probably makes them laugh more than anything else.

Even funnier is that you need to resort to making remarks about my defence of the Dragons for whatever reason. I figure it's better to not be jealous, which is shining through in spades from you.
"WaidahsPwemiahs"

How amazingly creative of you, as usual.

Please, stick to making pretty little banners. The Merge & 1 premiership taunts bother Stain fans (best shown by the creation of upset fake users), not the other way around you obnoxious fat turd.

If it didn't upset them we wouldn't see so many replies. Period.
Really? Really?
That little gem begs to differ. It hurts you that the Dragons won the premiership. Don't lie.
Who is speaking on behalf of the rest of the Rugby League community again?

Just quietly Fein, no you're not...

Most of us couldn't care less if Saints fans want to claim it as #16.
QFT.

Well done on not understanding ANYTHING about how licensed NRL merchandise works :clap:
Um yeah it does........

So because you say so, we should all stop calling them "Saints" now? :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're still here? Yup. Big oh dear.

Last edited:

Latest posts