What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters
Congratulations on also only having one premiership. Winning in 97 doesn't count, playing in half a competition and before the emergence of the NRL.

I guess we're even. Winning this year felt pretty good, did it feel the same for you when you saw Hornby lift the trophy?

St George-Illawarra 2010 premiers*

And Muzby, time for your medication again mate.

And ARL was the official governing body of the game, so yes it does.

This Year?

Immortal
Baron's just angry cos Newcastle got a sniff in the old boys game and couldn't get over the line.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
St George-Illawarra 2010 premiers*

And Muzby, time for your medication again mate.

And ARL was the official governing body of the game, so yes it does.
In a competition which no longer exists, and another premiership with numerous players who were taking illicit substances or performance enhancing drugs*

The only thing that matters is that this sits in our cabinet...
2007-9-2-72079674.jpg

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm just an interested and bemused spectator on this debate but anyone using the 'you didn't beat the storm' angle are just clutching at straws to say the least. The dragons didn't have to beat the storm to win the title because the storm were found to have CHEATED and were stripped of all points because their team was ILLEGALLY assembled. They played outside the rules of the competition and so were not part of the competition.

I'm just an interested and bemused spectator on this debate but anyone using the 'you didn't beat the storm' angle are just clutching at straws to say the least. The dragons didn't have to beat the storm to win the title because the storm were found to have CHEATED and were stripped of all points because their team was ILLEGALLY assembled. They played outside the rules of the competition and so were not part of the competition.

I just find it amusing that you's are happy to take a premiership thats not beating the storm in the GF while Manly and Parramatta turned their noses up at it.

After 12 years and zero premierships I guess you were desperate.

skeepe

Immortal
I just find it amusing that you's are happy to take a premiership thats not beating the storm in the GF while Manly and Parramatta turned their noses up at it.

Newcastle didn't beat Brisbane in 1997 on their way to the trophy.

In 2001, Newcastle failed to win against the Northern Eagles or Bulldogs, yet nobody is questioning that title.

Looks like Newcastle should have an asterisk next to both of their premierships, going by your logic.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Because nobody likes arrogant liars.
You mean like someone who claims to be arguing for reasons of morality?

When in fact, you are just hurting over Saints winning the premiership, and celebrating it.

Don't lie, it's abundantly clear you're having a hard time dealing with it.

The real funny thing is watching the haters now getting more uptight and attempting to 'prove' their point, whatever it is. lol

I've seen sore losers before, but this takes the cake.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Newcastle didn't beat Brisbane in 1997 on their way to the trophy.

In 2001, Newcastle failed to win against the Northern Eagles or Bulldogs, yet nobody is questioning that title.

Looks like Newcastle should have an asterisk next to both of their premierships, going by your logic.

Don't talk sense skeepe, he won't get it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

The Canberra Raiders haven't won a premiership since 1994, 16 years ago. We are presently hoping to get our 4th premiership in the not to distant future. We have never played the storm in a grand final although if we do we'd be happy to beat them.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's extraordinary the lengths they go to try and devalue another club's premiership.

Two words for it: sore losers.

The sore losers will deny it, but there can be no other explanation.

Would the asterix mob be saying the same thing if their team won the 2010 comp? Of course not.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Would the asterix mob be saying the same thing if their team won the 2010 comp? Of course not.

god no.. hell, i think fein would have the same reaction as all of us if souffs acutally managed to win...

shocked.png

Fein

First Grade
maybe so..

but if we do that, better throw one next to brisbane's 2006 title..

they didn't defeat us that year...

:lol::lol:

I wasn't aware a team containing many of the best players in the game were excluded from winning the premiership in 2006.

SoftSydney

Juniors
See what's funny is that you actually think "what the official governing body says" is the be all and end all, and that Dragons fans must celebrate commensurate with your wishes and theirs. :lol:

YES what the official governing body says is the last stop just ask the storm and the Bulldogs! We just cant make things us as we go along to suit what we like want or need.

As for the thread it has massive relevance, it is not about hating or staining the GF its about statistics.

Statistics are very important part of the game! We have a score in each game, that score/stat eventually takes two teams to a GF. Hence each year a team is awarded a GF of which a tally is kept for the "premiership race" and we roll around again and again! The GF tally needs to be statistically correct and must have integrity.

Its that pure and simple, all your posts thus far on this thread have been meaningless with no substance. Many people love the statistical aspect of sport, I certainly do.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
YES what the official governing body says is the last stop just ask the storm and the Bulldogs! We just cant make things us as we go along to suit what we like want or need.

As for the thread it has massive relevance, it is not about hating or staining the GF its about statistics.

Statistics are very important part of the game! We have a score in each game, that score/stat eventually takes two teams to a GF. Hence each year a team is awarded a GF of which a tally is kept for the "premiership race" and we roll around again and again! The GF tally needs to be statistically correct and must have integrity.

Its that pure and simple, all your posts thus far on this thread have been meaningless with no substance. Many people love the statistical aspect of sport, I certainly do.

statsitically speaking, you're an idiot..

to_ddeath

Coach

Amen. Logic finally prevails.

T.

Fein

First Grade
yes what the official governing body says is the last stop just ask the storm and the bulldogs! We just cant make things us as we go along to suit what we like want or need.

As for the thread it has massive relevance, it is not about hating or staining the gf its about statistics.

Statistics are very important part of the game! We have a score in each game, that score/stat eventually takes two teams to a gf. Hence each year a team is awarded a gf of which a tally is kept for the "premiership race" and we roll around again and again! The gf tally needs to be statistically correct and must have integrity.

Its that pure and simple, all your posts thus far on this thread have been meaningless with no substance. Many people love the statistical aspect of sport, i certainly do.

qft.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
As for the thread it has massive relevance
:lol:

You keep telling yourself that Softy.

And you now have it in your sig file too. lol. It really has rattled your cage.

FTR softy, lots of people know the NRL's current stance on this. To you, I can see it's a revelation.

This is the same NRL that was established in 1998 as a joint venture of SL and ARL, and yet they were able to adopt all the NSWRL records going back to 1908. So Super League, the ARL and the NSWRL and the records all continue as part of the NRL competition. I have no isues with this. But you are the self proclaimed lover of the 'statistical aspects of sport', so by rights this contradiction must drive you to distraction.

And this just one of the many contradictions that exist in a world full of contradictions. But people still get on with their lives and enjoy themselves where they can.

Free tip Softy, if you let it upset you, you'll go nuts (moreso). Just relax and allow people to have their views, and I am sure you'll be able to enjoy the ride just that little bit better.

Good luck.

Last edited: