What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

SoftSydney

Juniors
St. George Ilawarra

St_George_Illawarra_Dragons_logo.jpg

Club information

Full name

St George Illawarra
Rugby League Football Club

Nickname(s)

Saints, steelers, dragons, red-v.

Founded

23 September 1998

Current details

Ground(s)

Jubilee Oval (21,000)
WIN Stadium (20,000)

CEO(s)

Peter Doust

Coach(s)

Captain(s)

Competition

Home colours

Away colours

Records

Premierships

1 (2010) :lol::lol:

Runners-up

1 (1999)

2 (2009, 2010)

0 (0)

Most capped

226 - Ben Hornby

Most points

665 - Jamie Soward

How about this rain today

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You sure it's not Dolls Point or Brighton?
Being geographically challenged must a side effect of paranoia.

First you said it was Jubilee Avenue - that must be Jubilee Beach to the side.

You don't know your Sydney suburbs too well, especially those within cooee of the South Sydney footprint.

You posted the pic.

OK, who wants to tell the stench the name of the suburb?

Obviously he has no idea.

Here's a hint:

---n--

You can buy a vowel if you like. Just say the number 16.

0.jpg

Last edited:

juanfarkall

Coach
YES what the official governing body says is the last stop just ask the storm and the Bulldogs! We just cant make things us as we go along to suit what we like want or need.

As for the thread it has massive relevance, it is not about hating or staining the GF its about statistics.

Statistics are very important part of the game! We have a score in each game, that score/stat eventually takes two teams to a GF. Hence each year a team is awarded a GF of which a tally is kept for the "premiership race" and we roll around again and again! The GF tally needs to be statistically correct and must have integrity.

Its that pure and simple, all your posts thus far on this thread have been meaningless with no substance. Many people love the statistical aspect of sport, I certainly do.

Should teams which do not win a Grand Final count as Premiers or should they have an asterisk ?

Dragon Dave

Bench
It's funny because I believe my team has won 16 premierships and I could not care less what you guys believe.

Yet you are researching about our club, dedicating signatures, and devoting your lives to a 50 page thread on how much you care about our beliefs.

It was funny, now it's kinda sad. Surely something is going on at your club? I mean, I can't even tell which club Softie goes for? He has a chick as his avatar and a Dragons signature....

juanfarkall

Coach
Maybe I should get a spoon so u can eat my arse?

Is it the same deal for Drugcastle fans as it is for their players ?
if so you should have plenty of spoons about the house albeit with a powdery residue....

I will pass on the kind offer thanks.
perhaps if you apply some peanut butter you might get a lick or two in Canberra

juanfarkall

Coach
Funny how 50uffs fans avoid talking about the way they sold George (and their own club) out for a handful of coins, a bunch of promises and merchandise worn by murderers.

Yet they take issue with our 16th Premiership win.

Premierships and haters.. the gifts that keep on giving.

SoftSydney

Juniors
It's funny because I believe my team has won 16 premierships and I could not care less what you guys believe.

Yet you are researching about our club, dedicating signatures, and devoting your lives to a 50 page thread on how much you care about our beliefs.

It was funny, now it's kinda sad. Surely something is going on at your club? I mean, I can't even tell which club Softie goes for? He has a chick as his avatar and a Dragons signature....

You can believe anything you want, the only thing that counts and reflects the truth is the official NRL GF tally which has you at 1 xox

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Softy, the NRL tally is a premiership tally, not a Grand Final (GF) tally. If you wish to argue a point, you need to get it right.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Were you worried that all previous posts in this thread would cease to exist?

Not at all mate, the thread should not have been merged I presented concrete facts, someone tried to hide it imo. Besides you requested it lol, no matter its a great thread which we can keep going till the trials start next year :D thnx champ

SoftSydney

Juniors
Softy, the NRL tally is a premiership tally, not a Grand Final (GF) tally. If you wish to argue a point, you need to get it right.

Throw something at me that I can chew on..... have a good go, thats too petty to bother about you know what I meant by it anyways.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wooosh!

Look up sunshine. Quick, before it goes completely over your head.

Not at all mate, the thread should not have been merged I presented concrete facts, someone tried to hide it imo.
Hide it? lol.

Paranoia seems to a common amongst the sore losers.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Wooosh!

Look up sunshine. Quick, before it goes completely over your head.

Hide it? lol.

Paranoia seems to a common amongst the sore losers.

The truth will set you free willow besides I think you have a soft spot for softy :ls:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Throw something at me that I can chew on..... have a good go, thats too petty to bother about you know what I meant by it anyways.
Well you're the self proclaimed lover of "statistical aspects of sport" - you words.

If you are attempting to argue a point along logical lines - as you are claiming - and convince others that you are a voice to be taken seriously, then you need to convince people that you have done some real research.

Free tips:
1. Understand the historical definition between premierships and grand finals.
2. Don't ever, ever use Wikipedia as a source. It just makes you look like a complete novice.
3. Accept the fact (and it is a fact) that sometimes rules, laws and official records are open to scrutiny and debate.

Hope that helps.

juanfarkall

Coach
Originally Posted by SoftSydney
Not at all mate, the thread should not have been merged I presented concrete facts, someone tried to hide it imo.

So unless the concrete is of a poor standard you should be able to present your "facts" again yes ?

BTW I believe that the "Wiki" brand of concrete is rather watery

Latest posts