What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

SoftSydney

Juniors
Well you're the self proclaimed lover of "statistical aspects of sport" - you words.

If you are attempting to argue a point along logical lines - as you are claiming - and convince others that you are a voice to be taken seriously, then you need to convince people that you have done some real research.

Free tips:
1. Understand the historical definition between premierships and grand finals.
2. Don't ever, ever use Wikipedia as a source. It just makes you look like a complete novice.
3. Accept the fact (and it is a fact) that sometimes rules, laws and official records are open to scrutiny and debate.

Hope that helps.

Hmmm no not all mate your being trivial

Everything is open to scrutiny and debate but in this case its clear as day. The ruling of the NRL states 1 we can go around in circles post funny pictures write each other off but that wont change a thing.

Fein

First Grade
Being geographically challenged must a side effect of paranoia.

First you said it was Jubilee Avenue - that must be Jubilee Beach to the side.

You don't know your Sydney suburbs too well, especially those within cooee of the South Sydney footprint.

You posted the pic.

OK, who wants to tell the stench the name of the suburb?

Obviously he has no idea.

Here's a hint:

---n--

You can buy a vowel if you like. Just say the number 16.

You said Coogee. :lol:

Is it Bronte?

Or is it Kyeemagh?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hmmm no not all mate your being trivial

Everything is open to scrutiny and debate but in this case its clear as day. The ruling of the NRL states 1 we can go around in circles post funny pictures write each other off but that wont change a thing.

So you are serious.

Where has all the fun gone?

I am saying that the NRL is a contradiction on itself. A competition formed in 1998 that has records going back to 1908.

Meanwhile, the NSWRL still maintains records - just do a little research.

There is nothing 'solid' about this. It is all open to fair scrutiny. It would be a good debate if the sore losers didn't keep derailing it.

FTR Softy, I think there's still hope for you.

Other sporting competitions have managed to deal with the question of joint ventures, mergers, relocations and name changes but still respect the continuation of history. IMO, the NRL has some catching up to do in this regard.

Fein

First Grade
Funny how 50uffs fans avoid talking about the way they sold George (and their own club) out for a handful of coins, a bunch of promises and merchandise worn by murderers.

Yet they take issue with our 16th Premiership win.

Premierships and haters.. the gifts that keep on giving.

Finallyfarkinjuanjuan, 20uths fans are but one of an alliance of laughter in the faces of stmerge fans claiming 16.

Remember you cats sold out and merged.

You spineless sellouts took the cheap option and the millions of dollars (8 Million I do believe) offered.

Some gifts are eternal, stmerge will never fit that category.

Fein

First Grade
lol. Can't believe you took the bait.

You don't know Sydney. Thanks for the confirmation.

Tell us all again that I merged the thread.

You couldn't be trusted to tip the sun to rise.

Bait?

Yeah, sure!! :lol:

juanfarkall

Coach
Finallyfarkinjuanjuan, 20uths fans are but one of an alliance of laughter in the faces of stmerge fans claiming 16.

Remember you cats sold out and merged.

You spineless sellouts took the cheap option and the millions of dollars (8 Million I do believe) offered.

Some gifts are eternal, stmerge will never fit that category.

Point proved again

George must be so proud

SoftSydney

Juniors
So you are serious.

Where has all the fun gone?

I am saying that the NRL is a contradiction on itself. A competition formed in 1998 that has records going back to 1908.

Meanwhile, the NSWRL still maintains records - just do a little research.

There is nothing 'solid' about this. It is all open to fair scrutiny. It would be a good debate if the sore losers didn't keep derailing it.

FTR Softy, I think there's still hope for you.

Other sporting competitions have managed to deal with the question of joint ventures, mergers, relocations and name changes but still respect the continuation of history. IMO, the NRL has some catching up to do in this regard.

In all seriousness when I look at West Tigers I cant possibly add their premiership tally (west + balmain + west tigers 16) no matter how I toss it around bacause I see them as three separate teams. I view the St George Illawarra merge in the same way, I see three separate teams.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lol@the merging of this thread. You're a precious cat, willow

Fein, i merged the threads you stupid and senile old twig

quit being so paranoid

why don't you just piss off again like you did after the GF

tree molesting wanker
lol.

So no retraction from the stench?

No surprise. Paranoid fellas are normally pretty gutless.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In all seriousness when I look at West Tigers I cant possibly add their premiership tally (west + balmain + west tigers 16) no matter how I toss it around bacause I see them as three separate teams.
Well I have never told WT supporters how they should celebrate their history.

I did see a youtube video where a few WT fans were calling it 16 premierships when they won, it was to mock Saints supporters after they beat us in the preliminary final.

Quite frankly I didn't even think to argue that point. It was their year and they could celebrate it any way they liked.

To be honest, I was impressed with the passion.
SoftSydney said:
I view the St George Illawarra merge in the same way, I see three separate teams.
St George and Illawarra exist in the Joint Venture. That's how the majority of Dragons fans view it - you only had to be at the grand final to see it. And the club journal called it 'sweet sixteen'.

I don't expect everyone to agree, that's their choice. But I suspect that most opposition supporters just don't care either way.

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
lol.

So no retraction from the stench?

No surprise. Paranoid fellas are normally pretty gutless.

:lol:

I missed this!!!

Meh, ED is a gibberer and you are a knob gobbler.

Same old, same old.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:lol:

I missed this!!!

Meh, ED is a gibberer and you are a knob gobbler.

Same old, same old.
The stench: makes a nervous giggle, claims ignorance, makes regrettable remarks, not able to admit that it got it wrong.
Paranoid.

SoftSydney

Juniors
Well I have never told WT supporters how they should celebrate their history.

I did see a youtube video where a few WT fans were calling it 16 premierships when they won, it was to mock Saints supporters after they beat us in the preliminary final.

Quite frankly I didn't even think to argue that point. It was their year and they could celebrate it any way they liked.

To be honest, I was impressed with the passion.
St George and Illawarra exist in the Joint Venture. That's how the majority of Dragons fans view it - you only had to be at the grand final to see it. And the club journal called it 'sweet sixteen'.

I don't expect everyone to agree, that's their choice. But I suspect that most opposition supporters just don't care either way.

How can you add the stats of two teams and then compare them against the rest? How is that fair or logical? It becomes a farce.
As an example if WT merge again with the roosters, can a roosters fan claim 28? What do you think?

I see the fans perspective but you cant fit a square peg in a round hole.

Fein

First Grade
The stench: makes a nervous giggle, claims ignorance, makes regrettable remarks, not able to admit that it got it wrong.
Paranoid.

Swallow, the deluded leader of Jubilee Avenue makes outlandish claims about premiership number 16 and leads the lemmings to the cliff tops.

Deluded.

:lol::lol:

Ulysseus

Bench
Swallow, the deluded leader of Jubilee Avenue makes outlandish claims about premiership number 16 and leads the lemmings to the cliff tops.

Deluded.

:lol::lol:

and you couldn't even solve the basic f**king calculus problem presented to you several hours ago.
It was there to be solved by a mathematical genius such as yourself Fein.......................
You didn't think I'd miss that while you were talking sh*t did you?

By the way "genius", the answer was f**king 8.
Now what were those letters that went after your name again?, the ones besides F.UCKWIT.

to_ddeath

Coach
Tsk tsk tsk, don't go breaching the word filter you Dapto Dog otherwise you'll get an infraction.[-X

Unless of course you are a merge fan and you'll get preferential treatment from that merkin, Swallow. :p

How's your marriage going? :lol:

Wow, the Blackcourt comic jester of Waterloo is back for another barrel full of laughs......though not surprisingly, he is only funny to..........himself.
Pitiful really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFL407wNhvU

T.

Latest posts