What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
But you see that neither of these entities that form the joint venture compete alone in the competition, therefore as an individual entity they can't claim the prize for themselves. St. George Dragons appear to be doing just this, because they're trying to add it to a collection that were won as a single entity.. hopefully you should get that.....

read it again... slowly...

here, i'll even cut it out for you..

IP rights created by participants prior to or during the project must be automatically transferred to the entity holding the IP soon after creation.

the sgid are quite within their rights to claim this as the 16 premiership for the parties involved in the joint venture...

20knights10

Juniors
You all need to stop reacting to these mergequeen supporters. The more you bite the more they will get under your skin.
It's like dealing with children, if you ignore their pleas for attention they will get bored and stop talking about it.
We all know 2010 was the merged teams 1st premiership, themselves deep down know it is their 1st premiership, but won't admit it. They are harping on about it being their 16th premiership because so many people get irritated by it.
Nah campbo... take a look back through the thread and you'll find it's more dragons supporters who get irritated... ffs one doctor who drives foreign cars even went as far as to inform us that he knows how to build a suitcase bomb..!! most of them are just in it for the sport too though... and dragon baiting has been around longer than the internet.. it just became more of a national sport with it's inception...

20knights10

Juniors
read it again... slowly...

here, i'll even cut it out for you..

IP rights created by participants prior to or during the project must be automatically transferred to the entity holding the IP soon after creation.

the sgid are quite within their rights to claim this as the 16 premiership for the parties involved in the joint venture...
How the f**k is a rugby league grand final victory considered to be an intellectual property? Oh you can type fast.. it's ok really....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
and dragon baiting has been around longer than the internet.. it just became more of a national sport with it's inception...

yes.. dragon baiting is very similar to croc baiting... a game played by fools who are not always aware of the consequences...

croc_attack_arm_2384.jpg

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
How the f**k is a rugby league grand final victory considered to be an intellectual property? Oh you can type fast.. it's ok really....

do you read this thread or just pop your head out like a prarie dog occasionally?

here's what i wrote in the same post..................

i know you don't seem to grasp concepts that well (or the creation of alloys, it seems) but simply swap the words "IP" with "premiership" and you should get it... hopefully..

SoftSydney

Juniors
hmmm gee I think it says first season 1999 for STGI, hmmm cant see 15+1 but I can see that the new club STGI says and I quote " This match bought down the curtain on 78 seasons of stand alone competition as the St George Dragons"

In 1998, Saints were eliminated from the competition in the first semi-final played at Kogarah Jubilee Oval. This match bought down the curtain on 78 seasons of stand alone competition as the St George Dragons became the St George Illawarra Dragons for the 1999 season.
The opening for the St George Illawarra Dragons’ first season in 1999 saw the Dragons take on Parramatta at the christening of Sydney’s Olympic Stadium in front of over 104,000 fans. Backrower Darren Treacy was the first try scorer for the new club, but the first victory did not come until round three in Canberra.
908.jpg

20knights10

Juniors
do you read this thread or just pop your head out like a prarie dog occasionally?

here's what i wrote in the same post..................
The question still stands... how do you simply swap the words while retaining the same meaning..?? You can't because it doesn't... a premiership is not intellectual property?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The question still stands... how do you simply swap the words while retaining the same meaning..?? You can't because it doesn't... a premiership is not intellectual property?

agree.. a premiership is not intellectual property, however the concept and principle is the same... something owned, created or achieved by one party becomes property of the joint venture...

carcharias

Immortal
who cares......
it was a claytons premiership anyway...where in mine and many many others opinions the eventual winners had a massive legality cloud over them .

20knights10

Juniors
agree.. a premiership is not intellectual property, however the concept and principle is the same... something owned, created or achieved by one party becomes property of the joint venture...
Well it seems that in this regard the joint venture disagrees with you...

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=search-results&query=sixteenth

Dragon's official site said:
In 1998, Saints were eliminated from the competition in the first semi-final played at Kogarah Jubilee Oval. This match bought down the curtain on 78 seasons of stand alone competition as the St George Dragons became the St George Illawarra Dragons for the 1999 season.
The opening for the St George Illawarra Dragons’ first season in 1999 saw the Dragons take on Parramatta at the christening of Sydney’s Olympic Stadium in front of over 104,000 fans. Backrower Darren Treacy was the first try scorer for the new club, but the first victory did not come until round three in Canberra.

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=st-george

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=stgeorge-illawarra

picture.php

ANTiLAG

First Grade
actually no, that's an alloy.. a joint venture is where the two entities still exist...

here, read through this carefully.. i've bolded the imporant bits for you..

taken from here:

http://www.dynamicbusiness.com.au/articles/articles-export/what-is-a-joint-venture.html

i know you don't seem to grasp concepts that well (or the creation of alloys, it seems) but simply swap the words "IP" with "premiership" and you should get it... hopefully..

oh.. and one last thing..

how could you???? that's just cruel.

But STGI are not a joint venture in that defintion of the word. You're a merger with ONE nrl license. St George and Illawarra are a partnership. You are one entity. St George is a share holder and Illawarra is a shareholder in St George-Illawarra - you're not a business project. You're a club. A stand alone club with two shareholders.

Also you cannot swap IP with Premiership. Intellectual property in the premiership is owned by the NRL. It is not an asset of St George Illawarra. Iz you on crack? Even if the premiership were an IP asset won by St George Illawarra and you were only a 'joint venture' in a contractual sense, and not a company structure sense then, you only won one premiership. Therefore.... St George has 15.5 premiership. and Illawarra has 0.5. Nemo dat. You cannot give more than you have.

Latest posts