What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I've been called a lot of things before but this is the first time I've been called a child killer lol.

The St Merge antics continue........

i think you'll find that InThatNumber means that you are the sort of person that would prefer fight battles against someone weaker than them, to guarantee a win...

which is rather true.. explains why you go missing any time the debate heats up..

InThatNumber

Juniors
I've been called a lot of things before but this is the first time I've been called a child killer lol.

The St Merge antics continue........

i think you'll find that InThatNumber means that you are the sort of person that would prefer fight battles against someone weaker than them, to guarantee a win...

which is rather true.. explains why you go missing any time the debate heats up..

Spot on Muzby, I don't actually think Baron is a child killer, just stating that if he were to be a Jedi, Anakin would be his character.

Now the Star Wars series has entered into this thread, does that make all the haters the Empire and the Dragons and their fans the Rebel alliance? guess so... I know who wins in the end...

and Baron, I applaud your staunch views and your right to state them, but I won't agree with them ever, just as you will never agree that the Dragons have 16 titles... fair enough...

and the antics won't continue just the premierships...:D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm me taking on about a dozen different St Merge fans by myself is taking on someone weaker unless you's are admitting that you are all slow or something?

Or for once you could do the decent and right thing and admit it was a pretty stupid thing to say.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
baron, you actually don't contribute anything to the discussion, aside from rolling out the same phrase again and again...

and any time the discussion heats up, you go missing in action... so i'd hardly say you are taking on someone weaker in this thread baron..

mrpwnd

Bench
Spot on Muzby, I don't actually think Baron is a child killer, just stating that if he were to be a Jedi, Anakin would be his character.

Now the Star Wars series has entered into this thread, does that make all the haters the Empire and the Dragons and their fans the Rebel alliance? guess so... I know who wins in the end...

and Baron, I applaud your staunch views and your right to state them, but I won't agree with them ever, just as you will never agree that the Dragons have 16 titles... fair enough...

and the antics won't continue just the premierships...:D
No if he were in star wars he'd just be the wanker.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No if he were in star wars he'd just be the wanker.

i think we know exactly who baron would be in starwars..

greedo.jpg

Jason Maher

Immortal
Alright, alright. I've had enough of this pointless argument. St. George-Illawarra have won one premiership, which I enjoyed tremendously, and which ws a thorougly deserved reward for the club's efforts over the last two seasons. The moans of opposition fans made the victory even sweeter. Merry Christmas, and I look forward to number two next year.

CMUX

no one is questioning the fact the dragons stopped being a stand alone club in 1998.

no one is questioning the fact that the dragons played their first season as a joint venture with illawarra in 1999...

all you have done there is simply re-gurgitated stuff that people already know...

what we don't understand is why there only seems to be this strange breed of trolls on LU who question why 15+1 = 16..

No one is arguing that the 3 clubs combined have won 16 premierships.

However, it is indisputable fact that St George Illawarra (the current NRL entity) has won only 1 premiership.

Do you deny that St George Illawarra have won only 1 premiership? If you do deny it, in what years did St George Illawarra win their additional premierships?

carcharias

Immortal
Alright, alright. I've had enough of this pointless argument. St. George-Illawarra have won one premiership, which I enjoyed tremendously, and which ws a thorougly deserved reward for the club's efforts over the last two seasons. The moans of opposition fans made the victory even sweeter. Merry Christmas, and I look forward to number two next year.

aren't you the bloke who changes teams every 2 years though?

Followed 5 teams so far ?

2010Dragons

Bench
20knights10

I have supported the DRAGONS for over 37 years....and my team still exists.

Does the name ST GEORGE still exist? ....answer = 16
Does the name DRAGONS still exist? ...answer = 16
Does the RED Vstill exist.....answer = 16

When the RED V.... ST GEORGE.... DRAGONS ....names disappear from the NRL then I will agree with you.

While there is a team wearing the RED V in the NRL everyone knows, but some can’t accepted it.... answer = 16.

The RED V is unique to ST GEORGE DRAGONS

Answer = 16

mate, we will have to agree to disagree. :D

20knights10

Juniors
and by the way, it's 16.... every Dragon fan from day dot recognises it... doesn't matter what you or anyone else says... the fact is the team we all support has won a GF 16 times... whether it was under St George Dragons or St George Illawarra Dragons... merge, JV, whatever, it makes no difference to me from any standpoint other than my own...

call me a liar, delusional whatever, that's your choice... i'll cry myself to sleep with my Dragons premiers shirt on and the 16th Dragons title DVD playing in the background... sweet dreams ahead...
so what you're actually saying here is that Dragons fans, who were fans prior to the merge, can call it their 16th, Illawarra fans prior to the merge can only call it their first though.... just as it should be....

officially it's 1 premiership though, as it should be also....

20knights10

Juniors
way to shorten something to make the facts suit your argument there druggo..

the full quote reads:

"It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall and its first since as St George Illawarra"
I was asked what stood out... I answered... it's first since being St George Illawarra... meaning officially it's first premiership... key word here being officially...

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm me taking on about a dozen different St Merge fans by myself is taking on someone weaker unless you's are admitting that you are all slow or something?

Or for once you could do the decent and right thing and admit it was a pretty stupid thing to say.

Just had to laugh when I read that - are you for real? I actually thought that you presented a better and less immature argument than the others until you wrote that... I thought wrong.

20knights10

Juniors
baron, you actually don't contribute anything to the discussion, aside from rolling out the same phrase again and again...

and any time the discussion heats up, you go missing in action... so i'd hardly say you are taking on someone weaker in this thread baron..
like "16"..?? :lol:

ShaiGuY

First Grade
inpiring slogan there.

It's actually quite inspiring and an official Dragons motto/slogan. Given that you find it so inspiring, here is a link to the official Dragons website (http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=wallpapers-screensavers)which gives you a couple of wallpapers that you may use which have got the Dragons emplem and the slogan. Just for you they have it with a white or black background. They also have other Dragons wallpapers that you may want to use for to give you inspiration of what it feels like to actually support a Premiership winning team. Given though that you support a team that has not really been inspirational, it is quite understandable why you do not even know how to spell the word inspiring as you would not have had a need for it. Funnily enough though, I am sure that in future after being schooled by the Dragons wallpapers that you will know how to spell INSPIRING.

Latest posts