What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's actually quite inspiring and an official Dragons motto/slogan. Given that you find it so inspiring, here is a link to the official Dragons website (http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=wallpapers-screensavers)which gives you a couple of wallpapers that you may use which have got the Dragons emplem and the slogan. Just for you they have it with a white or black background. They also have other Dragons wallpapers that you may want to use for to give you inspiration of what it feels like to actually support a Premiership winning team. Given though that you support a team that has not really been inspirational, it is quite understandable why you do not even know how to spell the word inspiring as you would not have had a need for it. Funnily enough though, I am sure that in future after being schooled by the Dragons wallpapers that you will know how to spell INSPIRING.

or emplem.. ;-)

2010Dragons

Bench
It's actually quite inspiring and an official Dragons motto/slogan. Given that you find it so inspiring, here is a link to the official Dragons website (http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=wallpapers-screensavers)which gives you a couple of wallpapers that you may use which have got the Dragons emplem and the slogan. Just for you they have it with a white or black background. They also have other Dragons wallpapers that you may want to use for to give you inspiration of what it feels like to actually support a Premiership winning team. Given though that you support a team that has not really been inspirational, it is quite understandable why you do not even know how to spell the word inspiring as you would not have had a need for it. Funnily enough though, I am sure that in future after being schooled by the Dragons wallpapers that you will know how to spell INSPIRING.

Sheguy,

see below.
00000009-wallpaper800.jpg

CMUX

20knights10

I have supported the DRAGONS for over 37 years....and my team still exists.

Does the name ST GEORGE still exist? ....answer = 16
Does the name DRAGONS still exist? ...answer = 16
Does the RED Vstill exist.....answer = 16

When the RED V.... ST GEORGE.... DRAGONS ....names disappear from the NRL then I will agree with you.

While there is a team wearing the RED V in the NRL everyone knows, but some can’t accepted it.... answer = 16.

The RED V is unique to ST GEORGE DRAGONS

Answer = 16

mate, we will have to agree to disagree.

None of us are interested in how you justify 16 in your minds.

Answer the following question.

How many premierships have St George Illawarra won?

Any answer other than 1 is false.

2010Dragons

Bench

CMUG
You must be interested, you replied and quoted.
Answer: One more than the team you support.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

have you read the thread?

countless people have said that it's the 1st for st george illawarra.. and the 16th overall for the dragons side...

there is no debate as to how many st george illawarra have won...

Dragon Dave

Bench

And maybe, after over 100 pages, you may have realised that we aren't interested in how you justify 1 in your mind.

SoftSydney

Juniors
have you read the thread?

countless people have said that it's the 1st for st george illawarra.. and the 16th overall for the dragons side...

there is no debate as to how many st george illawarra have won...

What does STGI say?

And maybe, after over 100 pages, you may have realised that we aren't interested in how you justify 1 in your mind.

What does STGI say?

Seems to me you guys still go for STG and not STGI, STG is just an rsl club now, STI clearly say on their site that the STG is dead.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Seems to me you guys still go for STG and not STGI, STG is just an rsl club now, STI clearly say on their site that the STG is dead.

they say that the st george dragons stopped being a stand alone team..

hardly "dead", wouldn't you say??

btw..

you can wipe your dribble with this:

276368433v5_225x225_Front.jpg

SoftSydney

Juniors
they say that the st george dragons stopped being a stand alone team..

hardly "dead", wouldn't you say??

btw..

you can wipe your dribble with this:

The site says the curtain was bought down on 78 seasons for STG which means dead and 1999 was the first season for STGI.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The site says the curtain was bought down on 78 seasons for STG which means dead and 1999 was the first season for STGI.

god you love your selective quoting don't you..

here's the full thing..

This match bought down the curtain on 78 seasons of stand alone competition as the St George Dragons became the St George Illawarra Dragons for the 1999 season.

but hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good troll, hey softie?

SoftSydney

Juniors
god you love your selective quoting don't you..

here's the full thing..

but hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good troll, hey softie?

Selective is when you dont include this part

The opening for the St George Illawarra Dragons’ first season in 1999 saw the Dragons take on Parramatta at the christening of Sydney’s Olympic Stadium in front of over 104,000 fans. Backrower Darren Treacy was the first try scorer for the new club, but the first victory did not come until round three in Canberra

Opening
first season
first try
first win

Buzby STGI are telling you they are a new club from their offical web site, as someone else posted its time you were told there is no santa mate.

InThatNumber

Juniors
so what you're actually saying here is that Dragons fans, who were fans prior to the merge, can call it their 16th, Illawarra fans prior to the merge can only call it their first though.... just as it should be....

officially it's 1 premiership though, as it should be also....

I think Illawarra Steelers fans would probably claim 1 premiership, as the fact they were not supporting the St George Dragons before STGI means this is the first premiership a team they support has won the comp. They can claim 16 if they want but I am not telling them what to do.
As a St George Dragons supporter before STGI, I will claim 16 because the Dragons teams I have supported since birth, have won a combined 16 GF’s. 15 as St George and 1 as St George Illawarra.
As the “official” body (News controlled) NRL has Saints listed as 1 premiership, you are quite within your rights to back them as any non Dragons fan would. But if you expect me to swallow their offical line, forgive me if I reach for the grain of salt.
The NRL claims all history of the NSWRL competition stretching back the first comp (rightfully I believe), despite the NRL only existing since 1998. So by that rationale, the combined history of the teams know as the Dragons (STG and STGI) should also be combined, ie 16 premierships for a team called the Dragons .
And before someone throws up the situation of the Wests Tigers and whether their previous titles should count for the Wests Tigers, I don’t think their premierships should be combined. They are not the Western Suburbs Balmain Magpies or the Balmain Western Suburbs Tigers, playing in the same jersey as before. As such they can create new history as the Wests Tigers.
St George Dragons becoming part of the St George Illawarra Dragons is a much simpler decision when it comes to recognising the combined history(of 16 titles). Makes it more black and white when you consider Illawarra did not win 1 comp on their own. So I am not claiming titles to which I am not entitled.
Before anyone thinks I am denigrating the great Illawarra, I assure you I am not. In 2010, we could not have added to our previous 15 without the great contribution from Illawarra (and Wayne Bennett of course). I will forever be thankful for our South Coast brothers.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
f**k me.. you just don't get it...

we know stgi are a new phase of the dragons... and they have won one premiership since this started..

overall.. 16..

SoftSydney

Juniors
I think Illawarra Steelers fans would probably claim 1 premiership, as the fact they were not supporting the St George Dragons before STGI means this is the first premiership a team they support has won the comp. They can claim 16 if they want but I am not telling them what to do.
As a St George Dragons supporter before STGI, I will claim 16 because the Dragons teams I have supported since birth, have won a combined 16 GF’s. 15 as St George and 1 as St George Illawarra.
As the “official” body (News controlled) NRL has Saints listed as 1 premiership, you are quite within your rights to back them as any non Dragons fan would. But if you expect me to swallow their official line, forgive me if I reach for the grain of salt.
The NRL claims all history of the NSWRL competition stretching back the first comp (rightfully I believe), despite the NRL only existing since 1998. So by that rationale, the combined history of the teams know as the Dragons (STG and STGI) should also be combined, ie 16 premierships for a team called the Dragons .
And before someone throws up the situation of the Wests Tigers and whether their previous titles should count for the Wests Tigers, I don’t think their premierships should be combined. They are not the Western Suburbs Balmain Magpies or the Balmain Western Suburbs Tigers, playing in the same jersey as before. As such they can create new history as the Wests Tigers.
St George Dragons becoming part of the St George Illawarra Dragons is a much simpler decision when it comes to recognising the combined history(of 16 titles). Makes it more black and white when you consider Illawarra did not win 1 comp on their own. So I am not claiming titles to which I am not entitled.
Before anyone thinks I am denigrating the great Illawarra, I assure you I am not. In 2010, we could not have added to our previous 15 without the great contribution from Illawarra (and Wayne Bennett of course). I will forever be thankful for our South Coast brothers.

Your own web sites tells you that your wrong but then there is the convenient truth made up by ex STG fans. You think you can add two teams stats :lol:, WT and STGI are exactly the same mate!

SoftSydney

Juniors
f**k me.. you just don't get it...

we know stgi are a new phase of the dragons... and they have won one premiership since this started..

overall.. 16..

How can they have 16 when STGI say their first try and first win was in 1999 :lol:

Buzby give it up mate your looking quite foolish as this point.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Your own web sites tells you that your wrong but then there is the convenient truth made up by ex STG fans. You think you can add two teams stats :lol:, WT and STGI are exactly the same mate!

And our own "NRL officially sanctioned" merchandise also says 16 premierships. People are entitled to look on it however they want.

Latest posts