What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters

Joker's Wild

Coach
How can they have 16 when STGI say their first try and first win was in 1999 :lol:

Buzby give it up mate your looking quite foolish as this point.

1st try and 1st win as St George Illawarra perhaps mate

Really dude, your arguement is just as weak as how you percieve the other sides to be.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Your own web sites tells you that your wrong but then there is the convenient truth made up by ex STG fans.

steelers fan here mate..

and even i consider it:

sixteen_72pix.jpg

SoftSydney

Juniors
And our own "NRL officially sanctioned" merchandise also says 16 premierships. People are entitled to look on it however they want.

So it all comes down to a t shirt now, sure u can look at it any way you like but at the end of the day the official premiership tally is 1 regardless of the t shirt.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Your own web sites tells you that your wrong but then there is the convenient truth made up by ex STG fans. You think you can add two teams stats :lol:, WT and STGI are exactly the same mate!

Well if it's on the internet, I better believe it then. Can you hold for a moment while I just pop over to the Daily Telegraph website to get some unbiased info on the Dragons.. you know the kind of info, media beat ups on the 2009 premiership shirts, the locked out Saints fans at the 2009 semi v Parra who were actually Roosters fans dressed in Dragons gear handed to them for the photo shoot.... that sort of thing... you are right.. I better believe it because the internet told me so...

SoftSydney

Juniors
Well if it's on the internet, I better believe it then. Can you hold for a moment while I just pop over to the Daily Telegraph website to get some unbiased info on the Dragons.. you know the kind of info, media beat ups on the 2009 premiership shirts, the locked out Saints fans at the 2009 semi v Parra who were actually Roosters fans dressed in Dragons gear handed to them for the photo shoot.... that sort of thing... you are right.. I better believe it because the internet told me so...

So your saying that the official STGI web site is a fraud LOL mate get in that pocket with buzby he needs the company.

InThatNumber

Juniors
So your saying that the official STGI web site is a fraud LOL mate get in that pocket with buzby he needs the company.

Don't think I would fit with Muzby and the 16 premierships I would be bringing with me... got room for all 18 of us? (me Muz and the premierships)..??

ANTiLAG

First Grade
St George became St George Illawarra in 1999

Thats like saying a pig became a bacon ommelette. No it didn't. It became part of the omellette with the eggs. St George became part of St George Illawarra. St George is a dead ingredient at best. RIP 1998.

Ladmate

Bench
I think Illawarra Steelers fans would probably claim 1 premiership, as the fact they were not supporting the St George Dragons before STGI means this is the first premiership a team they support has won the comp. They can claim 16 if they want but I am not telling them what to do.
As a St George Dragons supporter before STGI, I will claim 16 because the Dragons teams I have supported since birth, have won a combined 16 GF’s. 15 as St George and 1 as St George Illawarra.
As the “official” body (News controlled) NRL has Saints listed as 1 premiership, you are quite within your rights to back them as any non Dragons fan would. But if you expect me to swallow their offical line, forgive me if I reach for the grain of salt.
The NRL claims all history of the NSWRL competition stretching back the first comp (rightfully I believe), despite the NRL only existing since 1998. So by that rationale, the combined history of the teams know as the Dragons (STG and STGI) should also be combined, ie 16 premierships for a team called the Dragons .
And before someone throws up the situation of the Wests Tigers and whether their previous titles should count for the Wests Tigers, I don’t think their premierships should be combined. They are not the Western Suburbs Balmain Magpies or the Balmain Western Suburbs Tigers, playing in the same jersey as before. As such they can create new history as the Wests Tigers.
St George Dragons becoming part of the St George Illawarra Dragons is a much simpler decision when it comes to recognising the combined history(of 16 titles). Makes it more black and white when you consider Illawarra did not win 1 comp on their own. So I am not claiming titles to which I am not entitled.
Before anyone thinks I am denigrating the great Illawarra, I assure you I am not. In 2010, we could not have added to our previous 15 without the great contribution from Illawarra (and Wayne Bennett of course). I will forever be thankful for our South Coast brothers.

Hypocrite. If Dragons have 16, then the Tigers have 16.

Latest posts