What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message to all tigers players

Chris Heighington was p*ssing me off tonight but he did cop one on the nose but the run before he had an arm across the shoulder and was b*tching about grapple kind of made me happy for the bonk on the nose, his discipline was poor as well apart from that was a great game of footy happy to see the Tigers win

one more comment i hate the way Manly played when they trailed the game, yes its frustrating but its no excuse for their approach Tigers showed how to play when behind and thats why i am glad they got the points

With the number of high shots tonight, I thought I was back in the 70s...( ahh, mullets, Torana XU-1s, KB, Grease, the Winfield Cup, flairs, high waisters, Bob Cooper, Wests, Newtown, hills, eskys, black and white programs, black and white Rugby League Week, Frank Hyde, coppers who'd kick teenage hoods up the arse, and high shots...plenty of high shots...)

But the footy's a helluva of a lot better these days...

The Gambler

Juniors
All three incidents that resulted in players being put on report all seemed to visibly shake the attacker. Especially Heighno and Fitzy.

I don't think there are going to be any suspensions, except for maybe Rose.

Ulysseus

Bench
With the number of high shots tonight, I thought I was back in the 70s...( ahh, mullets, Torana XU-1s, KB, Grease, the Winfield Cup, flairs, high waisters, Bob Cooper, Wests, Newtown, hills, eskys, black and white programs, black and white Rugby League Week, Frank Hyde, coppers who'd kick teenage hoods up the arse, and high shots...plenty of high shots...)

But the footy's a helluva of a lot better these days...

I like your 70's recollection, although I distinctly remember the Winfield cup being the moniker from 1982 to 1995.
I reminisce about the rest though, I actually had an all white (no black highlights or bonnet) A9X body kitted LX SS Torana, 355 stroker, nine incher, bond roll bars, recaro seats, race auto tranny with artwork of a rat smoking a joint giving the bird on the rear, memories........... which if that gentlemen in the Chris Houston gets busted thread is reading and who said I didn't know sh*t about the newcastle drug trade, perhaps you'd like to take that car description to anyone who used to buy gear around the foreshore and see if it jogs there memory :lol:

Coppers who would kick teens in the arse need to be cloned and brought back to now though, sort this f**king country out, maybe even multiply them, give them guns, and lasers, yes, they must have lasers.

Flairs and mullets would be cool again, but I think the high waisters need to stay back in 1976 dude.

Bench
Effie being a gracious loser as always, lol.
Mate he gives you guys a bad name,he has no idea,and shoots his mouth off before games,then either gloats or whinges afterwards,you don't need supporters like him.

Ulysseus

Bench
Mate he gives you guys a bad name,he has no idea,and shoots his mouth off before games,then either gloats or whinges afterwards,you don't need supporters like him.

You can pick your friends, you can mostly pick your family (just ignore the arseholes and they go away) but you can't pick who else supports your team.

Some of the tackles seemed pretty innocuous.

BTW can somebody explain the penalty Manly received at halftime? The ref indicated an obstruction but the replay suggested otherwise. In fact, there was no contact at all. Was there a second replay showing evidence of interference?

gerg

Juniors
as per usual the referee missed a blatant forward pass which totally changed the momentum of the game.

Edit;

These days its not about the players changing the game its the referee's.

Please note: I follow neither team but was watching the game with Tigers supporters and they all admitted that was a forward pass.

Dutchy

Immortal
Some of the tackles seemed pretty innocuous.

BTW can somebody explain the penalty Manly received at halftime? The ref indicated an obstruction but the replay suggested otherwise. In fact, there was no contact at all. Was there a second replay showing evidence of interference?

Late hit on the kicker.

Stagger eel

Staff member

and as usual goes MIA when the heat is on, he's an absolute dog and it's no surprise to me that Dutchy and Garts refuse to defend him...

super_coach

First Grade
Maxwell lost control tonight and the blunders came thick and fast going against both teams. Really the tigers were probably the better team but only marginally. Manly forwards were strong but their backline lacked creativity and basically just got to the 5th tackle through their forwards and than went the lottery kick. Where the tigers forwards struggled a little their backline was good.

Iam willing to give Manly the benefit of the doubt on the run of high shots,round one and timing a off

Your all a bunch of filthy divers, who are coached to dive. Pathetic skirt wearing idiots.

Effie you imbo of immense proportions. Did Heighno use fake blood when his nose got smashed across his face? Did the referee sin bin Fitzy for diving or Gorgeous George for being a dirty rotten sore losing thug.

Sometimes buddy, when you lose you just need to suck it up and shut up.