What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message to all tigers players

Danish

Referee
Great comprehension there genius.

My post has nothing to do with diving for penalties. It has to do with surrendering in tackles in order to get quick play the balls. Usually achieved by the tigers by diving forward at the point of contact, fooling referees into thinking that because they got their shoulders past the tackler their diving motion was not a surrender.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I am still trying to figure out what that was for?

Maxwell indicated it was for blocking/holding, the replay showed Fulton never came into contact with a Manly player. If they had of given the penalty for Heighno's late shot on the kicker (which Maxwell did not indicate the penalty was for) it would have been a very very soft penalty, but it was a penalty nonetheless. Man did Badger & Maxwell get some boos when they went up the tunnel at half time, Badger had a stupid grin on his mug the whole time. I thought the reffing was very ordinary, but will admit I have very thick black & gold glasses.

gronkathon

First Grade
it may be a problem to address but I do not think it is as widespread through the Tigers side as you make out.

The one element of the ruck that sh*ts me at this time is how a defending side can push an attacker back 5m in attack and are made to release so quickly as held. Surely a sominant call is warranted regardless of going to ground in that case. it happened last night and the Manly player got a quick PTB and no markers in play allowing Chocmough to steal a easy 12 metres. It happens all too often in games

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Great comprehension there genius.

My post has nothing to do with diving for penalties. It has to do with surrendering in tackles in order to get quick play the balls. Usually achieved by the tigers by diving forward at the point of contact, fooling referees into thinking that because they got their shoulders past the tackler their diving motion was not a surrender.

Danish if you think all our players surrender you obviously close your eye's every time Galloway or Ellis take a hit up, I havnt seen last night stats, but the two of them would of made great mtrs last night. Some of the smaller players do it as they do in all teams, in order to stop themselves from being forced back & into a dominant tackle. Defensive teams put 3 or 4 players into a tackle to try & get a dominant call, its common sense to think a smaller player is going to try & get to ground quicker to stop the 3rd or 4th player coming into the takle & making it dominant.

Danish

Referee
Did I say they all surrender??

I said it is a coached strategy. Its not used on every tackle but whenever fulton, Heighington or a few others take a hit up you'll often see it come into play. The backline also love doing it on the first couple tackles coming out of their own end.

Ellis and Galloway wouldn't know how to surrender.

hrundi99

First Grade
Did I say they all surrender??

I said it is a coached strategy. Its not used on every tackle but whenever fulton, Heighington or a few others take a hit up you'll often see it come into play. The backline also love doing it on the first couple tackles coming out of their own end.

Ellis and Galloway wouldn't know how to surrender.

Please explain why you wouldn't want your team to get quick play the balls?

Danish

Referee
Of course teams want to get quick play the balls, but the way the tigers go about it should actually be penalised through "surrender" tackle calls by the referees.

Thing is the tigers are trained to do it well enough that the refs miss it fairly regularly.

to call it cheating would be a bit over the top, but it is certainly flying in the face of the rules and should be policed more stringently by the refs, as they started to in the 06-08 seasons.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Of course teams want to get quick play the balls, but the way the tigers go about it should actually be penalised through "surrender" tackle calls by the referees.

Thing is the tigers are trained to do it well enough that the refs miss it fairly regularly.

to call it cheating would be a bit over the top, but it is certainly flying in the face of the rules and should be policed more stringently by the refs, as they started to in the 06-08 seasons.

more then most of our players surrender in tackles, i dont doubt they are coached to do it.

problem is its only ever worked for one of eight season the f*ckhead coach has been in charge of us.

TimmyB

Juniors
Yeah, we definitely don't get an advantage out of it. Manly dominated the play the ball last night. Ours were painfully slow.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Your all a bunch of filthy divers, who are coached to dive. Pathetic skirt wearing idiots.

Walterthefartingdogsays.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
1st of all Bullsh*t

2nd off Carney took a dive in the foundation cup- deadset- the cat took a dive from a charge down, stayed down for 5 minutes and suprise suprise was ok to take the kick...POT KETTLE BLACK

:lol: sooking about the foundation cup

Danish

Referee
more then most of our players surrender in tackles, i dont doubt they are coached to do it.

problem is its only ever worked for one of eight season the f*ckhead coach has been in charge of us.

No doubt.

The refs cottoned onto it after the 05 victory, but Sheens never changed tactics.

Now it seems to have worked again last night we'll undoubtedly see him try and push the players to do it more and more.

Its a shame really because IMO it ultimately hurts the west tigers as by encouraging his forwards to surrender Sheens discourages the offload. Excluding Farrah the Tigers didn't have a single forward in the top 50 for offloads last year, and with the pace of your backline and Marshall's ability in open play that is bloody horrendous.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No doubt.

The refs cottoned onto it after the 05 victory, but Sheens never changed tactics.

Now it seems to have worked again last night we'll undoubtedly see him try and push the players to do it more and more.

Its a shame really because IMO it ultimately hurts the west tigers as by encouraging his forwards to surrender Sheens discourages the offload. Excluding Farrah the Tigers didn't have a single forward in the top 50 for offloads last year, and with the pace of your backline and Marshall's ability in open play that is bloody horrendous.

last year at about round 12 bronson harrison had more offloads then our entire starting pack combined.

at the tigers he never offloaded, ever!

nz eagle

Juniors
I have to say that was the worst display of diving, staying down and looking for penalties I have ever seen. every tackle that even touched them on the neck they acted like they had been hung from a tree.

I am sure Manly could have dived and stayed down on 4 or 5 occasions also but we dont do that at our club. Maybe we need to this year.... it seems to be acceptable on these forums to dive your ass off.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I have to say that was the worst display of diving, staying down and looking for penalties I have ever seen. every tackle that even touched them on the neck they acted like they had been hung from a tree.

I am sure Manly could have dived and stayed down on 4 or 5 occasions also but we dont do that at our club. Maybe we need to this year.... it seems to be acceptable on these forums to dive your ass off.

Another sook, FMD they are coming out of the woodwork today.

Thanks for the two points, now f**k off! :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
The new Melbourne storm...diving, grappling, crushing dogs. Bunch of low breeds IMO

Borat.

Juniors
ou guys were just SH*T

No - You guys were just sh*t......bombing lote- the tallest player on the pitch when Moltzen was struggling big time....

Long season ahead for Manly- Stewart gone , Manly GOOOONE

Latest posts