What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message to all tigers players

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Looked like Farah did milk the penalty. However he was pretty awful in the second half, maybe Matai did get him. As for Matai, the goose should not be patting anyone on the back, the amount of the times he spends on his arse holding his shoulder or neck and then is back in action 2 minutes later.

Matai actually has a chronic shoulder and neck injury. There was talk he was going to get a neck support like Tate wears. Matai never stays down to get a penalty. The tackles that hurt him are not even high, its just when his neck bends, so there is nothing to be gained from him staying down.

The penalty and being placed on report was bullsh*t.

GB!

Juniors
Matai stays down every week,every game the trainer is on and treating him,the commentaters are saying he is gone,then guess what,he is back playing again,people in glass houses.

TBH i think its part of his ploy....
sure he has nerve damage, but i've seen countless times where the opposition have seen his clutching a shoulder or neck, they decide to target him and then well....... you know what happens next.

BOOM SHOULDERS MATAI!
he would be the last player in the NRL i would run at (now SBW isn't here)

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
Someone should tell the spastic to stop trying to shoulder charge people then.

Why? I sure as hell don't want him to stop it, I find it extremely entertaining when he belts the opposition. Also, despite his permanent injury he doesn't miss much game time (at the moment atleast) so he obviously knows his boundaries.

MSIH

Bench
It's called trying to win a penalty and I will repeat - I don't have a major problem with it.

You do what you can to win.

And it didn't work. Maybe if your cats weren't mentally weak enough to resort to pussy tactics like diving to win games, you may actually become a threat.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Um actually it did work, as we scored shortly after that penalty.

If you actually believe that staying down to win a penalty is actually discussed as a match tactic you need your f**king head read.

If Farah didn't stay down I would have been filthy. He was hit late and high, it's a f**king penalty, get over it.

I don't agree with the binning, but it was a penalty.

MSIH

Bench
Um actually it did work, as we scored shortly after that penalty.

If you actually believe that staying down to win a penalty is actually discussed as a match tactic you need your f**king head read.

If Farah didn't stay down I would have been filthy. He was hit late and high, it's a f**king penalty, get over it.

I don't agree with the binning, but it was a penalty.

Of course it's not a tactic that's discussed. It's a gene. Farah inherited the pussy gene. He's a cat. You and his parents should be proud.

Ulysseus

Bench

That other guy is right, you are supporting the wrong game.
Hornby had a better case to stay down, but did not.
Moi Moi for the eels, he has had about a million opportunities to stay down, he very rarely does and when he does it is usually because he really is groggy / has copped one on the chin.
Martin Lang used to get up more times than enough after copping some sh*t wrong high shots. (maybe his running style?)

I think most of us just take it as "meh, if he had stayed down he would have got a penalty" when players get back up to get on with it.
To be pissed off that a player has failed to exploit the rules to gain an unfair advantage is truly f**king different.

AND before the question is asked yes I was hella pissed at Soward last year, particularly in the Melbourne game when they were behind and he started to act injured, the best thing that happened in that situation was that Sailor grabbed him and told him to HTFU.
Shame Faffy did not get the same treatment from Skando today.
Diving should be a suspendable offence, if you are crook enough to stay down on the ground for the better part of 4 minutes or so, then serious questions must be asked as to whether you are able to further play in the game with some degree of safety, if someone stays down pretending to be knocked out then plays like nothing has happened serious questions need to be asked.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Of course it's not a tactic that's discussed. It's a gene. Farah inherited the pussy gene. He's a cat. You and his parents should be proud.

The rule is there, he just used it. Boo f**king hoo.

Most players would do it to give their side an advantage, and if they don't then I believe they're f**king stupid. These guys get belted for a professional career they dont need to prove their apparent "toughness" if it means milking a few extra points. What's tough is playing injured week after week carrying a side of spastics around the park for years.

Of course, if he wasn't hit around the head, he wouldn't have a reason to stay down now, would he?

simmo1

First Grade
HT actually does have a point. Why is it that if a player stays down from a high shot, he gets called a cheating grub, yet a player can milk an obstruction penalty or a holding down penalty (both of which happen several times a week) and no-one gives a sh*t?

I would have rathered Farah just got on with the game, but then I guess we all wish our respective teams played the game in 100% fairly... none of them do though.

Patsy

Juniors
farah is a cat - 2 weeks in a row he has taken a dive.

4 weeks ago i seen glen stewart get up spitting blood. but he got up and played the ball and didn't take the dive.

farah barely gets clipped today and takes a dive. but not just him. heighton is just as bad.

PS and hayne is right up there too!!! time to start making these fools look like skirts.

Spot

Juniors
farah is a cat - 2 weeks in a row he has taken a dive.

4 weeks ago i seen glen stewart get up spitting blood. but he got up and played the ball and didn't take the dive.

farah barely gets clipped today and takes a dive. but not just him. heighton is just as bad.

PS and hayne is right up there too!!! time to start making these fools look like skirts.

When did Glen Stewart start playing football again?

STG-Dragon

Juniors
It's called trying to win a penalty and I will repeat - I don't have a major problem with it.

You do what you can to win.

It's called a disgrace and represents the total opposite of what RL is all about and you supporting it is even worse! Farrah is a f**king diving cheat and should cop a sh*t load for it and so should you for supporting it!

I hate players milking penalties, but as it's been said, why is diving any worse than running into decoys to milk an obstruction penalty?

That being said, Matai's reaction to the dive was dumb, he deserved to get binned for being a moron.

Patsy

Juniors
It's called a disgrace and represents the total opposite of what RL is all about and you supporting it is even worse! Farrah is a f**king diving cheat and should cop a sh*t load for it and so should you for supporting it!

perfectly said - guys like farah are turning the great game of RL into a game for skirts. get up & play the ball son and then lay down if you are injured.

Latest posts