What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message to Manly

Hutty1986

Immortal
Haha eat S**T jealousy is a curse can't blame alot of you though id hate to see a team like Melbourne or the choke with such a gun side, the two best halves in the comp sewn up long term and a player loyalty that can't be matched with most clubs just revolving doors! Come on Sunday let the dynasty begin!

lol, who are "the choke"? Somehow I think you might evaporate if manly get done on Sunday.. just a hunch

Noa

First Grade
Haha eat S**T jealousy is a curse can't blame alot of you though id hate to see a team like Melbourne or the choke with such a gun side, the two best halves in the comp sewn up long term and a player loyalty that can't be matched with most clubs just revolving doors! Come on Sunday let the dynasty begin!

Nothing for 6 years then 2 posts in 1 day. Mister Love is on fi-yah !

MisterLove

Juniors
Nothing for 6 years then 2 posts in 1 day. Mister Love is on fi-yah !

Yeah I signed up a while ago I usually get on most days and have a read about Whats going on and have a laugh at what some of the dribblers have to say, But after the "message to manly" post I had to say Something! Who does good ol rockin Ronny support anyway?

Tweek

Juniors
Wow, dragons fans got off easy compared to what manly are copping right now

Probably because Dragons played the Roosters, not exactly a liked side either.

Manly are against warriors, and nobody really has any dislike for them so are jumping on board the warrior wagon.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yeah I signed up a while ago I usually get on most days and have a read about Whats going on and have a laugh at what some of the dribblers have to say, But after the "message to manly" post I had to say Something! Who does good ol rockin Ronny support anyway?

Being a Manly supporter are you affiliated in any way with a poster called HillBillyJazzer1954?

eozsmiles

Bench
Nobody seems to have realised the worst thing about Manly winning the comp this year. I haven't seen anyone mention it anyway. It is that they look like being better next year and probably better again in 2013. And a more attractive club to join if they keep winning which is only going to make them better still. This sh!t could go on for years.
I'm not getting as wound up as the average footy fan over Manly winning this years GF because they are odds on to make another one over the next couple years. No point getting wild over this one when I'm probably being dealt the same thing next year. Some people around here will dead set blow a woofer valve when that happens judging by the reaction this week. Imagine if they go back to back? Or even make 3 GF's in a row? FMD. There will be some tears around the Front Row Forum. It's bad enough when your own team gets beaten, even harder when your death riding a second one that's going well.

firechild

First Grade
Nobody seems to have realised the worst thing about Manly winning the comp this year. I haven't seen anyone mention it anyway. It is that they look like being better next year and probably better again in 2013. And a more attractive club to join if they keep winning which is only going to make them better still. This sh!t could go on for years.
I'm not getting as wound up as the average footy fan over Manly winning this years GF because they are odds on to make another one over the next couple years. No point getting wild over this one when I'm probably being dealt the same thing next year. Some people around here will dead set blow a woofer valve when that happens judging by the reaction this week. Imagine if they go back to back? Or even make 3 GF's in a row? FMD. There will be some tears around the Front Row Forum. It's bad enough when your own team gets beaten, even harder when your death riding a second one that's going well.

You never know. We might be so lucky as to have blokes like Fibroman and Rockin Ronny top themselves. If it gets to being a 1970s type dominance their heads may just spontaneously explode. :crazy:

MisterLove

Juniors
I did mention a dynasty was on the way a little earlier, you're right though it is going to be pretty for years to come

rednblack

Juniors
Ivan Cleary
PLD T G FG P
92-93 Manly 15 8 50 0 132
94-95 Norffs 37 15 5 0 70

Notice the decline

Decline?
As in, almost double the trys (and about the same average game-for-game)?
JT was kicking for the bears, and Halligan before him - the best goal kicker the game has ever seen, so Ivan was only ever gonna be the "second" goal kicker
He might've been Manly's best kick, but didn't rate as numero uno when he made the switch to Norths. .
Dunno what you're on about.

MisterLove

Juniors
Yeah manly is a terrible place and the women are just disgraceful looking aswell I'd much rather be from western sydney or somewhere charming like that

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yeah manly is a terrible place and the women are just disgraceful looking aswell I'd much rather be from western sydney or somewhere charming like that

Bloody oath they are!

29a778d79f16815ea18ec9457db9540c_resized.jpg

While a couple of hours drive north...

jenniferhawkins1.jpg

firechild

First Grade
He might've been Manly's best kick, but didn't rate as numero uno when he made the switch to Norths. .
Dunno what you're on about.

Actually, at Manly he was only a second choice kicker and also second choice fullback behind Matt Ridge. That is the reason Cleary only played 15 games in 2 seasons and also why he signed with the Bears. He had to take a lesser option since Manly had the best fullback going round at the time.

rednblack

Juniors
Actually, at Manly he was only a second choice kicker and also second choice fullback behind Matt Ridge. That is the reason Cleary only played 15 games in 2 seasons and also why he signed with the Bears. He had to take a lesser option since Manly had the best fullback going round at the time.

Yeah, hate to admit it, but fair point I suppose! Forgot about him! :)
Still, that many goals as a second kicker, Ridge must've been MIA a lot! That's nearly three and a half goals per game, every game!

firechild

First Grade
I would suggest that Cleary was only playing when Ridge was out injured, and therefore was 1st choice kicker in those 15 games. 15 games over 2 seasons does seem like a lot though. I can't recall Cleary being switched to the wing at any time (though I'm not saying it didn't happen. Manly had Hancock and Hopoate on the wing at the time I believe.

Also, 3.3 conversions/penalties per game doesn't surprise me. Manly were pretty strong at the time, it was not long before Manly really started dominating.

t-ba

Post Whore
ROFLMAO.

It's actually pretty funny. I think Warriors fans as a whole would be less cut with a Manly win than pretty much fans of every other club, both alive and dead!