What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Gordon

Frenzy.

Post Whore
OK Seems Mickey Gordon is locked up. A good signing. Quality player with a good dealof versatility.

I'm going to go out on a limb now though.

If he has been given any sort of clause in this contract that says he only plays fullback it will be the recruitment blunder to end all recruitment blunders.

Keep hearing things about it. Reading things. Hearing about these demands at the Panfs etc.

Well the minute you let the employees start telling the boss what work they want to do is the minute you buy into a world of rust.

I don't believe for one minute he here because of a guaranteed position.

Sharpe wouldn't allow it.

I mean, Flanno.

carcharias

Immortal
I have seen him say that story is bullshit.
Total denial.

Reckons he would play anywhere he is asked to.

Big Mick

Referee
Gordon is a team first guy. He wouldn't be making that sort of demand in a contract.

He'll play where it is best for the team.

Special K

Coach
HE remains contracted to Penrith but former NSW winger Michael Gordon may finish the season as a Cronulla Shark. Sharks coach Shane Flanagan and Panthers general manager of football, Phil Gould, have opened negotiations about granting Gordon an early release from CUA Stadium.
Gordon is currently recovering from a broken leg - sustained in round one - and is due back in round 18, nine weeks before the NRL finals. There's every chance he could return as a Shark.
Just last week, Gordon announced he had signed a three-year deal with the Sharks from next season.
Live Blog: Join Our all day Origin Blog from 10am Wednesday.

But it now seems possible Gordon, on a contract worth about $200,000 a season, will transfer clubs mid-year.
The Panthers are seeking salary cap relief so selling Gordon would free-up some cash.
Cronulla want to strengthen their backline so they too want Gordon.
Unlike Penrith, Cronulla still have some room to move under their salary cap for this season.
Flanagan and Gould have made contact but, as yet, no resolution has been reached.
Cronulla would pay the Panthers some compensation for Gordon but won't outlay ridiculous money for the remainder of this season.
One source said: "No deal has been done for this year but I'm sure talks between the two clubs will continue."
The two clubs have another six weeks to find a solution before Gordon returns. Flanagan was unavailable for comment last night.
There are suggestions that Gordon was shopped around as a fullback, not a winger.
Gordon, 28, represented NSW in one State of Origin game during the unsuccessful 2010 series, kicking three goals from three attempts.
Over the past two years, Gordon and Lachlan Coote have battled for the Penrith number one jumper.
During the 2009 season, Gordon showed his amazing value by kicking 23 successive goals. He injured his ACL last year and required surgery.
MEANWHILE Manly remain close to re-signing centre Steve Matai.
Matai has indicated he wants to see out his stellar career at Brookvale.
Cronulla was one club said to be interested in signing Matai.
Manly are also working to retain Tony Williams and Brett Stewart.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...eason-as-a-shark/story-e6frexnr-1226363915263

Get it done!!!!!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Interesting.

I suppose the panthers are better off leaving younger blokes like mansour where he is rather than bringing Flash back. It makes sense for both teams to do this.

I'm sure it will happen.

Poss

Juniors
How about the fact that Jennings is playing Origin tonight and has not been named for Penrith or Windsor. Crazy. Seems the Panthers are desperate to offload him!

HankScorpio

Juniors
Seems like a win-win for both of us really, only downside is we may not get another game to give him a proper send off from Penrith.

Gordon coming into the team just about the time you guys hit the finals (hopefully)... man that's going to be good.

jc155776

Coach
If Panthers season looks over come mid June I am betting he comes across mid season. Geez we could do with him!