What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan quits as Parramatta Eels coach

bartman

Immortal
Bit dodgy posting and quoting facebook updates and comments on a public forum imo - kind of goes against a person's choice to manage their own facebook privacy.

Eric's profile is not open and publicly accessible to all (unlike Guru Sr's).

Hellsy

Immortal
Bit dodgy posting and quoting facebook updates and comments on a public forum imo - kind of goes against a person's choice to manage their own facebook privacy.

Yeah they are private between his 4000+ friends :lol:

fish eel

Immortal

TBH Barty, and this is a side issue to Hages, I dont really see it as that 'dodgy'. He posted it. He deals with the consequences. helen has said he probably doesnt care, and, if he did, perhaps he should limit his facebook friends to, you know, friends rather than any Tom, Dick and Harry. With other stuff that has happened to the swimmers for example, with facebook stuff being reported by the tele - that should have put every league player on notice that what they put on facebook could be picked up on the media. Moral of the story - dont post anything you wouldnt want in the paper.

bartman

Immortal
He has limited his profile so it's not generally viewable to the average joe (through the Australia network), but yeah I take the point that he might have loads of "friends" and probably wouldn't care anyway. At the end of that day his semi-public actions are his responsibility.

I meant more it I thought was dodgy as far as this place is run - posting statements from sources that can't be readily verified by the average person online. People have been booted from here for doing just that, and the poster of these quotes himself has requested they be removed from here.

fish eel

Immortal
He has limited his profile so it's not generally viewable to the average joe (through the Australia network), but yeah I take the point that he might have loads of "friends" and probably wouldn't care anyway. At the end of that day his semi-public actions are his responsibility.

I meant more it I thought was dodgy as far as this place is run - posting statements from sources that can't be readily verified by the average person online
. People have been booted from here for doing just that, and the poster of these quotes himself has requested they be removed from here.

Fair enoughskies :cool:

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, just meaning that quoting Eric's facebook is not the same as quoting Hindy's blog, for example.

strider

Post Whore
and lets not hang Anderson based on that article.

I mean seriously, do you not think it odd, if it happened as Campion says.....that it took 4 years to come out and is still a largely unknown incident? I would have thought even the fact Campion claims to have got stuck into Anderson would have gotten out and been a story on it's own - 'player/coach halftime war'

no i don't think it odd - I would imagine many footballers like campion are not the type to go running to the media about such things, but when pressed on it may have a say

I'm not "hanging" anderson on this - I want him as our coach and have said so in every thread/poll - cos he seems like a guy who can probably sort out our bad attitude ..... I just think that was a shocker of a thing to do and I hope he's learnt from it

fish eel

Immortal
no i don't think it odd - I would imagine many footballers like campion are not the type to go running to the media about such things, but when pressed on it may have a say

I'm not "hanging" anderson on this - I want him as our coach and have said so in every thread/poll - cos he seems like a guy who can probably sort out our bad attitude ..... I just think that was a shocker of a thing to do and I hope he's learnt from it

Maybe not Campion, but there would have been a lot of other people in that room, other staff, players etc that Anderson could have rubbed the wrong way. I'm genuinly surprised, if it happened as that story said, more wasnt made of it.

strider

Post Whore
Maybe not Campion, but there would have been a lot of other people in that room, other staff, players etc that Anderson could have rubbed the wrong way. I'm genuinly surprised, if it happened as that story said, more wasnt made of it.
well it was just a choice of a method to motivate - maybe could have gone either way - had they won we'd probably all hear it was a master stroke ..... but in my opinion its a shocker - I couldn't see a great coach like bennett or bellamy whacking on a recording and standing aside :?

Strangenuts

Juniors
I'm glad Hage's quit, but am a little sad. Parra had a fairly good year under him last year, at least there were some good times to remember while he was coach anyway. He does seem like a nice bloke so I can't have anything against the guy personally. However some of the actions and strategies he came up with last year had me tearing my hair out!!! Too many to list now, and well and truly enough for me to think he did a crap job and there should be someone better coaching the Eels.

bartman

Immortal
You'd think Anderson could have got the commentary changed to have the right opponents though - he had a week's notice of who they'd be playing!

But yeah, I'm looking forward to the Anderson era - I was never this excited about Hagan coming, nor the prospect of extending Brian Smith for another five years.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Watch how much our side improves if Anderson is signed, every single player will be playing at a level not seen before!

I'm excited what he can do with Grothe, Tautai, Inu, Cayless well the blokes that struggled this year.

He will do wonders for nuturing our younger players as well, he will do wonders, i'm confident of a top 4 if he's appointed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
a new coach will definitely still have his work cut out, we're not even a top 4's arsehole at the moment.

2010 will be the year imo.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
a new coach will definitely still have his work cut out, we're not even a top 4's arsehole at the moment.

Anderson won't need aslong as you think Stagger, he has turned clubs around in the short term before, and it isn't like we don't have the talent, this scenario is different from others.

strider

Post Whore

should we book the UK plane tickets for the end of 2010? :eek: :lol: :lol:

i wish i shared the 2010 feelings - but unfortunately i think our window passed by .... our experienced guys are getting on and our kids aren't mature enough I don't think to give it a shake for a while ..... of course who knows what will happen with recruitment between now and then, but I don't know how much room we'd have to move without offloading the older wiser heads

Stagger eel

Staff member
Anderson won't need aslong as you think Stagger, he has turned clubs around in the short term before, and it isn't like we don't have the talent, this scenario is different from others.

what, with the same squad as this year?? a bastard squad that he'll inherit for a season?? I think Jack and Wok would even struggle with our squad..

it'll take 3 years to get to where we really want to which will be when the new coach really gets the squad he wants.

Snoochies

First Grade
What kind of percentage are we looking at that Daniel Anderson will be our coach next season?? 50%, 75%, 10%. Just want to know what the odds are before I get too excited about 2009. Geez, this time last year I was excited for 2008 as well. :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
what, with the same squad as this year?? a bastard squad that he'll inherit for a season?? I think Jack and Wok would even struggle with our squad..

it'll take 3 years to get to where we really want to which will be when the new coach really gets the squad he wants.

Well that's why their was speculation of Hagans job months ago, the general concensous was that we had a side capable of top 4, a combination of amuater coaching, fitness, player selections, player morale due to coaching methods could all be attributed to our bad year.

One question Stagger, how many players do you think have actually improved as players since Hagan came aboard?

Latest posts