What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hagan quits as Parramatta Eels coach

muznik

Juniors
I danced when I heard this....don't get me wrong, I wish Hages the best in terms of his health etc...but f**k it was good news.

Yeah, I was a bit the same. Not that i wish Hagan any ill intention but it scared the crap outta me going into next year status quo !
With regards to the Anderson article & a little OT but..

Campion enjoyed a good career where he played in Grand Finals for three different clubs with only Phil Sigsworth, Genn Lazarus and Anthony Mundine also achieving that feat.

So they count St George & St George Illawarra as two different clubs?
Not IMO. Same as, to me, Beaver is a 1 x club man.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I nearly crashed the work van when i heard the news :lol: I wish Hage's all the best but i just don't think he is cut out for first grade coaching. Daniel Anderson come on down.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I feel sorry for Hagan.

The players should be taking a fair portion of the blame.

Yeah me too

I wish him all the best, particularly with his health and family, which is far more important than coaching a footy side

Lets see what a new coach is gonna do and how long before the many faithfull call for his beheading

Gronk

Staff member
I think we all agree he is a nice guy, but he failed miserably mould a team this year. He had to go.

strider

Post Whore
zing.gif

http://www.rleague.com/db/content/25000/25961.php

Such a shocking half time talk it took 4 years to come out?

Campion must have really been outraged!

TBH, it is an interesting ploy. Wonder what would have happened if the names on the tapes were correct.

Its a nice little emotive Idea, this will be heard when you win sort of thing. Meh.

thats a f'n joke of a thing to do ... seriously ... in a f'n GF you want some supportive and inspriational words from someone you trust, not a f'n tape recorder jibbering

hopefully he's learnt from that ... everyone makes mistakes - life is one long learning experience

noosa-eel

Juniors
I too was shocked when I heard the news even though you knew it was coming. What we need is a coach with attitude and get the best out of this team in 2009 cause we all know we have the talent, but there are a few players running around on their name not their game......:roll:

Bigfella

Coach
How good a bloke is Guru?

The only bloke Hagan made a scapegoat out of all year, and he rushes to his defence!

Avenger

Immortal
It's good to see Eric reads the forums. I don't need to chat with him Eric. Hagan sucks and so did you this year.

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal
You should leave his facebook comments to himself mate. All it's gonna do is result in some media outlet reading it on here and reprinting resulting in another negative Parramatta story. Someone always hears about that sort of stuff ffs.

if Eric Grothe is worried about that he shouldnt post stuff like that on facebook or he should better vet who has access to what he writes.

thats a f'n joke of a thing to do ... seriously ... in a f'n GF you want some supportive and inspriational words from someone you trust, not a f'n tape recorder jibbering

hopefully he's learnt from that ... everyone makes mistakes - life is one long learning experience

and lets not hang Anderson based on that article.

I mean seriously, do you not think it odd, if it happened as Campion says.....that it took 4 years to come out and is still a largely unknown incident? I would have thought even the fact Campion claims to have got stuck into Anderson would have gotten out and been a story on it's own - 'player/coach halftime war'

Stagger eel

Staff member
gee, lucky ole Kevvy Campion didn't play for us in the 81 gf, he would of whinged that Jack said, nothing more than, it's all up to you!! and that's it.

Hellsy

Immortal
if Eric Grothe is worried about that he shouldnt post stuff like that on facebook or he should better vet who has access to what he writes.
He wouldn't care, he knows how many people he has as friends on faccebook and he would not give a sh*t what them or the media thinks of his comments

fish eel

Immortal
Seeing clips of Hagan on Fox, if this was soley his decision, full credit to him for doing it and pulling the plug so far out from the season. He has atleast gone out with dignity and class IMO

Hellsy

Immortal
That is true, better to quit than to be sacked.
Then again we don't know how much pushing went on... but in the end it is all done and dusted.

I'm happy he did it before the season started, gives the club time to sort out the replacement

Latest posts