What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael McGuire - Kiwis coach

WellsNZ

Juniors
Kidwell destroyed the Kiwis. His team was the NZ maoris, not the kiwis. The Tongans left the Kidwells team.

But now that the crux of your argument has fallen to but but Maguire is the coach deal with it you've gotten yourself stuck in this corner where every response is yeah but so was Kidwell lol.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
"put downs" are we on primary school lol?

You've been talking about people crying and sulking because they don't agree constantly.

Did you get used to Kidwell's decisions because he was the coach? Clearly not because you're still "crying" about them right now.
Im not crying. I like the fact that the Tongans could come back and play :) what about you? LOL clearly not. Im not the one stressing. I like it, you HATE it.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
But now that the crux of your argument has fallen to but but Maguire is the coach deal with it you've gotten yourself stuck in this corner where every response is yeah but so was Kidwell lol.
McGuires the coach and hes opened the door to the Tongans and Im for it. You HATE it, you are filthy over it. End of story :) cheer up.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Im not crying. I like the fact that the Tongans could come back and play :) what about you? LOL clearly not. Im not the one stressing. I like it, you HATE it.

No I don't, that's kind of the point. People are expressing their thoughts on the subject.

The fact you seem to take something like that as some sort of victory though is hilarious.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Look we need to get the Kiwis back to full strength. Some might sulk over Taumalolo coming back but we need to think about getting our team back on top.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
No I don't, that's kind of the point. People are expressing their thoughts on the subject.

The fact you seem to take something like that as some sort of victory though is hilarious.
I just hope they all come back for selection. Some of them might get picked and some might not but I'd like to have those guys back to choose from.

WellsNZ

Juniors
If we want a long term strong culture and environment then I'd rather build that on a foundation of players who want to be there above all else. Nobody is bigger than the jersey. If we let guys back who turned it down then it diminishes that. I don't care how good Taumalolo is.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I just hope they all come back for selection. Some of them might get picked and some might not but I'd like to have those guys back to choose from.

I hope they follow Fifita. If they really want to make a difference to international League then stick to your decision and help keep powering Tonga along not just when it suits you.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If we want a long term strong culture and environment then I'd rather build that on a foundation of players who want to be there above all else. Nobody is bigger than the jersey. If we let guys back who turned it down then it diminishes that. I don't care how good Taumalolo is.
Yeah, nah. McGuires chasing them and we need them on OUR side, not in the Tongan team beating us. The Kiwis can be the best in the world but only if we get those players back.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm just happy McGuire is STRENGTHENING our team. Opening the door to the Tongans is expanding our depth. Its also fixing a situation where the Kiwis could lose out on having Tongans play for them in the future. Samoans might follow suit. Cant do that to the islanders, theyre kiwis too.

Ummm yeah, this is exactly my point?

New Zealanders are New Zealanders from New Zealand...except when they say they aren’t?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I hope they follow Fifita. If they really want to make a difference to international League then stick to your decision and help keep powering Tonga along not just when it suits you.
Because of that we may lose a lot of Tongan and Samoan players. The Kiwis will crumble EVEN more because the islanders make up a big part of our playing numbers as well as a big part of our top playing numbers.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Yeah, nah. McGuires chasing them and we need them on OUR side, not in the Tongan team beating us. The Kiwis can be the best in the world but only if we get those players back.

We should beat Tonga with or without them.

You talk about depth. We have depth in these positions, we just don't have a Taumalolo because there's only one. Fus would be a first choice winger with Rapana to me but we have other wingers.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We should beat Tonga with or without them.

You talk about depth. We have depth in these positions, we just don't have a Taumalolo because there's only one. Fus would be a first choice winger with Rapana to me but we have other wingers.
I dont believe we have depth. We saw that tonight against the Roosters and against the Storm.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I want Kiwis of PI descent to play for us.

That is exactly why I don’t want Kiwis of PI descent who rejected us, to play for us. Because they are KIWIS and they preferred to pretend to be something else.

Why do I want someone to play for my country who prefers to play pretend for a country they’ve never lived in?

WellsNZ

Juniors
Because of that we may lose a lot of Tongan and Samoan players. The Kiwis will crumble EVEN more because the islanders make up a big part of our playing numbers as well as a big part of our top playing numbers.

Except that we won't because most of those islanders are born and raised Kiwis (or Aussies even) and playing for NZ is more lucrative.

If anything a harder stance here would keep more players aligned to NZ. It's if you reward these guys for turning their back on NZ by opening the door back up that you run that risk because now more people will see that they can do this and then come World Cup time we lose a bunch again.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Except that we won't because most of those islanders are born and raised Kiwis (or Aussies even) and playing for NZ is more lucrative.

If anything a harder stance here would keep more players aligned to NZ. It's if you reward these guys for turning their back on NZ by opening the door back up that you run that risk because now more people will see that they can do this and then come World Cup time we lose a bunch again.
I recently spoke to a few level 3 coaches and they share this same fear. We have no evidence that we are safe but we do know some youngsters are saying they would prefer to play for Tonga or Samoa and a lot of them even picking Australia despite being kiwis.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I dont believe we have depth. We saw that tonight against the Roosters and against the Storm.

Were the Kiwis playing tonight?

The positions we don't have great depth, which continues to be the spine, isn't where these guys play anyway.

And before you mention Ponga, he isn't part of this conversation. He's an Aussie. And he isn't someone who turned on NZ.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I recently spoke to a few level 3 coaches and they share this same fear. We have no evidence that we are safe but we do know some youngsters are saying they would prefer to play for Tonga or Samoa and a lot of them even picking Australia despite being kiwis.

So if they prefer to play for Tonga or Samoa off you go. Why would I want someone who would prefer to be with another team? But don't come back when you want the money.

I want the island teams to be better because I want international League to be better. I would love it if more guys said f**k the money I want to help Samoa or whoever be a stronger team. But if you do that then own it not come back to the Kiwis when you want to.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
So if they prefer to play for Tonga or Samoa off you go. Why would I want someone who would prefer to be with another team? But don't come back when you want the money.
No these are youngsters. We need to make the kiwis jersey something kids aspire to be. Winning helps a lot.

Im just concerned about the future.

Latest posts