What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

michael speechley??

Big Bloke

Juniors
Great stuff, glad he is ok.

But on the article, and I’ve seen this a lot, what does Dean Ritchie mean by “this masthead?”

Is this a new trendy woke word invented for no good reason?

Great stuff, glad he is ok.

But on the article, and I’ve seen this a lot, what does Dean Ritchie mean by “this masthead?”

Is this a new trendy woke word invented for no good reason?
It's their ego push. They all do it now.
In his case it means The Daily Telegraph, in Weidlers its the SMH.
"first brought to light by this masthead"
"Channel Nine, owners of this masthead"
etc. etc. etc

Big Bloke

Juniors
It's their ego push. They all do it now.
In his case it means The Daily Telegraph, in Weidlers its the SMH.
"first brought to light by this masthead"
"Channel Nine, owners of this masthead"
etc. etc. etc
Thanks mate. Still ridiculous isn’t it? It just sounds so fake, which I cannot stand.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The word “masthead” has an interesting origin. It originally referred to the top of a ship’s mast, a place where flags were often displayed. This usage dates back to around 1748. By 1838, the term was also used to describe the top of a newspaper where its name and other details are printed. This part of the newspaper is also known as the nameplate or flag.

It's just a rehash to be trendy. Like "narrative". I first heard that from James Pooper years ago. Now they all run with it.

Bunch of window washers

Scootsie

Juniors
wow, imagine going about your business and waking up to hear speculation about your life all over the media. Gee thanks mates.
If I was Speechley I’d be telling everyone ‘thanks for you concern, but f$&k off and leave me alone’.