What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt a Sea Eagle - Official

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
MANLY SIGN MICHAEL WITT FOR TWO SEASONS
Manly today signed Parramatta goalkicker and halfback or five eighth Michael Witt to a two year contract.

Witt signed his deal with Eagles executive director Paul Cummings at the Sea Eagles offices this morning (October 7).

"I'm delighted to be at the Sea Eagles - I believe they are a club on the rise and I want to be part of the resurgence,"Witt said.

Witt was released from a three year contract by Parramatta to join Manly.

"I'm aware of who Manly have brought into the club for next season and it is exciting to be coming to a club with so many fine young players and experienced stars like Steve Menzies,Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite.

"I have had discussions with coach Des Hasler and I know several players at the club who speak highly of the professionalism and enthusiasm at Brookvale.

"I have been given no promises but I would love to play NRL alongside Michael Monaghan and behind the pack Manly will field next season,"Witt said.

Manly recruitment manager Noel Cleal said the club has snared an outstanding young player.

"At 20 years of age he is well schooled and one of the best young players in the game - he will be an asset for many years to come with his allround game and excellent goal kicking ability,"Cleal said.

Witt will commence training with the Sea Eagles on November 1.

Manly have also come to terms with sharp young Cronulla halfback Travis Burns who played in last Sunday's Flegg grand final.

Mr Saab

Referee
monaghan at 7 and witt at 6. Not a bad combo. Manly might, just might hit 8th spot in 2005

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Thank you very much Denarse and Brianne
watch this young bloke throw egg all over ure face just like
Andrew Ryan
Ian Hindmarsh
Clinton Schicosfski
Pj marsh
Scott Donald
Willie Tonga
Brett Hodgson
Pat Richards
have when they have gone to other clubs and have excelled.

God i feel for para fans having to put up with a Half Witt coach and a F Witt CEO
I guess Mick was one witt too many at parra.

Special K

Coach
Dunno if he is enough to turn Manly around though. Good signing but still they need more.

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Drop kick try and get the names right 1st who the Hell is PJ Hindmarsh knob??
dont think theres any need for name calling mate
PJ Hindmarsh is the son of
Ian Hindmarsh and PJs Sister or it could just be a typo :D

Not that you should be concerned you are getting
Piggy, Tahu, morrison and pj MARSH

I feel for parra fans being feed the horses##T they have got since 2001 from fitzy and brianne and it only gets worse with Sharp back there.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Umm not

Actually they are targeting Thomas Leuluai who is the Current Kiwi test 1/2 now that Jones has "retired"

Langers

Juniors
Cliffy GC said:
Hurriflatch said:
Drop kick try and get the names right 1st who the Hell is PJ Hindmarsh knob??
dont think theres any need for name calling mate
PJ Hindmarsh is the son of
Ian Hindmarsh and PJs Sister or it could just be a typo :D

Not that you should be concerned you are getting
Piggy, Tahu, morrison and pj MARSH

I feel for parra fans being feed the horses##T they have got since 2001 from fitzy and brianne and it only gets worse with Sharp back there.
I think Parra have made a mistake letting Witt go but it is certainly not all doom and gloom for them. They have some good players joining them and they should be much improved next year. I look forward to our only clash of the season...unfortunately I think we are going to meet once next year, hopefully it's at Brookie!

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Bib said:
i suppose parra will probably make a big money grab for jye mullane now #-o
hahahahaha
i actually think jye may pop up in the centres and do an ok job, hes a good defender he just cant pass or kick good enough to play 5/8 let alone half

Langers

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Umm not

Actually they are targeting Thomas Leuluai who is the Current Kiwi test 1/2 now that Jones has "retired"
In rd 24 Witt completely outplayed Leuluai so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high yet. You have several young halves who I think are more talented than him.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
6. Witt
7. Monaghan...

Maybe not the new Lyons and Toovey, but the best thing we've had since :D Thank you Parra. The 7th player you've given us in just over 2 seasons. Just like -
Leuluai
Donald
Heckenberg
Cleal

have, Witt will make sure you have egg on your faces once more.

Cliffy I'm keen to see how Jye goes in the centres. Defensive is his major strong point and I reckon he would be alright in the 3 or 4. Give him a run in a trial I say.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
The reason Michael Witt got released is quite simple

Smith didn't believe he was the guy to be the club's go-to guy in the halves for one, and two they have signed Marcus Perenara from the Warriors development squad. Plus they also have wraps on Tim Smith and Feleti Mateo is the jnr kangaroos five eighth.

Witt will not be missed, although he will still be a decent NRL player with the Sea Eagles and better than Jye Mullane! but he is no future star that's for sure.

he has to play five-eighth at Manly for mine, as Monaghan thrived in the chief playmaking role on the back end of the season. And they get a goalkicker so it works for Manly and Parra remove the most likely obstacle to bringing Perenara into the first grade squad.

Latest posts