What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt a Sea Eagle - Official

El Diablo

Post Whore
Noel Cleal :lol:

How many teans have won a premiership without Cleal as some alleged talent scout?

How many teams have won premierships thanks to his recruiting??

Manly :lol:

Michael Witt :lol:

Mzilikazi

Juniors
How many Premierships have the Eels won outside of a 6 year stretch in the 80s?

I'm sure there's quite a few inventive ways that we could say ZERO. :clap: :clap: :clap:

eelsta

Bench
Mzilikazi said:
How many Premierships have the Eels won outside of a 6 year stretch in the 80s?

I'm sure there's quite a few inventive ways that we could say ZERO. :clap: :clap: :clap:
my god your a fasinating person your knowledge and intelligence just blow me away please come back soon so as we can all appreciate your wisdom

planeteels

Juniors
Mzilikazi said:
I just thought I'd start a thread where Manly fans could thank the Parramatta faithful for putting several years of investment into a quality halfback and then sent him on to us. Not to mention letting Lyon go so that he'll eventually go our way too.

Thanks too for Noel Cleal. In a few more years you'll have burned off the remaining young talent that he bought to your club and then you'll be true wooden spooners unless you can find a way of rorting the cap like the Roosters.

Thanks too for Scott Donald. Where would you guys have been with a winger capable of 40+ tries in two seasons? Then there's the tireless Daniel Heckenberg who brings tremendous work rate and enthusiasm to the side. Not a bad trade for the lazy and injury prone Cannings that now misses his mate Jamie.

We've really enjoyed having the hit man Kylie in our side too. How you must cringe when you have clowns like Hopkins and powder puffs like Wagon and Vella in your side whilst your Premier League player of the year in 2003 is belting blokes to kingdom come and knocking on the door of kiwi selection.

I could go on but we really don't want you all to go out and neck yourselves. Who could we hate then?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You aren't even worth an insult... pffffft

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we've run out of hand me downs, now manly have no one else to recruit, but plenty of money, apparently

why is that, doesn't every one want to play for Manly

perhaps not

WA Eel

Juniors
mickyj said:
When was the last time a parra half back toke a game by the scruff of the neck?

1986?

2001. I remember both Taylor and Marsh doing it a couple of times.

bartman

Immortal
My reaction after the Witt rumours are now confirmed:

Let's hope that the "support" the Board thinks Brian Smith needs in Peter Sharp (and Daniel Anderson?) will help solve whatever issues have been happening between the coach and some of the players - those players that leave or have wanted out in the long hangover sicne 2001.

I'm sure we only hear publically the best of things (pizza nights and player support for the coach), but with the releases and on-field performances I'm sure that something on the inside is/has not been right. If and only if we (ie the club) can concentrate on and fix THAT, then the rest will follow...

Whatever happens from here, I want Witt to be the last player to (actively want to) leave Parra while under contract. It's just not good enough :evil:, no matter what you think of Witt. Basic fact is we will now be going into 2005 with previuous (long-term) plans astray, without a top line halfback, or even one with any decent first grade experience in the position (and I'm including an injured PJ, Leuleui, Morris etc in that statement). It's not a good place to start from, despite other successful recruitment.

All we have is hope for players that might fill the halfback position well - we need a lot more, and by that I mean we need the club stepping in and using WHATEVER method necessary to fix these mystery "problems" that have plagued Parra since mid-2002. Hopefully Peter Sharp can be part of the solution, and maybe Daniel Anderson as well? But I fear if things don't work out we have a "Warriors-type" year on our hands in 05. :cry:

Parramatt is getting upset with me..........please don't hurt me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously mate When we lose real talent then u can cry Tonga and Ryan were real talent, Witt= No talent therefore suiting the Manly club.

strider

Post Whore
Mzilikazi said:
I guess we shouldn't expect the illiterate hordes from the ghettos to understand the difference between the Northen Beagles and a truly great club called Manly. So who did Orford and O'Meley play for?

Gee, still in denial eh? - it still hurts that much does it?

The sheer stupidity of being the most brainless club in the history of rugby league and invite your biggest foe (ie Norths) into a merger hasn't worked its way out of your system yet?...still suffering are you?

Northern Eagles = Manly... and they invited Norths along purely for some cash from the NRL.... Manly always held the franchise license - the club was just too thick to use it wisely :lol: :lol: :lol:

True EEL

Bench
PJ Marshal said:
Manly are gonna get Irvine as well most prob

I love manly's thinking, success = buying parra players

very intersesting considering i know that Jamie Lyon was upset about the treatment both Witt and Daniel Irvine (mates of his) had recieved at parra??

True EEL

Bench
bartman said:
My reaction after the Witt rumours are now confirmed:

Let's hope that the "support" the Board thinks Brian Smith needs in Peter Sharp (and Daniel Anderson?) will help solve whatever issues have been happening between the coach and some of the players - those players that leave or have wanted out in the long hangover sicne 2001.

I'm sure we only hear publically the best of things (pizza nights and player support for the coach), but with the releases and on-field performances I'm sure that something on the inside is/has not been right. If and only if we (ie the club) can concentrate on and fix THAT, then the rest will follow...

Whatever happens from here, I want Witt to be the last player to (actively want to) leave Parra while under contract. It's just not good enough :evil:, no matter what you think of Witt. Basic fact is we will now be going into 2005 with previuous (long-term) plans astray, without a top line halfback, or even one with any decent first grade experience in the position (and I'm including an injured PJ, Leuleui, Morris etc in that statement). It's not a good place to start from, despite other successful recruitment.

All we have is hope for players that might fill the halfback position well - we need a lot more, and by that I mean we need the club stepping in and using WHATEVER method necessary to fix these mystery "problems" that have plagued Parra since mid-2002. Hopefully Peter Sharp can be part of the solution, and maybe Daniel Anderson as well? But I fear if things don't work out we have a "Warriors-type" year on our hands in 05. :cry:

well said mate.....again, good work!!! :clap:

i have been trying to say the same things....it worries me that best laid plans about the halves are now out the window again!!!!! and there is no clear or distinct plan in place for the halves now with the anticipation of signing Leulaui??? other than Morris and Marsh???

could BS have been so wrong about Witt???