What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt a Sea Eagle - Official

Eelementary

Post Whore
fish said:
Who do you follow Fish?

Not Parra that's for certain..........Just mucking around,my intentions were not to come here for a blue at the start but some of you guys are just so arogant it's hard not to.I reackon alot of you guys have it over the Rooter supporters in the chip on the shoulder stakes.

We have the right to be arrogant - THIS IS OUR BOARD.

witt wanted out. simple as that.
you dont keep a player for the length of the remainder of his contract if he doesnt want to play.

irrespective of how much you hate BS and want to put blame on him for everything, some things just happen. it wasnt working out for michael.

good luck to him. its not as though he was the saviour we all wanted him to be.

t-ba

Post Whore
You need to score tries to be able to utilise his goalkicking skills.

Certainly wasn't hard last year. Hell, we scored points with Ferris and Willow in the halves last year. Defence is the problem.

*Avoids Witt Related Matters*

Eelementary

Post Whore
fish said:
Even though I'm not a Smith fan I'd take him over Hasler.

How the hell did he get a job as a coach

That's going a bit far wouldn't you think?
I am one of the few that think Hasler needs to get it right next year or should be shown the door(1st grade head coaching wise) but to want Smith over him is just crazy.How many players didn't want to play under him again?

Umm let's see now... Stars including Hindmarsh, Cayless, Dykes, Rideel, Cannings, Morrison, Tahu, Marsh... Shall I go on?[/b]

HRVTSKA

Juniors
Ok....IM back been on a soccer tour in europe and had little internet time.
I log onto internet today and see witt has gone...which didnt shock me at all!

People are saying his young and will develop, so will smith, panerana(spelling), green. Did witt hit international status as have green and marcus have?
and when witt was playin with smith(tim), tim looked out of sort as he was trying to let witt command the team...as witt got the call up we saw the true skill smith had.
As with marcus.....well ask some of the warriors fans about him ;-)

Then i hear others saying marsh is a hooker not a half! few years ago parra went after gower to play half back, although he rejected cause he wanted to stay at hooker! do i need to say more....other examples can include locks from fullback to 5/8th....fittler from center to 5/8th etc.

so all in all it would have been great to keep him, but hey this is one position where parra have others that can really contend for.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thomas Leulaui????? #-o

Please. :roll: :roll:

If you people thought Witt wasnt a premiership winning halfback, then this bloke isnt much better. In fact much worse, the next version of Chris Thorman.

Why get rid of Witt for this bloke.

Utey

Coach
He wont be our half. He is a preferred 5/8. Iam pretty sure we are buying a few 5/8's then a couple halves. To have the depth we have missed out on for a long time. Hopefully a combination clicks. But in saying that to much depth will anger the fans when they begin to say why isnt Leuleui our half etc etc.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Why put him at 5/8, when we've Daniel Wagon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PF! I admire your passion for Witt and realise your very emotional at about the situation, but can you answer a few questions because it's got me curious.

1] when was the last time you saw a MOM performance by Witt? like I mean take the game by the scruff of the neck! and I mean both Prems and firsts.

2] do you really think his that good?? and if so what makes him that good?

3] why would some of us be divided in our opinion of Michaels departure eg: Markinthestands and ParraMatt have very differing views on the situation, and yet we were all shattered, dismayed and angry at Lyon when he POQ'd

4] Leulaui is not yet signed with the club, however what makes you think he'll be a dud signing?

interested to know!

ParraMatt

Bench
Jake the snake said:
He had discipline problems. Besides that he is no good.

You are a f**ken idiot who has no idea. Get a bloody brain you twit. No good, I'll give you no good.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraMatt said:
Jake the snake said:
He had discipline problems. Besides that he is no good.

You are a f***en idiot who has no idea. Get a bloody brain you twit. No good, I'll give you no good.

Jake has an opinion and is entitled to it without being abused Matt! just settle down will you!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
eelavation said:
1] when was the last time you saw a MOM performance by Witt? like I mean take the game by the scruff of the neck! and I mean both Prems and firsts.

He was great against Souths last year, he really stepped up against the Warriors this year. When I first saw him in a PL game against Newcastle last year he was sensational set up nearly every try and scored 24 points. He was consistent against Cronulla and also had a good kicking game against Newcastle at Newcastle. Was very good against the Roosters, in fact won us the game with his kicking game and controlling of the game.

Why dont you answer this question? What has Witt done wrong compared to other dud players

eelavation said:
2] do you really think his that good?? and if so what makes him that good?

He is good, just hasnt played his best football this year. He's got a good kicking game, reads the play well. He's certainly a good player, might not have the class of Gower, Sherwin and Orford, but he's consistent and thats what Parramatta needs. Did I mention he's a good goal kicker.
What he needs is a good forward, which we've got, and a good 5/8, which was Morris. He had a good combination with Morris last year, and burst onto the scene well.

Surely no worse than Ben Kusto.

eelavation said:
3] why would some of us be divided in our opinion of Michaels departure eg: Markinthestands and ParraMatt have very differing views on the situation, and yet we were all shattered, dismayed and angry at Lyon when he POQ'd

I dont care. :roll:

eelavation said:
4] Leulaui is not yet signed with the club, however what makes you think he'll be a dud signing?

Well he's just a ball running player and if New Zealand were to rely on him to do the kicking game, then theyve got problems. Not a classy half, in fact makes some blunders as he has done in 2004. However some of you talk about him as if we've already signed or are going to sign him. Lets face it if he comes to the club to replace Witt, we've got problems.

mickyj said:
When was the last time a parra half back toke a game by the scruff of the neck?

1986?

I saw Stu Galbraith do it a few times :D

Eelectrica said:
The message has gone out loud and clear: "Perform or else we'll send you off to Manly!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You need to score tries to be able to utilise his goalkicking skills.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mzilikazi

Juniors
I just thought I'd start a thread where Manly fans could thank the Parramatta faithful for putting several years of investment into a quality halfback and then sent him on to us. Not to mention letting Lyon go so that he'll eventually go our way too.

Thanks too for Noel Cleal. In a few more years you'll have burned off the remaining young talent that he bought to your club and then you'll be true wooden spooners unless you can find a way of rorting the cap like the Roosters.

Thanks too for Scott Donald. Where would you guys have been with a winger capable of 40+ tries in two seasons? Then there's the tireless Daniel Heckenberg who brings tremendous work rate and enthusiasm to the side. Not a bad trade for the lazy and injury prone Cannings that now misses his mate Jamie.

We've really enjoyed having the hit man Kylie in our side too. How you must cringe when you have clowns like Hopkins and powder puffs like Wagon and Vella in your side whilst your Premier League player of the year in 2003 is belting blokes to kingdom come and knocking on the door of kiwi selection.

I could go on but we really don't want you all to go out and neck yourselves. Who could we hate then?

PJ Marshal

Coach
wackitman.gif

Latest posts