What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Witt a Sea Eagle - Official

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Belly in Brisvegas said:
CliffyIsGod said:
You will all be having a cry when you have to have Wagon in the halves again!

I will be crying more, in laughter, when Kennedy is carted off in Round 1 with a recurrence of the injuries that kept him off the park at Newcastle.

Good luck.

Like Aaron Cannings, eh?

True EEL

Bench
are people missing all the most important and significant points from this article and decision????????

"except to say that the move was instigated by the club" Witt said.

"Obviously I didn't expect it, it just came out of the blue, so it was a bit of a surprise, but that's the way it goes," Witt said.

so........he wants to stay, is signed for a further 3 years.....yet he has been asked to leave and is shocked by being asked to???

great way to run a club that has just lost Jamie Lyon under similar circumstances and has released and signed other crucial players under similar circumstances ie. Dykes and Marsh to name a couple????

there is something wrong at the club...................and it starts with BS......

however, perhaps all of this does signal a change in the air.....???????????

i agree with strider.....that all of these kiwi signings Perenara x 2, Luealaui (and Marsh) adds plenty of creedance to the rumour that Daniel Anderson is coming to caoch Parramatta........he wants players he is familiar with and rates and perhaps they are getting rid of players that Anderson doesn't rate?????

all i can say is that Leulaui better be worth it and i certainly hope they don't brush Witt and then lose out to the ESL or someone else for the services of Leulaui?????

also, how many halfbacks (and halves) do we want or are talking up next year???

Marsh
Morris
Leulaui
Perenara
Smith
Green

and then
Wagon
Mateo

hope its not just another merry-go-round in the halves like last year and the year before and the year before that.....get the picture????

Utey

Coach
Belly in Brisvegas said:
CliffyIsGod said:
You will all be having a cry when you have to have Wagon in the halves again!

I will be crying more, in laughter, when Kennedy is carted off in Round 1 with a recurrence of the injuries that kept him off the park at Newcastle.

Good luck.
:lol: :lol: :lol:. Funny but true.

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
are people missing all the most important and significant points from this article and decision????????

Moral of the story - don't belive everything you read in the papers....

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
MANLY SIGN MICHAEL WITT FOR TWO SEASONS
Manly today signed Parramatta goalkicker and halfback or five eighth Michael Witt to a two year contract.

Witt signed his deal with Eagles executive director Paul Cummings at the Sea Eagles offices this morning (October 7).

"I'm delighted to be at the Sea Eagles - I believe they are a club on the rise and I want to be part of the resurgence,"Witt said.

Witt was released from a three year contract by Parramatta to join Manly.

"I'm aware of who Manly have brought into the club for next season and it is exciting to be coming to a club with so many fine young players and experienced stars like Steve Menzies,Ben Kennedy and Brent Kite.

"I have had discussions with coach Des Hasler and I know several players at the club who speak highly of the professionalism and enthusiasm at Brookvale.

"I have been given no promises but I would love to play NRL alongside Michael Monaghan and behind the pack Manly will field next season,"Witt said.

Manly recruitment manager Noel Cleal said the club has snared an outstanding young player.

"At 20 years of age he is well schooled and one of the best young players in the game - he will be an asset for many years to come with his allround game and excellent goal kicking ability,"Cleal said.

Witt will commence training with the Sea Eagles on November 1.

Manly have also come to terms with sharp young Cronulla halfback Travis Burns who played in last Sunday's Flegg grand final.

Utey

Coach
HAve to see if this was a bad move or a good move. I think we wont miss him but after a couple rounds we will be sure.

True EEL

Bench
yeah well i'm really pissed off with this.....

i think he will really come back to haunt us and bite us in the ass like so many others, partiicularly Tonga, Ryan, Cayless etc etc etc

i agree with Noel Cleal and think he is on eof the most talented young players in the game and can't see any logic in our he has been treated at Parramatta

favourite one day and signed for 4 years and then made a scapegoat the next minute and shipped off somehwere else......this reaks of BS to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
WEll, thats interesting hopefully at least Leuluai will get signed to make it bearable that Witt has been released.

True EEL

Bench
what colonel, don't even believe it now that it is offical???

at least Witt can play somewhere where he is wanted????

True EEL

Bench
well it would sem pretty obvious that he was pushed Colonel???

as is aid there are now a plethora of halfback options and yet the incumbent at the end of the last 2 years has been forced to look elsewhere

he has been dudded big time byt this club in my opinion, lets hope he truely makes it at Manly

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
well it would sem pretty obvious that he was pushed Colonel???

Not necessarily. It was rumoured he was upset and requested a release this year that was not granted after Lyon left. With the players that have been signed for this year he may well have asked for the release again and had it granted. There has been no official word from the Eels site and not everyone is privy to the goings on........

What better way to voice your disapproval of staying by saying you had no idea it was happening?

As I said don't believe everything you read.

True EEL

Bench
well Colonel you may be right......but i'm looking at the bigger picture here, maybe he did want out, but what were the reasons behind it????

being brushed by BS and having no confidence because there has been no faith shown in him and then having umpteen halfbacks bought, talked up or talked about

get my drift???

Utey

Coach
He knows he wouldnt be able to have a 1st grade spot with the players we are signing or rumoured to sign. IF you cant play your way into contention you go to Manly.

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
well Colonel you may be right......but i'm looking at the bigger picture here, maybe he did want out, but what were the reasons behind it????

being brushed by BS and having no confidence because there has been no faith shown in him and then having umpteen halfbacks bought, talked up or talked about

get my drift???

I'd have to be pretty slow on the uptake if I hadn't worked it out by now....

COACH STERLING

Juniors
The person making these decisions should be shot.

I guess people in the parramatta heirachy all have short memories, especially Brian smith. I remember one game witty was brought in against Newcastle when the coach was under the pump, and witty was instrumental in parra winning that day saving smiths coaching career. I wish that same faith was repaid to witty who did nothing wrong other than serve his apprenticeship.

Its clearly obvoius to me that Smith is prepared to sacrifice potential premierships in future years to try and miraculously win one next year. Its all or nothing for smith next year as he knows he will not be there beyond 2005 if he doesn't produce the goods, and he has sacrificed one of our best ever prospects.

I also wonder what future Witt thought he had at the club as he was never given a fair crack at cementing a spot, one week he would be the player of the week, followed by a shock selection back in reggies. He would have also considered the events of the past year, and the time he was in Melbourne an hour before kickoff with his boots on ready to play named in the side earlier in the week only to be told he would have to sit it out for Chris Thorman.

I know alot of people aren't happy with this decision, but I say good luck witty, you deserve better than that. I just hope we don't play Manly in a semifinal next year were we loose and witty takes out the man of the match award.

It's bound to happen!